Friday, January 29, 2016

It's The First One That'll Get You

        The last place Lorena Weber wants to be on Valentine's Day is a singles party thrown by her newlywed best friend. But how can she say no? She'll give it an hour—two, tops—and then she's heading back to her normal life. But she didn't plan on seeing the one man who had turned her world on its side New Year's Eve with one kiss that opened doors she had firmly locked.
        Caleb Manning got coerced into attending this ridiculous party by a co-worker. He'll stay for an hour at most and then he'll head home. That was the plan until he recognized Lorena across the room and had to see if that kiss was only New Year's Eve magic or something more.

Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome Candy Hearts Misty Simon, author of One Kiss, and lead female character, Lorena. First up is Lorena.
Where are you from? Central Pennsylvania.
Tell us a bit about One Kiss. It’s the story of getting over things in your past to get on with the future.
What did you think the first time you saw Caleb? That he was super tall! 
What was your second thought? That he looked alone.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? If I could have seen his face, maybe, but since we were both bundled up in scarves, I can’t say for certain.
What do you like most about him? He’s gentle and kind and makes me feel like I’m beautiful.
How would you describe Caleb? Really tall, really nice, and extremely dependable.
How would he describe you? A little bit flighty, a little bit silly and hopefully the love of his life.
What made you choose waitressing as a career? Honestly, it pays well to work at the most exclusive restaurant in town and I’m good at what I do. Plus it allows me to work with at-risk teens as a volunteer teaching art.
What is your biggest fear? Being left again.
How do you relax? Painting
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? I love Wesley in the Princess Bride because he was dashing but hardy.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Go for it!
This has been great, Lorena, thanks. Now it's Misty's turn at bat.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? I love romantic comedies. I have always enjoyed watching people stumble through to the love they deserve.
Stumbling through to love—terrific description. What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? In my real life I married the one that almost got away and I feel it impacted the novel in that these two were not going to make the mistake of waiting.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I love The Wild Rose Press and have been publishing with them for almost ten years now. They have a solid plan, great covers and amazing editors. They also are friendly, open and communication has never been an issue.
What project[s] are you working on now? I have three novellas I’m working on to round out my Kissinger Kisses Contemporary Romance Series.
What's up next for you? The next book in my Ivy Morris Mystery Series, For Love and Cheesecake.

To learn more about our guest and the stories she creates, go to:


Our review of One Kiss:
        Thoroughly relatable lead characters who find themselves in a thoroughly relatable quandary: being unable to say 'thanks but no thanks' to the town matchmaker. Caleb is a man who should give lessons in how to really kiss a woman, then finding them lined up at the door, cash in hand. Lorena is intriguing and winsome at the same time, these two hooked me by page 3. Cleverly written, One Kiss had me laughing out loud by page 7. Do not miss this one. It's a winner!




12 comments:

  1. Great interview, and nice review! I also really enjoyed this story and agree it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting us, Katie.
      This is a fun story--and a great kisser
      Veronica

      Delete
  2. Great interview....character and author LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam
      these interviews get better and better with each new book. Thanks for stopping.
      Veronica

      Delete
  3. Fun interviews! Best wishes on your release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diane
      thanks for visiting today. You are one of our faithful!
      Veronica

      Delete
  4. I love what you did with your candy heart, ONE KISS = one incredible kiss on New Years followed by a chance run in. Perfect! I don't know if I'll be able to look at a box of candy hearts again without thinking about all the plots of these wonderful romances! Can you share how you ended up with your heart? Did people choose a certain heart, answer a submission call, or were you asked specifically if you could come up with a story for this one? I think whoever came up with the idea, it's brilliant! Thanks for sharing ONE KISS with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MJ,
      I don't know how all the authors ended up with their titles. I'm sure some might have had theirs already picked out. I know For Keeps was assigned to me, but that was a good thing because it was a perfect fit with the previously written novella that featured Kee and Meg.
      thanks for asking.
      Veronica

      Delete
  5. Cute interview. Best wishes for lots of sales for One Kiss. I agree that I will never look at a bag of Candy Hearts without thinking of all the fun flirty stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tena
      thanks for stopping by and showing support for our CH authors.
      Best wishes,
      Veronica

      Delete
  6. Great review and intriguing interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda
      Thanks for visiting Wild Women Authors. These are fun interviews to create but it's the characters who make them so intriguing.
      Best wishes
      Veronica

      Delete