Monday, October 1, 2012

Meet Mary Campisi

Love and Betrayal . . . Regency Style
Madeline Munrove’s mother instilled three truths in her daughter. These truths were as follows: First, men were basically useless creatures driven by decisions calculated below the waist. Second, women were far superior in intelligence and fortitude. And third, women must pretend the first and second were untrue if they hoped to navigate in a society ruled by such worthless creatures.
Enter Douglas Fontaine, a man whose life is ruled by logic and analysis. Such behavior is the reason he has created a ‘test’ which prospective brides must pass in order to gain consideration for the position of ‘wife’. When a chance game of cards with a scoundrel wins him a country estate, Douglas has no idea Madeline resides at the estate or that his very ordered existence is about to be upended.
As Madeline and Douglas attempt to determine the true nature and secrets of the other, they will soon learn that no amount of calculation will account for the moment when logic collides with passion…
Now let's meet Madeline and Mary . . .
Madeline, where are you from? “Actually, I was born in London, but as time and circumstances changed, we moved to Lingionine, an estate in the country. I don’t regret the move, mind you, it was just that, well, I wish I had been told the true reason my pony and piano disappeared.”
What is The Redemption of Madeline Munrove about? “It is the tale of a man and woman who battle wits and will. And it’s a love story, though at first, it would not appear to be such.”
What did you think the first time you saw Douglas Fontaine? “I thought there was too much of him, sprawled in the stall of my barn…imagine that? All long legs and broad shoulders, filling up the very air!” A sniff. “I did not quite know what to make of him or his disposition, which is the reason I readied a shovel in my hands…in case he needed conking.”
And your second thought? “After he grabbed me and hauled me to the ground? I thought him a beast, with those eyes and that ferocious stare.” Another sniff. “Douglas was most certainly not a gentleman, a fact he now admits. Heavens, I did not even know his true name but believed him to be the nephew of my dear old friend and former caretaker, Harold Schilling. And Douglas did nothing to dissuade me of this notion. We have discussed this in great detail…on many occasions.”
Did you think it was love at first sight? “Love? I should say not. I thought him daft with his pauses and quiet considerations. How was I to know he was a man of great intellect who examined issues at extraordinary length before speaking? I did not even like him and my dislike only amused him.” Shakes head. “I do not care to think on it.”
What do you like most about Douglas? “His wit and his ability to chal-lenge me at every turn.” Lowers voice. “Douglas possesses reasoning and deductive skills that are quite...invigorating.”
How would you describe him? “He is a proud man of honor, intellect, and compassion. And of course, I find him quite handsome, but then, doesn’t every Model Wife consider her husband to be such?”
How would he describe you? “He would say I was a bossy bit of baggage who constantly challenges him…a high compliment, I might add. And he would readily admit that while I possess none of the qualities in The Model Wife book, I am indeed the perfect wife for him.” Lowers voice to a whisper. “Who is fiercely loyal and loves him very much.”
It's our turn to learn more about Mary:What is your biggest fear? I don’t know that it’s a fear, but I’m a mother, so keeping my children safe is always at the top of the list.
How do you relax? I play in the dirt with my perennial flowers and herbs, read, cook, walk and play with my rescue dog, Cooper. I watch Pride and Prejudice, chat with my sister on the phone, and on a beautiful day, I hop on the back of my husband’s Harley and go for a ride in the country – open roads, no phones, just us and our rock n’ roll music!
Who is your favorite fictional character? Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. I model many of my heroes after him. He’s so wounded and in need of rescuing…and he fights this so hard…love that character. He is a man of integrity and honor who do anything to protect his family and friends.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My father once told us the only thing a person really has in this world is his word, otherwise known as integrity. My brothers, sister, and I have carried this with us all these years and it’s how we live our lives.
What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? Oh, that would be Pride and Prejudice – book and movie. (The movie version is the one with Matthew Macfadyen and Keira Knightley. I know I’m in the minority, but I absolutely love Matthew as Mr. Darcy. I watch it at least once a month!) All of Judith McNaught’s books…and too many others to list!
The Redemption of Madeline Munrove, Book One of The Model Wife Series is an e-original.
To learn more about Mary Campisi and the stories she creates, visit

To purchase The Redemption of Madeline Munrove, go to: Amazon; Barnes & Noble; i-Tunes; or Kobo


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kat and Veronica!

    Thanks for having me on Wild, Wild Women...oh, and thanks for having Madeline, too. She tends to speak her mind which I guess can be a good and bad thing.

    By the way, I love the background on this site- the snow covered trees remind me of one of my very favorite seasons...and it's just around the corner!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the term bossy bit of baggage. Really sums up their relationship. Especially when she considers his assesment of her a compliment.

    Enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete