Monday, January 18, 2016

Which Admirer Will She Pick?

     Andi’s new to town and looking for a fresh start in the dating department. She’s attracted to the guy she sees each morning, but begins flirting via text with Garrett, a friend of her new co-workers. Despite many attempts and determination, she misses opportunities to introduce herself to Cute Coffee Shop Guy or actually meet Garrett in person.
     With Valentine’s Day approaching she succumbs to the sugar rush of Candy Hearts and when ‘Secret Admirer’ continues to appear in the messages, she takes it as a sign to decide which guy is her real Secret Admirer.
This week, Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome Andi and Ally Hayes from her recently released Secret Admirer, part of the Candy Hearts series out of the Wild Rose Press. First up is Andi.
Where are you from? Providence, Rhode Island.
Tell us a bit about Secret Admirer. It tells the story of how I routinely bumped into this guy at a coffee shop, so I referred to him as Cute Coffee Shop Guy, but never made our introductions. We just innocently flirted each morning. At the same time I'd began texting with a friend of my new co-workers. Garrett and I made a connection, but I’d never seen him. With Coffee Shop Guy I knew I was attracted to him, but didn’t even know his name. I had to decide which guy was my secret admirer to pursue. Then things got a little complicated.
What did you think the first time you saw Connor, the Coffee Shop Guy? I was taken by surprise at seeing him as I headed out to my first day at a new job and was flustered when I realized this cute guy was talking to me, a stranger. 
Nice meeting. What was your second thought? I hoped he came here every day!
Did you feel it was love at first sight? Well, attraction for sure.
What do you like most about Connor? His upbeat, cheery manner at such an early hour. He whistled.
How would you describe this . . . cheerful whistler? He’s a hipster, techie kind of guy. Casual, but hiding his genius. Sweet and just nerdy enough.
Who whistles. Early in the morning. Okay, enough of our personal biases.
How would Connor describe you? He thinks I’m cute and confident, maybe a bit dorky.
What made you choose accounting for a career? I love the certainty of numbers. I like knowing when I get the right answer.
Interesting answer. What is your biggest fear? Making a mistake.
How do you relax? I’d love to say something deep like yoga or meditation, but I really love coming home from work to my plush couch and my DVR. I’m hooked on reality competition shows, especially the dancing and cooking types.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Harry Potter. I admire the way he tackled adversity and embraced adventure.
Excellent. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Don’t settle.
Our kind of woman. Thanks, Andi. It's been a pure pleasure having you visit us. Now for Miz Ally. What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? Little House on the Prairie got me hooked on reading, and when I discovered Laura Ingalls Wilder actually wrote the stories I was inspired to write, too.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Moving to a new city and the fun, flirty rush of a crush.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I pitched a novel to the Wild Rose Press years ago and though they didn’t accept it, they encouraged me with positive suggestions. I wrote a novella a year later and thought of them first to pitch as they had been kind in the past. They accepted it and the editors were so helpful throughout the whole process. This novella is a result of a call for submissions by The Wild Rose Press and I’m so appreciative for the opportunity given to me as one of their authors.
What project[s] are you working on now? A New Adult story that takes place on the day the main character’s ex is getting married. I’m also trying to resuscitate an old contemporary romance I wrote years ago.
What's up next for you? More books, more fun!

To learn more about Ally Hayes and the stories she creates, go to:





10 comments:

  1. This story sounds like so much fun, Ally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly fun to write! Thanks, Susabelle.

      Delete
  2. I love your blurb! Especially the part about succumbing to the sugar rush and getting Secret Admirer so many times she took it as a sign. Classic!

    It has surprised me the number of times people have answered with Little House on the Prairie books being an influence on their writing. I wonder what Mrs. Wilder would think about that!

    Thanks for sharing and best wishes for SECRET ADMIRER! I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MJ. Yes, Mrs. Wilder left quite a legacy.

      Delete
  3. Great interview LOL!
    Sounds like a fun, interesting story.
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. I appreciate the good wishes.

      Delete
  4. What a cute character and a curious dilemma. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flirty romances and a secret admirer? Dynamite combo! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete