Monday, October 21, 2013

A Man Like Him

Today, Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome a long-time pal from the Class of '85 series, Rachel Brimble, who brings Chris Forrester from “A Man Like Him”, an August 2013 release from Harlequin Superromance. Welcome Rachel and Chris.
As always, we'll start with Chris who will tell us a bit about “A Man Like Him”. It’s about my escape after discovering my ex-fiancĂ©e’s infidelity and the life-changing events that happened thereafter. I went to stay with my sister in a small seaside town called Templeton Cove on the coast of southern England. I hadn’t been there long when a flash flood washed out the holiday park where I was staying. Angela, the park’s manager changed my life…
What did you think the first time you saw Angela? That she was as sexy as hell and how I needed to put some space between her and me before I did something stupid, like ask her back to my bed. The woman would’ve laughed in my face.
And your second thought? That I recognized the look of someone else running––but for her, it might be for her life…
Did you think it was love at first sight? More lust than love…the love came pretty damn quickly though.
What do you like most about Angela? Her strength and courage – she is a phenomenal woman who deals with the bad hand she’s been dealt with grace and integrity. She’s also full of incredible kindness.
How would you describe her? Strong, brave, loving and beautiful
How would she describe you? Stubborn, headstrong, reliable, and of course, sexy as hell
What made you choose being a swim instructor as a career? I’m a thinker, maybe even a bit of a brooder, and the time alone in the pool is sacred to me. Add the kids I teach into the mix and the job is one I’d do for free.
What is your biggest fear? Not being enough­­––I’ve made some dire mistakes in my life and turned away from my family when they needed me most. I will do everything in my power to never make that mistake again. Ever.
How do you relax? With Angela and/or my family, throw in some mellow swing music and a good glass of Merlot and I’m good to go
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Sherlock Holmes – he knows who he is, doesn’t make any apologies for being that man and thinks out of the box. I think confidence in yourself and your own mind is paramount as we make our way through life. It’s a jungle out there…
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? “Angela told you about something she most likely wouldn’t have if the entire world hadn’t gone crazy in a matter of hours. You owe it to her to listen.” This was from my sister, and I now apply it to everyone who talks to me. You never know when someone is crying out for help. Listen and read between the lines. You might be their last resort but the only one meant to help them.
Wow. That was something! A jock with a brain—and a heart. Thanks, Chris. Now it's Rachel's turn. Long time so talk, kiddo. Tell us about the movies or books that have had an impact on your writing. It’s more a case of authors impacting my work than an individual movie or book – I love everything by Nora Roberts, Jill Shalvis and Robyn Carr. I also admire Stephen King for his amazing characterization and seemingly effortless ability to create the most terrifying suspense. Genius!
Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them? What influenced your decision to submit to them. Well, everyone who reads romance should have heard of Harlequin! It was a dream come true when I received an email from my agent saying Harlequin wanted the first book in the Templeton Cove series, “Finding Justice”. Since then, I have gone on to sign four more books for the same series. I am beyond happy!
Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release? My agent submitted the initial manuscript in Dec 2011, a contract was offered in April 2012 and that book [“Finding Justice”--see cover art below Rachel's photo] was released in Feb 2013. “A Man Like Him” came out this past August.
This has been such fun for us, rather like a reunion, heh heh. Inside joke, readers.
To learn more about Rachel Brimble and the clever stories she creates go to:
Or follow her on Twitter @rachelbrimble
To purchase _A Man Like Him, go to:
US:

UK


4 comments:

  1. Chris, you sound like my kind of man and I can't wait to read your story! Rachel, you are one of the loveliest people in this business and I'm so glad we met! Huge hugs and here's to many more successes! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, lovely lady! Hoping we'll get to meet in person one day :) Enjoy Chris' story!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. Rachel. Great to 'see' you again. Congratulations on your monumental success. A jock with a brain and a heart. Sounds like one good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margo!

    How are you?? I am so happy to have the chance to catch up with some TWRP authors - it's been too long :(

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete