Monday, October 13, 2014

Meet Scott Hensley, MD of Tempered Dreams


Dr. Scott Hensley has built a wall around his heart since the death of his wife and parents. Katrina Simmons is recovering from scars inflicted on her as a battered wife. Can dreams be renewed and faith strengthened? Can they find joy and peace in God’s love and in love for one another?

This week Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back Pamela S Thibodeaux who brings Dr. Scott Hensley, from Tempered Dreams a inspi-rational romance released by Temperance Publishing.
First up is Scott. What did you think the first time you saw the heroine?
The night I met Katrina after an automobile accident she was in with her husband, I thought how much she reminded me of my deceased wife as well as best friend’s wife.
And your second thought? I can’t recall my second thought but I can tell you I couldn’t get her out of my mind.
That is so sweet! Did you think it was love at first sight? For me it was, although it took a while to realize that.
What do you like most about Katrina? Everything! She is beautiful, passionate, and has depths of love and goodness and an innate strength she never knew she possessed.
How would you describe her? She is petite with rich red-gold hair and chocolate colored eyes and a fiery personality that belies her size.
How would she describe you? I’m a bit older than Trina but I do believe she’d describe me as strong yet gentle, tough yet tender. I’d go to the ends of the earth to protect her and make her happy and all of her dreams come true. I am six feet tall, huge compared to her tiny frame, with black hair and brown eyes.
What made you choose medicine as a profession? I’ve always had this burning desire to help people, especially those less fortunate than I. Guess it comes from being raised by a minister.
What is your biggest fear? That mankind will destroy itself. You’ve no idea how much anguish we deal with on a daily basis and the depths of pain and suffering one human can inflict on another.
How do you relax? Relax? I’m a physician, remember? Seriously, my favorite way to relax is spending time with those I love and returning to Bandera, Texas where I was born and raised.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Dr. Gregory House, the title character from TVs House. He's cocky and arrogant, I know, but brilliant. Dr. Gregory House from the TV show House. He’s arrogant and
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Many doctors have what’s commonly known as a God complex. When I first studied medicine my father reminded me often, that I am not God but merely His instrument. I try hard to remember that in my life and practice.
What a great way to end a character interview! Now, to chat a bit with Pamela. What movies or books have had an impact on your writing?
I’ve been an avid reader my entire life. Walter Farley’s Black Stallion series impacted my love for horses and desire to write about them. Nora Roberts hugely impacted my romantic nature and ability to develop characters and Francine Rivers gave me insight on how to write true-to-life Christianity in my characters.
Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them? What influenced your decision to submit to them. Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release?
Tempered Dreams was initially published in 2005 by ComStar Media. The entire process from acceptance to publication took a little over a year, since CSM released it along with book 1, Tempered Hearts at the same time. Once my contract for the series expired, I reproduced the books with new covers through my indy imprint, Temperance Publishing.
What book are you currently reading? Nothing at the moment, my reading binge ended a couple of weeks ago but my TBR pile is always there….waiting…wooing.
Good one. What's up next for you? My upcoming novel, Circles of Fate is in the last rounds of edited and hopefully will be out before Thanksgiving. After that, I have 2 projects well underway which I hope to get completed and submitted/contracted/whatever next year. I also have 2 NF projects I’d like to work on. And of course, like all writers a whole host of ideas just waiting to be developed.
Thanks so much for visiting us this week, Pamela. Much luck with this book and future works.
Kat and Veronica
Author Bio: Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”
To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories she creates go to:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib
To purchase Tempered Dreams, go to:
Amazon Print: http://amzn.to/1q4Q8hV

1 comment:

  1. i've been to Bandera, TX. if you're from there I know someone from there.

    ReplyDelete