Monday, February 9, 2015

Welcome author Pamela Thibodeaux

Amber Harris is a good girl on the brink of womanhood. Stanley Morrison is a young man at the start of his life. For each other, they have always felt the fireworks that two people in love should feel. But the questions about his past, his pride, and Amber's father might be the end of what could be a strong relationship. As the two try to protect their budding romance, some unlikely but powerful forces conspire to keep them apart. Will they survive the wishes of everyone around them with their relationship intact?

This week, Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome author Pamela S Thibodeaux who brings Stanley Morrison the male protagonist from Tempered Fire, an inspirational romance from Temperance Publishing. Let's begin with Stanley.
Please tell us a bit about Tempered Fire. Book 3 in the ‘Tempered’ series, Tempered Fire is based on Proverbs 22:6: Train a child up in the way he should go and he shall not depart from it. Craig Harris (protagonist from Tempered Hearts) must learn the hardest lesson a devoted father: “...Let go and let God make of HIS children what HE will…”
What did you think the first time you saw Amber? How beautiful she was. That was after I noticed the horse she rode.
What was your second thought? That I was looking forward to my first (and last) year at Bandera High School.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? Pretty close. She snagged my attention at the charity rodeo hosted by her father’s ranch over the summer and my heart [on] Homecoming eve.
What do you like most about Amber? Everything! I mean seriously, what’s not to like? She’s beautiful and has a generous heart, often instigating fundraisers and donation drives for the homeless and the hungry. She never seems to have a bad day. Always bright and cheerful she treats everyone with respect, making no preference between the rich, the poor, and the middle class.
How would you describe her? Although she is tall like her father and has his dark hair, Amber looks enough like her mother to pass as sisters, inheriting Tamera’s porcelain-like skin and brilliant sapphire eyes.
How would she describe you? I’m just shy of six feet tall with reddish brown hair and sky blue eyes.
What made you choose breeding and training horses for a career? I love horses and have been blessed with the gift of not only picking high quality horse flesh, but also the ability to communicate with them and train them to be gentle, loyal creatures.
What is your biggest fear, Stanley? That I could never measure up to the standards Craig Harris has set for the man he’d pick as a son in law. But then again, knowing Craig, no one else could either so I guess I’m lucky that he allowed me to remain in the same state as she.
How do you relax? I play guitar and sing.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? John Wayne is my favorite actor so just about any character he played could be considered a favorite.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My grandmother always told me to keep God first in everything and to honor Him and that He would bless the work of my hands and give me the dreams in my heart. I’m thinking that’s pretty good advice to live by.
Thank you, Stanley. Now for a word with Pamela.
What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? A romantic at heart, I believe in magic and miracles and happy ever after and absolutely LOVE a great read, song and/or movie.
Tell us a bit about your publisher. The entire Tempered series was contracted in 2005 through ComStar Media; books 1&2 were re-released by them that same year. Tempered Fire came the next year (2006). The books were already written so I guess it took about six months or so for editing, layout, & publication. When my contract expired for the series in 2011 I did some light editing, had new covers made and released them under my indy imprint, Temperance Publishing.
What are you currently reading? I am currently reading Surprised by Love a 3 book volume of historical romances published by Broadstreet Publishing, a division of Oak Tara.
What's up next for you? My novel Circles of Fate is in the final stages of editing/proofing before it is released. After that, I have 2 more stories in various stages of completion, 2 NF books in the works and a whole host of ideas waiting to be developed.
Wow, that's not a plate, we're talking platter. Or two. Thanks for visiting us this week and for bringing Stanley with you.

To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories he/she creates go to:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib
To purchase Tempered Fire, go to:
Amazon Print: http://bit.ly/Zwr3X2

7 comments:

  1. Tempered Fire sounds like a romance based on extraordinary conflict. Add in horses and a dreamy male protag and you've got a winner! Best wishes for continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the re-released series and your indy imprint do very well, Pamela!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    I enjoyed the interview. Tempered Fire sounds like a must read. Hope you have great sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your indie venture. The stories sound amazing! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful character! And John Wayne is one of my favorites. The series sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you EVERYONE! Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I SO appreciate you for taking a moment to pop by and leave a comment.
    May God bless you richly!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your interview, Pamela! This sounds like a great book. Who doesn't love a cowboy? And the message it conveys is an important one. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete