Monday, June 8, 2015

No Other Love

This week, Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome author Jean Adams and female protagonist Jenna Blake from No Other Love, a contemporary romance, recently released by The Wild Rose Press. Welcome Jean and Jenna.
Where are you from, Jenna? London.
Please tell us a bit about No Other Love. I work for an airline and I was sent to Los Angeles for six months as part of my job. I’m following my goal to travel the world and meet the man of my dreams. I want to marry an aristocrat so I think that in my job the chances are pretty good.
What did you think the first time you saw Lucas Nelson? [I thought] Wow! What a gorgeous man. He crashed into me in the street and I couldn’t think of a thing to say to keep him talking.
Very good. What was your second thought? He was the rudest man I’ve ever met! I think he took a dislike to me. Thought I was snooty.
Great! Did you feel it was love at first sight? Yes, it was, but I didn’t realize it at the time.
What do you like most about him? His million-megawatt smile. It lights up his whole face when he deigns to smile.
How would you describe him? He’s got a big chip on his shoulder, that’s for sure. But he’d do anything for anyone and not expect anything in return.
How would Lucas describe you? At first he made it obvious he thought I was snooty. When I realized he was protecting his heart after two disastrous love affairs it became clear to me that he was hurting.
What made you choose the working for an airline as a career? I wanted to see the world and meet an aristocrat. I’ve worked hard for it and I deserve it.
What is your biggest fear? That I wouldn’t meet one. Of course, as I got to know Lucas better all that changed. My dream changed.
How do you relax? I like to read and I really enjoy walking, horse riding and swimming.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? I suppose I’d have to say Cinderella. She started from a poor background and won her prince.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Never give up on your dreams.
Excellent idea. Thanks, Jenna. Now it's Jean's turn at bat. What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? I can’t think of one in particular. I love the movies and I love reading romance. I suppose they’ve all had an effect on me one way or another.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? There is a turning point where Jenna and Lucas are on a small boat in a brief, but violent, wind and she knows she had made the right decision about what she really wants from life. The same thing happened to me, and my then, fiancé.
That is so cool! Good for you for using that particular event. Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I sent it to The Wild Rose Press who, I had heard, have great editors. And they do.
It is always so great to hear an author say something positive about their publisher and the editors who helped her/him with their book. Thanks. What project[s] are you working on now? I’m working on a reunion romance about an older couple who find each other again after more than fifty years. It was an idea that came to me one night as I was falling asleep and I knew it was telling me it had to be written. I got out of bed and made notes. You know how ideas can quickly escape.
Absolutely. What's up next for you? I’ve been working on a trilogy set in ancient Egypt for years. I think it might be time to dust it off and get it finished.
Thanks so much for spending time with us, Jean and thanks for bringing Jenna.
Kat and Veronica
To purchase No Other Love, go to:







12 comments:

  1. NO OTHER LOVE sounds compelling--air travel, an aristocratic lover, a stormy boat ride...all perfect for romance. Best of luck with all your ventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. It was a story close to my heart.

      Delete
  2. I love these character interviews. It's nice to hear about their motivations and plans! Good luck with No Other Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susabelle. I loved it because it's set partly oin Greece, too. I love Greece.
      \

      Delete
  3. Greece, and an upcoming trilogy set in ancient Egypt! Love it! I worked in the airline industry for a time. Now my son works for same airline with exact same job title. We didn't plan it that way, just worked out. His big goal is to visit all the major league baseball parks here in the States. I love that you had such specific goals and set out to fulfill them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hebby, I, too, worked in the airline industry for years. Sorry I left. There's nothing like it, is there? It gets into your blood. hope your son gets his goals.

      Delete
  4. No other Love sounds like a very cute book. Wishing you good luck and great sales, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra,
      Thank you for your good wishes. It was a book I really wanted to write.

      Delete
  5. Wishing you the best with this book. Hope you get the Egypt trilogy done as that sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angelina,
      Thank for your good wishes. I'm working on the trilogy now.

      Delete
  6. Your story sounds passionate and delightful. I also loved getting to hear about you, the author, and also hearing from your heroine. What a great format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison,
      Many thanks. It was a story I really wanted to write. I agree, the blog is a great format.
      Take care

      Delete