Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Don't Forget . . .

What if your memories hadn’t been made yet?


The car accident totaled Sabrina Post’s convertible and reinvented her memories. She can't recall dumping Cole Dawson ten years ago. What her new clairvoyant visions tell Sabrina is he’s her husband. Any practical girl would question her sanity. But if Sabrina wants to make this imaginary future a reality, she'll have to regain Cole’s trust and eliminate her rival, the coffee shop waitress who’s pegged Cole as husband #4.
To prove she’s foreseen their destiny, Sabrina stirs Cole’s interest by revealing specifics about him she couldn’t have otherwise known. Unfortunately, the one detail he vividly remembers is the pain when she left him and their "rinky-dink" town in her rear view mirror.
If Cole can't believe she's a changed woman, can Sabrina accept the only second chance she has at love exists in her memories?


This story speaks to every woman who refused 'to settle'. Therefore, we are pleased to feature author Maureen Bonatch and Sabrina Post from Forget Me Not, Maureen's addition to the Candy Hearts series out of the Wild Rose Press. As usual, we'll start with Rena.
Where are you from? I grew up in a small rural town in Pennsylvania.
Tell us a bit about Forget Me Not. I had a great job in New York City. It was everything I’d always wanted…or so I thought. After one too many long shifts at the hospital, I fell asleep driving. When I woke up, everything changed. The things I remembered about my life, about my husband, weren’t real. I thought I was going crazy.
What did you think the first time you saw Cole? That’s the man starring in my memories. He’s my husband!

Sounds good so far. What was your second thought? Um, no it’s not [because] we broke up

ten years ago.

Did you feel it was love at first sight between you and Cole? For me it was, but that’s because all of the memories of the years we’d shared came rushing into my mind. Although apparently these memories aren’t even real, they never happened.
Quite creepy. What do you like most about Cole? His charm and charisma, you just can’t help liking Cole.
How would you describe him? Like a tall, cool drink of water…oh, sorry. I digressed into my memories. Cole would stand out no matter where he was or what he was wearing because his personality shines through. Although he’d be hard to miss with his dark hair, muscular physique and emerald eyes that make him unforgettable. Plus his picture is everywhere in town declaring him as a hometown hero.
How would he describe you? Shoulder length black hair, green eyes, curvy…maybe a little too curvy for my liking…and right now, sporting a nice shiner from the accident.
What made you choose nursing as a career? I enjoy helping people, and I knew nursing would be a career I could get a job almost anywhere and start making money. It was my ticket out of this small town.
We can relate to that one. What is your biggest fear? Right now that would be my fear that I couldn’t win back Cole’s heart and make my memories a reality.
How do you relax? I don’t, at least not until I came home and had no choice but to sit around and wait for my body to heal. Reading is my favorite way to relax.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? I honestly don’t think I could name one. With my Mom working at the library we’ve always had an abundance of books and my favorite one usually depended upon what I was reading and what was going on in my life at the time.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Sometimes you have to follow your heart if you truly want happiness.
This has been super, Rena, for you and I/We share the same past along with the reasons for getting out of a going no-where existence in Podunkville, PA. Now, it's time to talk with Maureen.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? This question is hard to answer because I’ve read so many wonderful authors over the years and I have a plethora of writing references I love. If I had to choose one it would be Stephen King’s On Writing. He is one of my favorite authors and his story is very inspiring. I’m not sure which movie had the most impact on me as a writer. I do find that while I’m watching them I’m dissecting them with a writer’s eye.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I work in nursing and can relate to the long shifts and demands of the job and my memory for people and names is terrible.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? This will be my fourth book with The Wild Rose Press. I found them when I was researching places to submit to and heard such good things about them. It’s wonderful working with them.
What project[s] are you working on now? I’m working on several books right now. I’m polishing the next two books for The Enchantlings Series and have been finishing two other stories.
What's up next? I’m hoping to have several of these books out by the end of the year.


To learn more about Maureen and the stories she creates, go to:
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Maureen-L.-Bonatch/e/B00KHY1KK8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbonatch
Website: http://www.maureenbonatch.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/maureenlbonatch


To purchase Forget Me Not, go to:
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Forget-Not-Candy-Hearts-Romance-ebook/dp/B018L3GFAG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1448985548&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=forget+me+not+maureen+l+bonatc
The Wild Rose Press:
http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195&products_id=6581
Barnes and Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/forget-me-not-maureen-l-bonatch/1123082907?ean=2940157816650









12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview...love the premise. Sounds like a fabulous read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing because Alicia said exactly what I was going to say--great premise. Love it! Another for the TBR
    Andrea andidowning @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. don't you hate it when someone beats you to the punch? We're so glad you stopped by, Andrea. Veronica

      Delete
  4. This is definitely in the TBR pile. Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agree completely, Diane. This is one cool read!
      Veronica

      Delete
  5. Great interview. Hope you have great sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Katherine--and for leaving a comment. Veronica

      Delete
  6. Great interview Maureen! Love the idea! Best wishes for many sales!!!

    ReplyDelete