Monday, September 29, 2014

Come Blog With a Vet and a Cowboy

Today we are pleased to welcome Pamela S Thibodeaux and Tamera Collins, from Tempered Hearts an Inspirational Romance from Temperance Publishing. Welcome, Pamela and Tamera.
Pamela, what is Tempered Hearts about? Rancher Craig Harris and veterinarian Tamera Collins clash from the moment they meet. Innocence is pitted against arrogance as tempers rise and passions ignite to form a love as pure as the finest gold, fresh from the crucible and as strong as steel. Thrown together amid tragedy and unsated passion, Tamera and Craig share a strong attraction that neither accepts as the first stages of love. Torn between desire and dislike, they must make peace with their pasts and God in order to open up to the love blossoming between them. It is a love that nothing can destroy when they come to understand that only when hearts are tempered, minds are opened and wills are softened can man discern the will of God for his life.
Thanks for that. Now it's Tamera's turn. What did you think the first time you saw Craig Harris? That he had the prettiest steel-gray eyes I’d ever seen.
That's a good one! What was your second thought? That is is an arrogant jerk cowboy!
Even better! Did you think it was love at first sight? Oh not at all! Neither of us liked the other at first. I mean the attraction was there but he was rude and bossy and arrogant and, well, my nickname isn’t “Temper” for nothing.
What do you like most about Craig? Once I got to know him, I discovered he has a big heart and is tender, gentle and sensitive underneath that rough and tough exterior.
How would you describe him? Craig is six foot tall, wide shoulders, broad chest and long, muscular legs… the epitome of cowboy with a capital ‘C’! He has thick, dark hair and gray eyes that can be as light as dew drops dancing off sheet metal or depending on his mood, as dark and hard as gunmetal.
That's one thing but how would he describe you? At five feet, two inches, I am tiny compared to his large frame. I have blond hair and sapphire blue eyes. But that’s just a physical description. According to Craig I have a mouth that won’t quit, the temper of a she cat, the body of a goddess, and eyes that would seduce a saint LOL!
What made you choose veterinary medicine as a profession? My love for horses made me choose to be a large animal vet.
What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is losing those I love. Before I came to work at the Rocking H Ranch in Bandera, Texas, both my parents were killed in a plane crash and my fiancé died in an auto accident.
How do you relax? I love to read and relish rainy days when I can indulge in this habit.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Oh, I don’t know. I guess Rhett Butler because, (sshhh, don’t tell him I said so), Craig reminds me of him in a lot of ways. That said, I thank God I’m nothing like Scarlett!
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Relax and trust that God is in control and that all things do work together for the good of those who love Him.
We're moving back to Pamela. What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? That’s hard to say. I’ve been an avid reader since early childhood where I started with Dr. Suess then moved into horse stories then sweet romances at about age 12 or 13. By 15 I was into historical romances. So I guess you could say romance books of every nature impacted me the most because I just love a HEA ending!
Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? Tempered Hearts was first published by Writer’s Exchange Epublishing http://www.writers-exchange.com/ in December 2000. I had submitted articles to Sandy, the CEO of WEE for her ezine of the same name, so when she mentioned she was going to start publishing books, I just had to submit Tempered Hearts to her!
Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release? It didn’t take but a few months from acceptance to publication. In 2005, Tempered Hearts was re-released by ComStar Media which is no longer in business as a publishing company. When the contract expired on the entire Tempered series, I published the reprints under my own imprint, Temperance Publishing.
What book are you currently reading? I’m always reading spiritual nonfiction as well as whatever fiction book I need to review. Right now there are two on my TBR Next pile.
What's up next for you? Currently I have 2 fiction and 2 nonfiction projects in the works as well as a novel I’m getting ready for publication. I am also proofing my 4 part Tempered series to go to print.
Kat and I thank Pamela for coming back to visit us and wish her luck with what seems like a monumental task ahead for her.
Veronica Lynch
To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories she creates go to: Website address: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com
Blog: http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com
Face Book: http://facebook.com/pamelasthibodeaux
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib

Author bio: Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”



1 comment:

  1. I assume you're from southern Louisiana. used to work off shore Lafayette. spent a lot of time in Opeloosas. and of course Bandera. Good luck with your books.

    ReplyDelete