Sunday, September 13, 2015

Welcome Long Time Pal, Rachel Brimble

This week, Wild Women Authors is very pleased to have long time pal and fellow author from the Class of '85 series, Rachel Brimble, with us. Rach has brought along Tanya Todd from Her Hometown Redemption, Rachel's latest release out of Harlequin. We'll begin with Tanya.
Where are you from? Originally Templeton Cove, England but moved to the city for a while.
Tell us a bit about Her Hometown Redemption. This is the story about my return to Templeton Cove – when I left I was pretty single-minded in my personal and professional life. I had a lot of making up to do with many people who live there…especially the man whose heart I broke when I left town without explanation.
What did you think the first time you saw Liam Browne? After eight years apart, my first thought was how well he looked…that he was more handsome than I remembered.
And your second thought? How would I ever get him to forgive me and at least like me again, if nothing else.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? I think I’ve always loved Liam…it just took me a long time to learn how much and just how unique a man he is.
What do you like most about him? He’s strength, fortitude and sense of right and wrong. He went through a lot of bad stuff growing up, but turned his life around and now works as a criminal lawyer intent on justice.
How would you describe him? Handsome, wise, fair and strong
Okay, how would Liam describe you? Oh dear…most likely, bloody-minded, determined and, hopefully, sexy.
What made you choose party planning as a career? I worked in a bank in Templeton Cove before moving to the city to really make my mark career-wise. My ambition drove me to the point of no return until I was forced to stop and take a look at what really matters. It was that realization that brought me home to the Cove. Party planning means I get to do all the organizing I love, but also enjoy myself and make people happy, too.
What is your biggest fear? Of repeating the mistakes I’ve made in the past – of hurting someone who deserves nothing but respect and love.
How do you relax, Tanya? A good book, a glass of wine and a view of Templeton’s gorgeous vista ahead of me.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Ooh, good question! I love Scarlet O’Hara from Gone With The Wind – she made mistakes, too, but never gave up on a better future.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? It was given to me by Templeton’s oracle, Marian Cohen: “Take off the mask and let us see the ugly. We won’t run away, I promise.” It’s a lesson to trust in the integrity of others – one, I found hard to learn.
Thanks, Tanya. Now let's talk to Rachel. What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? The first Nora Roberts book I read, Sea Swept, had a huge impact on me. I immediately recognized the type of book I wanted to write. Until I found this book, I wrote anything and everything and just couldn’t find my niche. This book encapsulated my imaginings and I haven’t looked back since.
Right on, Rach. Sea Swept was/is a beauty of a book. What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Many of my books revolve around the issue of trust – I have been let down and hurt in the past…but also made some dire mistakes of my own. I found writing this book cleansed me of a lot of guilt and gave me permission to let the past go.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? Harlequin is world renowned and it has been a goal of mine to write for them for many years – writing a series an even bigger dream. When I wrote the first book in the Templeton Cove series, Finding Justice, I prayed it would become a series and, luckily, so did the editor who bought it!
What project[s] are you working on now? I have just started on the first draft of the next Templeton Cove story, which will be book six in the series. All the stories can be read stand-alone and with this story I introduce two brand new characters to my now beloved UK seaside town of Templeton Cove.
What's up next for you? My next release is out in March 2016 and is my fourth Victorian romance with eKensington/Lyrical Press. In Her One True Love, the heroine, Jane Danes leaves her home village to seek a new life in Bath, England after spending too many years waiting for the man she loves to return her feelings. What she doesn’t expect is for Matthew Cleaves to follow her there…

Here is the blurb & buy links for Rachel’s latest release, Her Hometown Redemption…
She's back to right her wrongs. 
     When Tanya Todd returns to Templeton Cove, she knows better than to expect a warm welcome. She burned a few bridges on her way out of town, and making amends won't be easy. First on her list is the man whose heart she carelessly shattered, Liam Browne. 
     Seeing the successful criminal lawyer after all these years, Tanya is interested in more than just Liam's forgiveness. As they work together to bring the man who hurt her sister to justice, the attraction between them sizzles. Suddenly Tanya's second chance could include a future with Liam…if she can prove she's changed.


Our guest's bio:
Rachel [Brimble] lives with her husband and two teenage daughters in a small town near Bath in the UK. After having several novels published by small US presses, she secured agent representation in 2011. Since 2013, she has had five books published by Harlequin Superromance (Templeton Cove Stories) and three Victorian romances by eKensington/Lyrical.

Rachel is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association and Romance Writers of America, and was selected to mentor the Superromance finalist of So You Think You Can Write 2014 contest. When she isn’t writing, you’ll find Rachel with her head in a book or walking the beautiful English countryside with her family. Her dream place to live is Bourton-on-the-Water in South West England.

She likes nothing more than connecting and chatting with her readers and fellow romance writers. Rachel would love to hear from you!

Links:



9 comments:

  1. Hi everyone! It's great to be here and I'm looking forward to lots of chat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Templeton Cove setting and series sound so romantic--as does Lian Browne in Her Hometown Redemption. Best wishes for continued success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan! I love writing these books - the Cove is like a real place to me now :)

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you Rachel! Many congratulations on your success with Harlequin. Would you say that finding an agent was what helped secure your contracts with Harlequin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not sure - I think having an agent helps to get the manuscript read quicker but I do have a lot of friends who write for Harlequin unagented so I know it's possible either way. Are you interested in writing for one of their lines?

      Delete
    2. Possibly. Harlequin has a lot of clout, so I certainly wouldn't say no! Mainly, I want to take my writing career to the next level and I'm wondering if I need an agent for that.

      Delete
    3. It's so hard to give a definitive answer, Jana - good luck whichever way you decide to go!

      Delete
  4. Rachel, it was so nice meeting you and I enjoyed your blog. It sounds if you're on a roll with Harlequin and congrats.. HER HOMETOWN REDEMPTION sounds wonderful and I've added to my list to read--lloking forward to meeting Liam--oh yum! I write Hist. Rom, mostly western US, but love reading Regency and Victorians, so this is right up my alley. Wishing you much success in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! Thank you for your good wishes - I love writing my Victorian books too. Might even try Georgian next ;)

      Delete