Monday, July 13, 2015

A little Winter Madness

     Sienna has survived what most succumb to - the death of a spouse and child and has maintained her faith despite her troubles. 
     William has never met anyone who actually lived out what they say they believe.
     Is it true love between the faithful optimist and broody pessimist or simply winter madness?
Not only do we love the title of this intriguing short story but also the story line. . . 
This week, Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome Pamela S. Thibodeaux who brings William, from Winter Madness a romantic short story release out of the Pelican Book Group. Since broody pessimists are right up our alley, we'll begin with William.
What did you think the first time you saw Sienna? That I’d seen a ghost. You see, we went to high school together. Were madly in love at that time. At least Sienna was with me. I had other things on my mind, thought we were too young, yada, yada, yada. So after graduation we went our separate ways. Sienna married and had a child. Tragically both her husband and daughter were killed in an auto accident. So when I started chatting online with a woman bearing her name I wasn’t sure it was she. Until we met up on that cold, winter day.
What was your second thought? That she was absolutely beautiful, radiant, and she looked as though she’d been waiting for me her whole life.
Now that's a description we will not ignore. Did you think it was love at first sight? I tend to not believe in those fairytale type analogies. We loved each other once and although I’d dated off and on since we parted ways, I never found anyone who affected me like Sienna. Our history makes ‘love at first sight’ impossible but…if you count ‘first sight in a long time’ then yeah….maybe…
Nice one, William. What do you like most about Sienna?
What’s not to like? The woman is beautiful with golden blonde hair and hazel eyes. She’s smart and tough and her faith is not just something she talks about but lives.
How would she describe you? She called me a broody pessimist and I guess she’s right. As far as physical description I have dark brown hair and blue eyes, medium build (about 5’ 8”).
What made you choose being stock broker as a career? I love the excitement of it, though most of the time the stress far outweighs that. The money is great, too.
What is your biggest fear? Fear of the unknown and that I’ll never find someone who can deal with my personality quirks and idiosyncrasies.
How do you relax? Honestly, until that day with Sienna, our first meeting after all the years of separation, I didn’t relax. Life was all about rushing to that next goal and through the next hurdle.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Alex Keaton from [the TV show] Family Ties. I swear that boy and I share the same genes!
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? To loosen up a bit and have fun. Sienna told me that the day we got together and has made sure I make a point to do so regularly, which is such a gift and a blessing and total opposite of the life I lived up until we met again.
Thanks, William. We'd like to chat with our pal Pamela for a bit.
What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? I am an avid reader since early childhood and a hopeless romantic all of my life so suffice to say many, many books have impacted my life. Nora Roberts is my all-time-favorite author in secular romance while Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury and a whole bunch of Pelican Book Group authors impact my writing!
Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them? How long did it take from query to release? Winter Madness was originally published by The Wild Rose Press under their White Rose imprint. I found out about TWRP back in 2008 when I submitted my novel, The Inheritance to them. This line eventually became White Rose Publishing then evolved into an imprint of Pelican Book Group. Winter Madness is still available through PBG. Back then it only took about 3-6 months from query to publication but as with any publisher, the growth of the business means somewhat slower production time. Which is still OK since major houses take up to 2 years to produce a book!
What book are you currently reading? One Touch by Melanie Purifoy.
What is it about this book that touches you? It's a really good book and I'd like to give it a little plug. Here's where you can find it:
http://amzn.to/FRrFxkZ

What's up next for you? As usual I have numerous WIP’s so [I'm] not sure yet what is coming next. I recently published an E-bundle of my Tempered series that includes all 4 full length novels, plus the spin off short story titled Lori’s Redemption. It is available at Smashwords and is on sale too for 50% off during July. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/1SzkRoi.
Thanks, Pam. As always it's a treat to talk with your characters.
Kat and Veronica
To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories she creates go to:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib
To purchase Winter Madness, go to:
Amazon for Kindle http://amzn.to/1uRSVCQ
Pelican Book Group http://pelink.us/15NWhrY



17 comments:

  1. I am impressed by the volume and theme-rich content of your work. Best wishes for success in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I hope readers enjoy the books as much as I enjoy writing.

      Delete
  2. I do like William. Winter Madness sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out really sweet Maris...Thanks!

      Delete
  3. William sounds like a keeper! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Kara...he turned out to be :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic interviews with both Williams and Pam. Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love character interviews. It gives you some insight into their motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Pam,

    A very creative interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I love the way you make your characters sizzle, yet are so relatable. Good work. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like another winner! I love the setup! The whole opposites attract thing. If my husband and I are any proof, the saying is true!

    ReplyDelete