Friday, January 23, 2015

Welcome back M.J. Schiller

Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back an old pal, MJ Schiller, author of a new sci-fi romance Lady of the Knight and Prince Megan. Welcome. Let's begin with Prince Megan (Maggie).
Where are you from? I am from the planet of Bethyea. Although it is almost deserted now, it was once a bright, peaceful place to live. Beautiful rolling hills and trees, creeks and meadows. It was idyllic when I was growing up. Now we have been overrun by slave traders and those who survived the raids have left one by one.
Tell us a bit about Lady of the Knight. It describes the many adventures Darius and I have had, then ultimately about how I had to make a choice: would I betray my husband in order to save him?
What did you think the first time you saw Darius? The first few seconds, I only felt his presence and tried to flee. When he tackled me and I twisted to stare up into his face, I was filled with this sense of calm. He just radiated serenity.
Interesting. And your second thought? That I should be running from this man. It was the dead of night and I was on the run some bad men. I ducked into Darius’ quarters, hoping they'd be empty.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? It was…something. Definitely something. There was this amazing connection, undeniable, and unchanged over the years.
What do you like most about him? His strength of character. He offers me the stability I’ve never really had. Even when times were good as a child, there was always tension and uneasiness. Perhaps I sensed what the future held, the awful time when our planet would be raided.
How would you describe Darius? Wise beyond his years. Loving, giving, warm.
Very nice. How would he describe you? Ha! Umm…flaky? No. He would never say that. That’s just how I feel sometimes in comparison to him. He would say I’m…what lightens him. What makes him happy. I hope.
Aww. What is your biggest fear? Being alone again. But I don’t think about that often.
How do you relax, Maggie? I like to do physical things, swim, workout, spar.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Trust your instincts. It has rarely failed me.
Great talking with you Maggie. Now let's chat for a bit with your creator, MJ. What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? Well my sci-fi, like Lady of the Knight, is definitely influenced by the Star Wars saga, and those like it: Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers. I’ve also read a lot of books in this genre. As far as the craft of writing goes, On Writing by Stephen King has meant a great deal to me.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? There is a scene with a child who is struggling to fall asleep. Her single uncle doesn’t understand why her parents are ignoring her pleas for water and stories, etc. This is based on an incident with my niece, Maddie, and my brother, Patrick. I think it just makes things more real, and shows the depths of some relationships.
What made you decide to self publish? I was originally published with Crimson Romance but now I self-publish my work. I enjoy being part of the entire process, especially helping with the cover art design.
And all your covers are beauties; this one is a winner! What project[s] are you working on now? After this blog tour I plan on getting some serious editing done on my next contemporary romance, Blackout which centers around how a blackout brings two people together and how another rips them apart.
What's up next for you? Well, my triplets graduate in May and will be going away to college in the Fall. I think there is a whole lot of adjusting in store for me!
TRIPLETS??!!!! Yup, a lot of adjusting for you, pal. Yikes.

For more information on M.J. Schiller go to:

To purchase Lady of the Knight, go to: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S0GEZNO






9 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me and for letting me introduce another characters to your readers. I always enjoy these interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Good luck & God's blessings.
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pamela! And thanks for taking the time to stop in!

      Delete
  3. I enjoy your romantic, suspenseful Sci-Fi writing and that is not my usual choice of genre. Triplets! Wonderful. Best wishes on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! Yes, I have two boys and a girl, and an older daughter. It seems hard to believe that you can love them any more than you do when you first bring them home from the hospital, but I love them even more now! I appreciate you joining us today!

      Delete
  4. MJ. I've said it before, your triplets trump my twins! However did you do it? (Most of their younger years are a blur to me.) Those covers of your are absolutely breath taking. Enjoyed the interview. Best of luck. Shout out to Veronica/Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really believe that one child can be as much of a handful as a slew of them. The early years are a blur for me, too. All I remember is they had to be fed every two hours per doctor's order, and it took 1 1/2 to feed them as they weren't all that strong at first. Now I can't keep enough food in the house! Ha!

    I do love my covers, and my cover artist, Steven Novak. Thank you for chatting with us, Margo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks to everyone who stopped by so far: Pamela, Margo and Susan. You make this blogging stuff worth the struggle for this computer challenged woman.
    K & V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love my M.J. Schiller books!
    -R.T. Wolfe

    ReplyDelete