Monday, May 18, 2015

Meet Pamela Thibodeaux' Newest Hero

     Set at the tail end of the Vietnam War era, Circles of Fate takes the reader from Fort Benning, Georgia to Thibodaux, Louisiana. A romantic saga, this gripping novel covers nearly twenty years in the lives of Shaunna Chatman and Todd Jameson. Constantly thrown together and torn apart by fate, the two are repeatedly forced to choose between love and duty, right and wrong, standing on faith or succumbing to the world’s viewpoint on life, love, marriage and fidelity. With intriguing twists and turns, fate brings together a cast of characters whose lives will forever be entwined. Through it all is the hand of God as He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome Pamela S Thibodeaux and Todd Jameson, from Circles of Fate an Inspirational Women’s Fiction release from Temperance Publishing. First up is Todd.
What did you think the first time you saw Shaunna Chatman? That she was the loveliest female I’d ever laid eyes on.
And your second thought? That she was too young to get involved with.
Did you think it was love at first sight? For me, definitely.
What do you like most about her? That’s hard to pinpoint as I love everything about her… the way she walks, the sound of her voice, her smile, the way the sun bounces off her hair, the way her eyes shine when she’s happy or flash fire when she’s mad.
That is so sweet! How would you describe her? Shaunna has rich copper colored hair and coffee colored eyes. She’s petite, but is every bit as passionate as her coloring would indicate.
How would she describe you? Me? I’m nothing special. I’m about five eight or nine with black hair and green eyes.
What made you choose military life for a career? At seventeen I had the option to stay out of jail by joining the Army.
Works for us—and for many young men in similar situations back in the day. What is your biggest fear? That no matter how much I accomplish, endure or overcome, deep down inside I’ll still be like my alcoholic father.
How do you relax? What’s that? I’m in the Army, remember? Seriously, I haven’t had a lot of time to relax but plan to do a lot of that once I retire. That, and spend time with the family and friends God has graced me with.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? My mother died when I was three and until I joined the Army I was too busy fighting to survive life with my father that I never had a lot of time for fiction. Then twenty years in the Army, including my last assignment as a ROTC instructor, didn’t allow much room for anything but training and military policy and procedure. Although I do enjoy a bit of television so if I had to pick a favorite fictional character I’d have to say Magnum PI.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Not really advice but insight I received when talking to my stepson is this: It’s not your name that counts but the honor you bring to it.
Good one. Thanks, Todd. Now it's time to talk with Pamela. What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? That’s hard to say. I’ve been an avid reader since early childhood where I started with Dr. Suess, then moved into horse stories then sweet romances at about age 12 or 13. By 15 I was into historical romances. So I guess you could say romance books of every nature impacted me the most because I just love a HEA ending and Nora Roberts is my all-time favorite romance author.
Tell us a bit about your publisher. Temperance Publishing is the indy imprint under which I published the reprints of my Tempered Series & short spinoff Lori’s Redemption, the electronic & soft cover editions of The Visionary and a couple of non-fiction projects. This manuscript was originally handwritten in 1989, typed in 1994 then saved from a word processor to my computer in 2000. I worked on it sporadically over the years but not until last year was it ready to submit. Then, after submitting to several agents and a couple of publishers who declined the book for various reasons, I decided to publish it myself.
What are you currently reading? I’ve been on a non-fiction kick for sometime and am currently reading You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay and The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder.
What's up next for you? I still have several projects in the works. Two fiction and two nonfiction. One thing I am doing is uploading all of my articles and essays to my website. I have years of knowledge and experience in several areas of business and finance along with writing, editing and promotion. Over the span of my writing career, I’ve compiled nearly 100 articles and essays which I am uploading to my website. Once that project is off my ‘To Do’ list I hope to develop a regular writing schedule again.
Thanks so much for visiting us, Pamela. It's always a treat to meet your characters and talk with you. Kat and Veronica.

To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories she creates go to:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib

To purchase Circles of Fate, go to:
Create Space: http://bit.ly/1qRN3cb
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/136qK7n



11 comments:

  1. O admire your ability to write romance with faith-based background and theme. Circles of Fate sounds intriguing. Good luck with all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd comes through as a fabulous character. One I'd truly like to meet. I love your story of success too, Pamela. Best of luck on this special journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great character interview, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed the interview...how could I resist a hero who favors Magnum PI? It's always great to know more about you, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, I enjoyed meeting Todd, it was a fun interview. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like quite a love story! And I LOVE soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful interview! Todd seems like a stand up kind of guy and has a deep faith besides? Wow. What a combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Pam is a good author with ideas that begin in her heart rather than her head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ALL for dropping by and commenting. Sorry I wasn't here sooner but it's been a crazy couple of days getting ready for a trip up to Sam Rayburn lake in TX!

    Good luck and God's blessings to each of you!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow
    the response to Pam and Todd has been phenomenal!
    thanks to all who responded
    Kat and Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire those with the tech ability to self-publish. Good luck with all your ventures.

    ReplyDelete