Monday, March 16, 2015

Meet K\Lexi Morgan from Tempered Joy

Today Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back inspirational author Pamela S Thibodeaux who brings Lexi Morgan from Tempered Joy a contemporary romance release out of Temperance Publishing. First up is Lexi.
Please tell us a bit about Tempered Joy. All-around rodeo cowboy and heir to the Rockin’ H Ranch, Ace Harris is determined not to fall in love. He’s only loved one woman in his life, his mother, and no one can even come close to filling her boots. Lexie Morgan thinks rodeo cowboys have rocks for brains and a death wish for a soul. A broken childhood and the death of her father and best friend leave her doubting and questioning God, despite her years of religious upbringing, and is afraid of love. Can two young people who clash from the onset learn to trust in the healing power of God and find love and happiness amidst tragedy and grief?
What did you think the first time you saw Ace? That he was a chauvin-istic cowboy. I mean, “All Around Rodeo Champion” seriously? Everyone knows rodeo cowboys have rocks for brains and a death wish for a soul.
Great descriptions. Paints a picture with few words. So . . . what was your second thought? Not only is he chauvinistic, he’s got arrogance in abundance.
Did you think it was love at first sight? Oh most definitely not! It wasn’t even love at second sight. Although he had grown up a lot in the two plus years between our first meeting and second.
What do you like most about him? Well, once I got to know him, I like the tenderness he shows his sister and nieces, his sense of humor and well, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention those dancing gray eyes and smile that’s designed to make women of all ages swoon.
Now we're moving. How would you describe him? Just shy of six feet tall, Ace is the epitome of cowboy with a capital C. Although his skin is tanned from the sun and wind, Ace’s hair is shockingly blond. His beautiful gray eyes change from dark, gunmetal color to a shade similar to dew drops glistening on sheet metal. He’s got a smile that will light up a room, a wicked sense of humor and arrogance that sometimes grates on my nerves but he can be tender and sweet and is as genuine as they come.
Again, some excellent word choices. Here's the key, how would he describe you? Me? He’d probably describe me as a fiery-haired wench [because] I have auburn hair and green eyes. I’m about five two and tiny compared to his tall, broad frame and he loves my south Louisiana accent.
What is your profession or career? I haven’t chosen a career yet, but Ace is studying to be a veterinarian like his mother was. Should come in handy since he is heir to one of the largest ranches in Texas.
What is your biggest fear? My mother died in childbirth and my father was a hopeless alcoholic. Not mean or anything, he just didn’t know how to be the kind of father I needed so my greatest desire is to be a wife and mother but my biggest fear is that I won’t know how to be either.
How do you relax? I love to play music…. Harmonica, piano, and saxophone.
Eclectic choices there. The sax is probably as big as you! Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Scarlett O’Hara. A lot of people think she was spoiled and selfish and too stupid to live but I absolutely love her determination to overcome what she saw as impossible situations.
Could not agree more—about anything you said. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My adoptive mother, Trina once told me I should listen to my heart and let God lead me and never settle for less than His best in my life.
This was fun! Now let's talk a bit with Pamela.
What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? A romantic at heart, I believe in magic and miracles and happy ever after and absolutely LOVE a great read, song and/or movie. Nora Roberts is my all time favorite author and Pretty Woman one of my favorite movies.
Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them? What influenced your decision to submit to them. Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release?
The entire Tempered series was contracted in 2005 through ComStar Media and books 1&2 re-released by them that same year. Tempered Fire came the next year (2006). The books were already written so I guess it took about six months or so for editing, layout, & publication. When my contract expired for the series in 2011 I did some light editing and had new covers made and released them under my indy imprint, Temperance Publishing.
What book are you currently reading? My TBR pile is too large to mention but I try to read extensively & exclusively in romantic fiction and spiritual nonfiction.
What's up next for you? [future releases, current projects etc] My novel Circles of Fate is finally published and is available @ Amazon, B&N and Smashwords along with many of my other titles. I still have a couple of other fiction and nonfiction projects in the works.
Thanks, Pam. As always, it's a treat chatting with your varied and interesting characters. We hope you'll bring Circles of Fate for a visit real soon.
To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories she creates go to: Website address: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib

To purchase Tempered Joy, go to:
Amazon Print: http://amzn.to/1xwIx12


3

6 comments:

  1. So how do I meet this cowboy? I'd like to see if I could handle him - or let him handle me - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempered Joy sounds compelling with all its conflicts involved in the romance. I, too, love GWTW, both book and movie. Best wishes for all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan! If you find him, Kathye...let me know LOL! He really is a sweetheart tho ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, hi there Kathye and Susan!!
    thanks so much for stopping by
    Pam and I appreciate it very much
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veronica's right, Pamela, you have a great gift for writing description. Good thing you're a writer, eh? Enjoyed your interview and look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the "rocks for brains" part. Rodeo is such a demanding sport, it's almost a lifestyle that precludes having a normal life. Loving a rodeo cowboy has got to be tough, must be a wonderful love story.

    ReplyDelete