Thursday, January 7, 2016

Try a Sweet Kiss

Can one sweet kiss revive an old love?

     Hard-working Kate Clark opens a thriving coffee shop that quickly becomes the local hang-out for students and the community. Her one wish is to eventually buy out her sister’s share of the old Florida home they inherited. However, Violet is in desperate need of cash and has other plans.
     Tappe Vanderberg, Kate’s childhood friend and high school sweetheart, has sold his lucrative internet security business to return to Little Heron Shores and fulfill his dreams of owning a marina. Now the handsome Dutch-born businessman is making waves with single women all over town—including loony, post mistress Eva May Poole who’s in search of husband number three.
     But it’s Kate Clark who’s wreaking havoc with Tappe’s heart, not Eva May. Can he find a way to shake the dingbat post mistress and convince Kate to give him a second chance and the sweet kiss he remembers from an earlier time?

For the next few days author Judy Ann Davis will be visiting Wild Women Authors, celebrating the release of “Sweet Kiss”, part of the Candy Hearts series out of Wild Rose Press. She's brought Kate Clark, pastry artist, along for the ride. We'll begin with Kate.
Where are you from? I’m from Little Heron Shores in Florida. It’s a small (fictitious) Florida town that’s similar to New Smyrna Beach on the West Coast.
Tell us a bit about “Sweet Kiss.” It's the story of childhood friends and high school sweethearts reuniting after ten years in their hometown of Little Heron Shores. I co-own a lucrative coffee shop with my best friend, Melanie Houston. Hunky Tappe Vanderberg has recently returned to town and purchased a local marina called Vanderberg’s Marina—Where Everything Lands!
What did you think the first time you saw Tappe? He has sharp and cynical hazel eyes that can darken like the intra-coastal back waters at sunset. He and I were inseparable playmates since he was four years old and his family moved here from the Netherlands. We had a tree house we shared as kids. Later, as high school sweethearts, we shared some sweet kisses before we went to college. 
What was your second thought? How can anyone be so positive, calm, and collected all the time? When we dated, he had the tendency to keep me focused when I became emotionally adrift or overwhelmed with life.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? It was love since first grade!
Good one. What do you like most about him? Tappe has a dry sense of humor. He loves to help people and solve problems.
How would you describe him? Tappe is tall with light hair and hazel eyes. He has a quick, ready smile for everyone.
How would Tappe describe you? As a creative, energetic workaholic—with caramel-colored eyes and a messy blonde ponytail.
What made you choose owning a coffee shop for a career? Actually, I have a business degree and worked as a marketing executive for a large, lucrative computer company until my Aunt Fay was diagnosed with a terminal illness. When I returned to Florida from Texas to take care of her, I realized I wanted to own a small business.
What is your biggest fear, Kate? That my sister, who inherited half of my aunt’s estate and who desperately needs money, will force me to sell the house, the only place we’ve ever called home.
How do you relax? Relax? What does that mean? I have a business to run.
Hah. Another good one. Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Supergirl. She seems to be able to get everything done. . .and she can fly.
You are full of winners today. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? “Never let anyone steal your joy.”
Aww. This has been fun—as fun as reading about you and Tappe. We'd like to talk to Judy Ann right now. What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? I was a voracious reader all my life. Some of my favorite books are: the Nancy Drew series, Little House on the Prairie series, all the romance novels of Lavyrle Spencer, westerns of Louis L’Amour, and mysteries of Louise Penny to name a few.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I’ve spent a lot of time at the seashore, so placing the setting in a small Florida town was easy.
Tell us a bit about your publisher. I’ve worked with several publishers, but The Wild Rose Press impressed me with their talented editors, expertise, help with marketing, and friendly staff. We have a group of authors who stay connected via internet chat groups.
What project[s] are you working on now? I’m working on a contemporary novel with just a touch of a paranormal about a Dallas lawyer who returns to a small town in Pennsylvania and falls for the younger sister of his best friend. The younger sister and heroine works in a landscape center designing floral arrangements. She agrees to help him solve an old family mystery and find a half-sister he has never met.
What's up next for you? I hope to finish the last chapter of the novel (which I’ve tried to do for the last six months) so I can start intense editing, which is my favorite part of writing. I know every author out there will groan, “Ugh,” but when I don’t have the entire story completed, I feel a bit driven and stressed until I do. I also would like to write a Christmas story for next year.
Thanks for spending time with us, Judy, and helping boost Candy Hearts promotions.

To purchase Sweet Kiss, go to:
Amazon:
The Wild Rose Press:

To learn more about Judy Ann Davis and the stories she creates, go to:
Amazon:








18 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring "Sweet Kiss" and me on your blog. The Candy Hearts Romance series was an industrious endeavor by a large group of authors and The Wild Rose Press. But what fun now that the series has begun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Judy. You wrote a darling story; it's been a pleasure to host you.
      Veronica

      Delete
  2. Great interview - loved this sweet story and will be posting my review tomorrow. Best of luck with this new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Katie and offering support.
      Veronica

      Delete
  3. Fun interview. Enjoyed the story as well. Best of luck (to us all) with sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by, Nancy. This was a fun story to read and author to host.
      Veronica

      Delete
  4. The characters sound very real and engaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda
      thanks for the support and for stopping by.
      Best,
      Veronica

      Delete
  5. Kate reminds me of ... me LOL!
    Great interview.
    Good luck and God's blessings.
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun post and the book sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, I hope you get your HEA and don't have to sell your family home. As for Judy Ann, with all those westerns you've been reading, I'll hope you join me in writing a western historical romance one day. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview! Congrats on your review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks to all who have visited so far. The response to Judy and the candy hearts series in general has been super.
    Veronica and Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interviews! This story sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Kiss sounds divine1 I love small-town girl-boy stories and this one fits the bill Good luck with this and all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Diane, Jana and Susan
    thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving a comment. Your support is much appreciated.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the concept behind these candy hearts stories! A story for each phrase in a box of candy hearts. It sounds like you did a fantastic job of turning two little words, SWEET KISS, into a fun romance!

    ReplyDelete