Monday, April 20, 2015

Meet Inspirational Author Pamela S. Thibodeaux

Today Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back author Pamela S. Thibodeaux who brings with her Lori Strickland, from Lori’s Redemption an Inspirational romance release from Temperance Publishing. Lori is up first.
Tell us a bit about Lori’s Redemption. Lori Strickland, who was introduced in Tempered Fire, has always been known as her father's "wild child" with no desire to change until she meets ex-bull-rider-turned-preacher Rafe Judson. Her attempts to change her wanton ways come to naught until she realizes redemption only comes with true repentance.
What did you think the first time you saw Rafe? That he was handsome despite his limp.
And your second thought? That he smelled rather good for a preacher.
Good one, Lori. Did you think it was love at first sight?
Oh no, definitely not! I was not at my best when we met so I’m sure there wasn’t any love at first sight. A bit of interest and maybe a hint of lust on his part and he definitely invaded my sphere, but I’m not sure it was love.
What do you like most about him? The total lack of judgment in him over the sad state of disgrace he found me in.
How would you describe him? He is tall and handsome with jet black hair and crystal blue eyes. He has a limp from a near fatal mishap with a bull that ended his career as a rodeo cowboy.
How would he describe you? Well I’ve always been known as a ‘wild child’ and I’m sure he figured that a correct description despite my innocent looks, blonde hair and brown eyes.
What made you choose rodeo cowgirl as a career? I was born with a desperate need to escape from the small-town existence of Bandera, Texas. With no real direction in my life and no idea what I really wanted to do other than find the cowboy of my dreams and settle down, I figured the rodeo circuit would at least curb if not cure the wanderlust in my soul. And that maybe I could build a name for myself and be recognized as anything other than Roy Strickland’s ‘wild child.’ Also, what better place to find a cowboy than at the rodeo?
What is your biggest fear? That I’ll never really be accepted or loved for who I am, not just who my father is and that I’ll never measure up to standards of any kind held in high esteem by society at large. And that I’ll never be good enough.
How do you relax? I don’t. Does any wanderer ever really relax? But I do love to run and that is about the only thing that’s been a consistency in my life.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Cinderella. She had a fairy godmother that created a life of beauty out of the ashes in her existence and a Prince Charming who searched until he found her, kinda like Rafe did with me.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My long-time friend, Stanley Morrison, who is actually more like a brother, told me at my darkest moment that it’s never too late for redemption for anyone, regardless of what they’ve done. He also said that redemption is the key to ending the misery in our lives and that you can’t find redemption, nor can you earn or buy it. Like forgiveness, grace and mercy, redemption is a gift and we can only receive it.
Thanks for the interview, Lori. It's Pamela's turn now. What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? A romantic at heart, I believe in magic and miracles and happy ever after and absolutely LOVE a great book, song and/or movie. Nora Roberts is my all time favorite author and Pretty Woman one of my favorite movies.
Tell us a bit about your publisher. Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release? Temperance Publishing is an indy imprint under which I published the reprints of my Tempered series. Since Lori’s Redemption is a short spin-off of Tempered Fire (book 3), it was only fitting that I release it myself. It took a couple of months of editing and formatting then getting the perfect cover before I felt comfortable releasing the story.
What book are you currently reading?
Along with romance books, I am an avid reader of spiritual non-fiction and right now I’m reading You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. Recent reads are The Unmistakable Touch of Grace by Cheryl Richardson and How to Know God by Deepak Chopra.
What's up next for you? [future releases, current projects etc].
My latest novel, Circles of Fate , was released in December 2014 through Temperance Publishing. Currently I have 2 WIP’s that I alternate working on.... one I hope to submit to Pelican Book Group for their Passport to Romance line and the other either for their Christmas Extravaganza or Easter Lilies line.
Thanks, Pamela. As always, this has been great. You create interesting, layered characters who are a thrill to meet.
To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories she creates go to: http://pamelathibodeaux.com/
To purchase Lori’s Redempton, go to:
To read an excerpt go to: http://bit.ly/185bztf

2 comments:

  1. I admire your gift for writing romance with Christian themes. Love the cover! Good luck with all your ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, Enjoyed meeting you and Lori. I love writing and reading westerns and when it involves something like redemption, well there ya go. Good read for sure. Sounds like a fun read--great story concept. I was drawn to your characters and can't wait to meet the preacher, Rafe. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete