Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Unique Grade School Teacher

This week, Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome Pamela S. Thibodeaux and Carson Alexander from In His Sight a romance, released by the Pelican Book Group. Welcome back Pamela.
First, a bit about In His Sight:
Grade school teacher Carson Alexander has a gift—a gift that has driven a wedge between him and his family. Worse, it’s put him at odds with God. Feeling alone and misunderstood, Carson views God’s gift of prophecy as the worst kind of curse…that is until he meets Lorelei Conner, landscape artist extraordinaire, and perhaps the one person who may need Carson and his gift more than anyone ever has.  
Lorelei Connor is a mother on the run. Her abusive ex-husband has followed her all over the country, trying to steal their daughter. Distrusting of men and needing to keep on the move, she’s surprised by her desire to remain close to Carson Alexander. Through her fear and hesitation, she must learn to rely on God to guide her—not an easy task when He’s prompting her to trust a man.
Can their relationship withstand the tragedy lurking on the horizon?
Carson, what did you think the first time you saw Lorelei Connor?
After the indignation over her attitude toward me, I thought she was exactly the woman I’d been looking for all my life.
Good one. And your second thought? That she was incredibly beautiful.
Did you think it was love at first sight? Maybe…for me anyway. Lorelei had to learn to trust me before she could admit to any real feelings between us though.
What do you like most about her? Her unwavering love and devotion to her daughter Laurel, who is in my sixth grade English class and who happens to sort of be my niece.
How would you describe her? Raven hair, crystal-green eyes like her daughter’s, finely-chiseled features, ivory skin, with a mixture of fire and ice in her veins.
How would Lorelei describe you? I’m an average sort of guy with light brown (she calls it caramel colored) hair and hazel eyes. I’m an avid cyclist so pretty much stay in shape.
What made you choose teaching for a profession? I just love children. Watching them grow and helping them learn is a big thrill for me.
What is your biggest fear, Carson? That I’ll never be truly accepted for who I am or what I know. You see, I have psychic abilities and although I always use them for the Lord, people tend to think I’m a hoax, make fun or shy away when I tell them something. I tried to shut down and deny this ability after my parents died but it all came rushing back the minute I saw Laurel coming to class the first day of school. Now I only hope Lorelei doesn’t freak out or bolt, because I may be the only one to save her and Laurel from the danger fast approaching.
How do you relax? Riding my bike is the best form of relaxation I know.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Patrick Jane of the TV series, The Mentalist. He is just so clever at the way he uses his abilities.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My sister told me I should stop rejecting my gift as a curse. God has a reason for blessing me with these premonitions, these prophesies…whatever they are. And to stop fighting Him and let Him show you what to do, and how to use them for His glory and my/others’ good.
What an interesting characters! Let's talk with his creator, Pam Thibodeaux. What movies or books have had an impact on your writing? I am an avid reader since early childhood and a hopeless romantic all of my life so suffice it to say many, many books have impacted my life. Nora Roberts is my all-time-favorite author in secular romance while Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury and a whole bunch of Pelican Book Group authors impact my writing!
Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them? What influenced your decision to submit to them. Tell us a bit about the submission process. How long did it take from query to release?
In His Sight was the first book I completed for Pelican Book Group/White Rose Publishing after my husband’s death in 2009. I had started the story as a contest entry but was unable to finish it due to his illness and death. I had this feeling that if I did not complete that story I may never write again. So I did in early 2010 and it was published later that year.
What book are you currently reading? I recently finished The Horse of My Heart anthology compiled/edited by Callie Smith Grant.
What's up next for you? I am working on a novel which I hope to complete soon and learning/attempting to write screenplays from my books.
Thanks for bringing another multi-layered character to Wild Women, Pam We really enjoyed Carson.

To learn more about Pamela S Thibodeaux and the stories she creates, go to:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib

To purchase In His Sight, go to:
Pelican Book Group http://pelink.us/18aucLC

13 comments:

  1. A career educator myself, I am always interested in novels that include teaching/teachers and lessons. In His Sight sounds compelling and a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Carson is a really special teacher!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hosting me and Carson today!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the premise of this story. And, enjoyed the interviews. Very interesting people with a lot to deal with. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Alicia, this was my first romantic suspense.... I didn't even INTEND for it to be a suspense LOL...just happened that way but it was fun to write.

      Delete
  4. This sounds intriguing and inspiring! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the interview, Pam. Thanks for all your courage: finishing the book and keeping your writing career on track. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Sometimes we just know what we have to do, right, and this was one of those times.

      Delete
  6. Call me old-fashioned but I just love the whole guy coming to the rescue sort of thing. Of course, the girl needs to be intelligent and capable, but it always gets me when it is only the two combination of the two of them together that can defeat the bad guy. This sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...me too MJ...we all need a hero to rescue us even if only from ourselves LOL! Thanks for stopping by. PamT

      Delete
  7. What a terrific response to this wonderful book and most talented author. Thanks to all!
    Veronica and Kat

    ReplyDelete