Sunday, October 5, 2014

Introducing Nick Forrester and Nunie Doyle of Caper Magic

     Nick Forrester comes to Cape Brendan ostensibly to assist with Caper Madness, a month long celebration of everything Halloween. In reality he is tracking a woman on the run. Within days he is confronted by Annunciata Doyle, a vivid reminder of a pain-filled past.
     After retreating to Cape Brendan in defeat and humiliation, Nunie Doyle's only hope was to make the best of forced retirement. There, in this quaint tourist town on the shores of Lake Ontario, she earned the love and respect of new friends and neighbors—and put her talent for helping women to good use.
     With the mutual goal of making Caper Madness the best ever, Nick and Nunie fight tooth and nail on the personal level, each discovering a new side to the other, sides that make them consider making drastic changes for the rest of their lives.
     This attraction: complete madness—or sheer magic?
    We had an open spot on the calendar this week so Nick agreed to fill in at the last minute. We're always in the mood to spend time with a hunky older man ala Tony Denison from The Closer and Major Crimes. 
    Good morning, Nick, tell us a bit about Caper Magic. As you can see by the blurb, I came to Cape Brendan to help my Uncle Hank run this annual lunacy called Caper Madness. He's not been feeling well and I needed to spend some time with him before . . . you know.
    Yep. Been there, done that. What did you think the first time you saw Nunie Doyle? That she had the longest legs in the known universe.
    Not bad, kid. And your second thought? I wondered how that velvet fall of hair would feel as it brushed against my skin.
    Did you think it was love at first sight? Hell no. Once she opened her mouth and that Irish brogue sang out, a nasty tingle ran up my back. Then Hank said her name. Never in a million years did I think I'd run into the Crone of Crozier College in the middle of Cape Brendan. Believe me, her legs could stretch from here to Long Island; her hair could burn me live with its fire. Love is the last emotion I'd ever feel for this . . . dame.
    What do you like most about her? As it turns out, she's got more guts than most guys I know, and more integrity. She's a wonder, my Nunie.
    How would you describe her? Caring, tireless, gutsy, loyal. Forgiving.
    How would she describe you? A skeeving git.
    What made you choose legal investigations as a second career? I retired from the Syracuse Police Department a few years ago but boredom set in real soon. One of the biggest law firms in town hired me as Chief Investigator. The pay is good; it keeps me off the streets and out of the bars; plus, it pays the rent. And I'm rarely bored.
    What is your biggest fear? That I'll lose my uncle before I have the opportunity to tell him how much I respect, admire and revere him for all he did for me and my sister when we were abandoned by our parents.
    How do you relax? When I figure that one out, I'll let you know.
    Who's your favorite fictional character and why? Mitch Rapp, the CIA operative in the political thriller series conceived by the late Vince Flynn. The man has an ego as big as all outdoors with a heart to match. I'm so sorry there won't be any new adventures for old Mitch.
    What is the best piece of advice you ever received? On the day I graduated from the police academy Uncle Hank told me to listen to my gut, then my heart and make a decision. Don't drag your ass, boy, he said. If it's not the best decision you'll always have the opportunity to go back and make things right.
    Thanks, Nick. Can't wait to show you what we've got in store for you in the next Cape Brendan story. Unh oh. Do I get antsy now or wait?
    We'll let you know.
    To purchase Caper Magic or other stories by Kat or Veronica, go to:
    www.thewildrosepress.com and click on author search. That will bring up all the titles.

14 comments:

  1. Another hero to fall in love with. I do like your style, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, MJH!
      thanks for stopping by. it's always great to hear from an old pal. Nick was a lot of fun to write.
      Best,
      V

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the "perfect" conflict leading to romance. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,, Susan
      this was a fun story to write. Particularly the witches precision drill team. What a hoot!
      thanks for stopping by
      Veronica

      Delete
  3. Wow, great interview and it sounds like an intriguing book. Love the cover, too! I'll have to get my hands on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura
      this was a short and quick one, but packed with snide humor on Nick's part and lots of Irish curse words on Nunie's. I have cousins to help me in that respect.
      Hope you enjoy Nick and Nunie
      Veronica

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this so much! Now I feel like reading Caper Magic to get to know Nick and Nunie even more! ChrysFey(at)yahoo(dot)com. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Chris
      we'll be stopping by your blog one of these days so you'll get to know the two of them a bit better I hope
      see you soon and thanks for visiting
      Veronica

      Delete
  5. I loved this story, and especially loved watching Nick and Nunie do their best not to fall for each other LOL.

    I'm not typically a Halloween fan but I'd sure love to visit Cape Brendan during Caper Madness.

    Another great read from Veronica Lynch!


    BTW I apologize if this posts more than once, Blogger is messing wiht me today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hey Nic
      thanks for stopping by. We enjoyed writing this story too!!
      you're the best as always
      Veronica

      Delete
  6. Nick sounds like a real character. And I get the feeling Nunie is, too. Looks like a great read! Thanks for sharing it! And I'll agree with the Nic above, a whole town dedicated to Halloween fun would be a kick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah
      particularly the scarecrow and skeleton dancing the tango on the front porch of the historic association and the ghouls quartet playing in the park every day at noon
      lotsa fun!
      thanks for stopping by, MJ
      Veronica

      Delete
  7. Love your characters!! Fabulous cover art!! Can't wait for this release :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, this was a labor of love
      thanks for stopping by Kate!
      Veronica

      Delete