Monday, March 28, 2016

A Long Overdue Visitor

    For the next few days Wild Women Authors is pleased to have long-time friend and author Patti O'Manne as she celebrates her first ever published novel, Heiress: Lost Found, a romantic mystery out of Soul Mate Publishing. This has been a long time coming for Patti and we couldn't be more pleased for her. She's brought hero Will Warren, aka Billy Aers with her. As is our usual practice, we'll begin with Will.
Where are you from? A little town in southern NY called Copperglen. It’s close to the Pennsylvania border. If you drove down Interstate 15, you’d probably miss it if you weren’t looking; it’s that small.
Tell us a bit about Heiress: Lost Found: It’s a story of two children who grew up solid and honest despite the terrible first few years of their lives. Fate brings them together and together they solve a thirty year-old mystery.
What did you think the first time you saw Penny? She was as cute as that fairy, Tinkerbell. Her voice was light and her eyes were brightly lit with humor and chagrin. 
What was your second thought? I thought she was a bit flustered. Something about her triggered memories. It nagged at me so I was sure to follow up on it.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? It may have been, but since our pasts possibly crossed, it may have been the familiarity that pushed love sooner.
What do you like most about Penny? Her quiet strength and faith. Thankfully, that faith helped her through some hard times throughout her life. She’s also very protective of her family and friends.
How would you describe her? She might be small, but she packed a big personality. She exudes trust in everyone she meets. The students in her son’s kindergarten class look up to her and follow her instructions without comment.
How would she describe you? I think she’d say I’m honest and trustworthy. Protecting those I love comes before everything. She knows despite the background I come from, I am nothing like my family.
What made you choose law enforcement as a career? My family was killed in an unexplained explosion of our home. Nothing was done to investigate the cause and to verify the actual body count.
What is your biggest fear? Not being able to measure up to my own standards of honor to my family and friends. The nightmares of my past still rear their ugly head, but I refuse to let them win.
How do you relax? Would you believe I relax by spending time with my son, Dusty? He’s a whirling dervish, but his unending energy eases my stress.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Wesley from Princess Bride. He starts out silly in love, but his character evolves into many facets as you see him as the Dreaded Pirate Roberts.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Take one day at a time. Once I heard that, I’ve learned to stop forecasting my life and let it evolve on its own. By doing so, my life is better than my dreams could ever envision.

This has been terrific, Will. We're so glad you are finally between the pages of a book! Now, it's Patti's turn at bat.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? I’ve always loved to read. My favorites were the Hardy Boys, the Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, Ellery Queen and Agatha Christie. Mysteries always intrigue me. When I found Harlequin books, I was lost forever.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? There really wasn’t an event from my private life in this story. What I did bring to it was a combination of my sons’ behaviors when they were five years old. This contributed to a reader favorite, the little boy Dusty. And Lilac Falls is based on pieces of the village I live in.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? My publisher is Soul Mate Publishing. I met [owner] Debby [Gilbert] at one of my writing chapter meetings. When I finished Heiress, I submitted to two other publishing houses as well. Soul Mate was interested that I had a series projected.
What project[s] are you working on now? I’m working on Book Two of the Lilac Falls series, Bailey’s Pride.
What's up next for you? A few blog tours and possibly a small side job helping other authors with book teasers for social media are on the schedule.
This has been a great experience for me and Kat—seeing an old pal getting published with her first book and learning she's turning it into a series. Thanks, Patti and much luck.
Veronica and Kat
To contact Patti O'Manne, go to: pattiomanneauthor.com, www.facebook.com/patti+omanne+author
www.twitter.com/pattimann

To purchase Heiress: Lost Found go to: http://amzn.to/1Qd5uy1, soulmatepublishing.com.


13 comments:

  1. Very nice to meet you!
    Congratulations on your debut novel.
    Good luck and God's blessings.
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pam
      thanks so much for stopping by and offering kind words to Patti
      we both appreciate it
      Kat

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Patti! You show me how important is it to believe in ourselves and then . . . let it happen! I love what Will said about taking it a day at a time and having it turn out better than his dreams. :-) --kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kate
      when I read Will's words about taking it a day at a time I immediately thought of you.
      thanks for stopping by to offer kind thoughts to Patti
      kat

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Patti!!! So exciting! I enjoyed the interview...Will sounds like quite a hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ali
      thanks for the kind words and support to Patti and her character
      kat

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your debut novel. Sounds interesting and that was a great interview. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the interview, and your title alone makes me want to read it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The idea of his family dying under mysterious circumstances is intriguing! Best wishes for you and all of your writing endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The interview gave a great sense of the story's hero. Congratulations on your debut book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Patti! I have two sons and am having a few laughs remembering some of their antics at age 5. Sounds like a terrific story. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti, I can't tell you how tickled and pleased that you are experiencing your debut release. CONGRATS! Long time coming, but knew you could do it. Now it's a matter of keeping them coming. So very happy for you that we're in this together. Hope to see you return to LCRW in the future to chat and so I can give you a hug. Wishing you much success now and in the future. Very nice post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your debut release.

    ReplyDelete