Monday, February 24, 2014

Meet Rachel Brimble and What Belongs to Her


Today 2 Wild Women are pleased to welcome author Rachel Brimble and Sasha Todd, from “What Belongs To Her” a March 4th release from Harlequin Superromance. Welcome back, Rachel, and to you Sasha. Let's have some fun. First up is Sasha:
Tell us a bit about “What Belongs To Her”. It’s about my fight to return the Funland Fairground back into my family where it belongs. Templeton Cove’s crime lord took it from my grandfather and I’ve been patiently waiting for the chance to reclaim it…and then the crime lord’s son came along, exerting his very unwelcome authority.
What did you think the first time you saw John Jordon? Instant lust. I was in the mood to vent some pent-up frustration; his muscles, ridiculously sexy forearms and chiseled jaw convinced me he was just the candidate.
And your second thought? How soon can I get him out of my life!
Did you think it was love at first sight? Not at all. He was the biggest and most handsome obstacle to achieving a goal I had carefully orchestrated over a number of years. Love was the furthest thing from my mind whenever I looked at him.
What do you like most about John? His passion – he is wounded; yet not tainted. He’s fair and just…kind, and a whole load of sexy.
How would he describe you? Ha! I suspect as a major pain in the ass! But one he can resist…
What made you choose running a fairground for a profession? It was more a case of the fairground choosing me. My heart and soul is in the fair – it’s where I belong and where I am my happiest. The people, the atmosphere, the hard work…all of it fills me up.
What is your biggest fear? That the demons of my past will shape my future.
How do you relax, Sasha? Relaxation is a rarity for me – I’m always thinking about the next new thing, the next goal. I run on adrenaline. Having said that, Mr. Jordon has a unique ability to bring me to a complete standstill…
Rachel and we go back to our Class of '85 days at Wild Rose Press and it's great to have her visit us again. It's particularly nice that she's broken the barrier and is now with one of the bigs! So . . . Rachel, What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? The movies tend to be adaptations from books so any of the Nicholas Sparks movies are incredibly inspiring. I also take a lot of inspiration from UK period dramas/series such as Downton Abbey, Ripper Street and Mr. Selfridge. Great, great examples of fabulous writing and storytelling!
Tell us a bit about your publisher. What influenced your decision to submit to them. It was always a dream/goal of mine to be published by Harlequin and I knew quite early on that my work would be suited to their Superromance line, purely from the length and number of characters I like to work with. I enjoy focusing on the hero and heroine, but love adding quirky secondary characters to showcase the hero and heroine in their complete form.
Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release? I submitted my first book to Harlequin (via my agent) in Dec 2011 and after a request revision, Finding Justice was accepted in May 2012, and subsequently released in Feb 2013. Since then I have signed contracts for another four books so to say I am happy is an understatement!
 
Thanks so much for taking the time to come visit us, Rachel! We wish you much luck with sales for “What Belongs to Her” and future works.
Kat and Veronica
To purchase “What Belongs To Her” go to:

Next week Wild Women Authors will have author Kathryn Shay back for round two with her new paranormal trilogy. Stay tuned.


5 comments:

  1. It's great to be here today! Looking forward to chatting with your visitors :)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds terrific, as always! Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jannine!

    Thanks for stopping by and your continuing support - after the HQ revisions I just received, I need to know I have people rooting for me, lol!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I always enjoy reading about those who jump the hurdle to Harlequin. Best of luck to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley,

    The jump for me from small press to Harlequin was as unexpected as it was hoped for! I honestly thought it was a pipe dream so when it happened it was all the sweeter. My editor is fabulous too which makes me so happy to be with HQ.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete