Monday, May 12, 2014

Susan JP Owens, Faery Rose author

Today Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome author Susan JP Owens who brings Shelby Littleton, from Walking Into Her Heart, a Faery Rose, paranormal and fantasy, release from The Wild Rose Press. Welcome Susan and Shelby.
First up is Shelby. Where are you from? Originally from Central Texas and now Wyoming.
Tell us a bit about Walking Into Her Heart. It's about two people destined to be together while learning to trust one another and dealing with ancestral curses while surviving assassins.
What did you think the first time you saw Kyle? When I first met him, I literally couldn’t speak. He’s so handsome!
And your second thought? His eyes were stunning!
Did you think it was love at first sight? No, it was something deeper­-- drawing me closer to him. At the time, I didn’t understand all the powers pulling us together and the evil forces ripping our fragile relationship apart.
What do you like most about Kyle? There are several, but if I have to choose, he is an extremely patient man.
How would you describe him? He’s my hero in every sense of the word. Kyle never gave up on me. It took me forever to tear down the protective wall around my heart and to trust him fully without any doubt. Kyle stuck by me until I was ready. I had a lot of emotional baggage he had to deal with, but he remained by my side.
That is so sweet! Now, for the good stuff. . . how would he describe you?
I can answer that.
Hey, what a surprise! I’d like to introduce you to Kyle Pressley.
Hello everyone. I dropped by to give Shelby a family update and I want to answer the question. Shel is my soul mate, the other half of me. I never knew I needed Shelby until I met her. I’ll always love her and this may sound corny—Walking Into Her Heart was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have to go now—good talking to you all. Shel, I’ll see you at dinner.
Wow, he’s so sweet. Makes him a keeper in our book. What made you choose being in business for yourself as a profession? I love working long hours to reach my goals. The high I get when I attain them is a rush. Don’t get me wrong, being self-employed is a tough road and has many drawbacks, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. My sister, Alessa, has been my right hand and there are lots of changes coming over the next year.
How do you relax? I love unwinding in the hot tub with Kyle and have a glass of wine. And it doesn’t take a stretch of the imagination where we end our evening together.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Indiana Jones – When the story is in a tense scene and you wonder what he’s going to do next to get out of trouble, his eyes swim with deviousness! Can you tell I’m a sucker for eyes?
Nah. Never entered our minds. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? A wise woman told me to trust the man who loves me and my own heart. I’ll never forget her words as long as I live. Hopefully, my life will last long enough to help vanquish the evil ones so the child will survive to help others.
Whoa, heavy stuff here. Let's get Susan up here for a second. What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? Romance books of all genres influenced me. It wasn’t any particular one, but the culmination. Walking Into Her Heart was created from a poignant dream I had and is the first book in “The First Realm Series”. Also, if I may tell you about, The Beginning Comes Quietly, The Dawning Series is in edits and should be out this summer. Yeah! And I have another series I’m hoping will be accepted soon. Crossing fingers!
Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them? The Wild Rose Press is a marvelous publisher out of New York. I went to a retreat they sponsored and pitched three books to an editor. She asked me to email her a query letter, a synopsis and send the full manuscript.
Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release? The span of time varies according to the length of the story. I probably drove my editor crazy because I constantly wanted to recheck the edits. My editor was a trooper from the beginning to the end which was a total of nine months. I know, I know, it was totally me. I had a hard time letting go and bless her heart, she supported me every single step. The Wild Rose Press has a great dedicated team, and they truly care about their authors.
Thanks for visiting us this week, Susan. Veronica and I wish you much luck with sales on this book and future series you have in the works.
Kat Doran and Veronica Lynch
To learn more about Susan JP Owens and the stories she creates go to: www.SusanJPOwens.com
To purchase Walking Into Her Heart, go to http://amzn.com/B00GVKH6N2

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your conversations with characters and am impressed with your positive experiences with The Wild Rose Press. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great character interview. Loved it. Nice cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWRP is great and thank you Susan Coryell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, thank you so much for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pleasure having you with us this week, Susan
    sorry I didn't email you privately to alert you to the posting. I lost your address!
    kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me :) No worries, I'll get my email address to you shortly!

      Delete
  7. I've read Walking Into Her Heart, and I wanted to say what a wonderful experience the story was for me. I loved the down-to-earth realness of both Shelby and Kyle. Kudos to Susan for an exciting story that included a smokin' hot romance that had me fanning myself. Loved It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a great compliment. It means a lot to me and thank you!

      Delete
  8. Great character interview, Susan. I've read Walking into her Heart and enjoyed getting to know these two and reading about their journey. This is an awesome, page turning story, and if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful interview, Susan. You know how much I loved this book and the Native American aspects of it. Looking forward to the next in this book in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks to all who took the time to visit and leave a comment. We appreciate it very much--especially comments about the character interview aspect of it all.
    you all are wonderfully supportive of each other
    Veronica and Kat

    ReplyDelete