Monday, September 22, 2014

Meet indie author Eva Gordon and heroine Mia Attwood

This week Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome indie author Eva Gordon and Mia Attwood, lead character from Eva's latest, “Alpha Wolf's Pet, Hidden”. First a bit about this fascinating story:
Mia’s testimony against Russian mobsters forced her to enter the witness protection program. She is relocated to a quaint cottage in Wolf Woods, near Mt. Rainier, far from everyone and everything she loved and cared for. All is calm, until she meets Dominic, the gorgeous ruggedly handsome owner of the mysterious Wolfe Estate. He is all alpha male, domineering, and controlling. The last thing she needs is to get involved with a sexy control freak.
Alpha werewolf, Dominic Wolfe, is the pack's
enforcer. When an attractive young woman moves into a cottage near his territory; his senses are heightened to obsessive proportions. A human pet to meet his desires.
Dominic is determined to unveil Mia’s real identity while keeping his own securely hidden. Haunted by the howls and shrieks coming from Dominic’s estate, Mia wonders if she can really trust the enigmatic man she suspects of wanting a dominant-submissive relationship. A man who brings out her darker desires. Will hidden danger keep them from gratifying their burning passion?
Well, if that doesn't wet your interest, let's meet Mia. Where are you from? I’m originally from Upstate.
What did you think the first time you saw Dominic Wolfe? That he's got to be the hottest man I’ve ever laid my eyes on.
Works for us. And your second thought? He has this way of beguiling you as if all you want to do is please him. I suspect he must be into BSDM. A rich Dom looking for his next sub. Weird, huh?
Yep, works for us. Did you think it was love at first sight? Lust at first sight, but boy did I want to learn more about him.
What do you like most about Dominick? His larger than life alpha confidence and most of all his over top protective nature.
Interesting. How would you describe him? Cover model hot with a clean cut, dark blond hair and light beard. Feral amber eyes that draws you in. A wall of a man at 6’5” and muscular. Hardly the looks of a man who could fade into the background without women noticing.
Unh huh. While we wait for our heart rate to get back to a normal rhythm, tell us how he'd describe you. He tells me how beautiful I am, but I like how he sees me as a challenge.
What made you choose grant writing for a profession? I was a museum education coordinator and cellist but had to change my profession once I went into the witness protection program.
What is your biggest fear? I’m in the witness protection program so every day I fear the Russian Chess Piece mob will find and kill me.
Not an easy way to live each day, we're sure. How do you relax? I play my cello.
Who's your favorite fictional character and why? Belle from “Beauty and the Beast” because Dominic is without a doubt, the Beast.
Good one. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My WPP handler conveyed the program rules. Rule #1: Witnesses can't contact former friends or associates. Rule #2: Break Rule #1 and you won't live to break any of the other rules.
Well. That wraps things up nicely. Let's talk a bit with Eva. What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? I love Diane Gabaldon’s Outlander series. It’s how I discovered my love of heart stopping romance and epic story telling.
What real thing or event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? My experience as a volunteer at a wolf sanctuary. I observed wolf behavior up close and personal.
Tell us a bit about your publisher. I’m a hybrid author, writing for two publishers, The Wild Rose Press and Corvallis Press but I went indie with this novella series. In the meantime, my agent is working hard to get other projects sold to the big NY publishers.
What project are you working on now? Finishing the “Alpha Wolf’s Pet” series.
When you finish that, what's up next? Besides my novella series, I have book 2 in my Wolf Maiden Saga coming soon, a steampunk series (Hand of Miriam is book 1 and now available) and more in my After the Bane series.
Wow, you are one busy woman! We thank you, Eva, for visiting us this week and for introducing our blog visitors to a set of fascinating characters as well as imaginative story arcs.
Veronica Lynch and Kat Henry Doran
To purchase this book and learn more about Eva Gordon, go to: www.RavenAuthor.com



2 comments:

  1. I love the premise of this book. Danger lurks behind every tree. Is it the mob, or a pack of wild wolves that will do poor Mia in? Or falling for Mr. Hottie? (If I could choose my own demise, I'd prefer the latter!) Very nice interviews, both the character and author. It was interesting to hear about all of the projects you have going on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Wow, Mia is one lucky girl, in spite of her predicament. Sounds like a fantastic read!

    ReplyDelete