Monday, May 2, 2016

Let's Go To Bath

She Can't Forget Him… 
     Jane Charlotte Danes has loved the squire of her idyllic country town for as long as she can remember. He is good, kind, and alluring beyond words… and he chose to marry another. Tired of dwelling on her futile longings, Jane plans a move to Bath, where she dreams of a new beginning. But the man who has so imprisoned her heart is only a few steps behind…
He Can't Let Her Go…
     Until now, Matthew Cleaves has endeavored to meet the responsibilities of his position with dignity and good spirits--including his dutiful marriage. But when his wife leaves him for another man, Matthew is at last free to pursue his one true love.            Only one vital question remains: will the captivating, stubborn, beautiful Jane allow him the challenge, and the pleasure, of winning her back?

For the next few days, Wild Women Authors is thrilled to welcome back a dear friend and writer pal from our Class of '85 days, Rachel Brimble, with her latest release, Her One True Love. She's brought Jane Charlotte Danes with her who will go first.
Where are you from, Jane? I was born in the small village of Biddestone, near Bath, England.
Tell us a bit about Her One True Love. It is a story of my journey to self-discovery and trying to forget about my one true love, Matthew Cleaves. I wanted to move away from the village and seek my destiny in Bath…but things never turn out as one expects.
What did you think the first time you saw Matthew? We were very young [when we first met] so at first I thought he would be a fun play mate. We grew up together with my sister and other village children having lots of fun and getting into trouble.
Nice way to begin any relationship. And your second thought? I will love this boy forever.
Aww. So for you it was love at first sight? Yes
What do you like most about Matthew? His loyalty and love of the village and his tenants. They always come first.
How would you describe this jewel of a guy? Kind, caring & hardworking.
Perfect. How would he describe you? Stubborn, determined, honest
Hah! Good one. What made you choose caring for underprivileged children as a career? I have always been very much a nurturer in the village and cared for my elderly and mentally ill mother for many years. When I discovered more about the boarding houses in Bath, I knew I’d found where my destiny lies.
Jane, what is your biggest fear? Of not being able to help more children live the lives they deserve – every child is deserving of a good, healthy and long life.
How do you relax? Reading or sitting in the sunshine surrounded by my loved ones.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Jane Eyre – she was a strong, kind and caring woman who rose from a terrible childhood to nurture and love the man of her heart.
She's one of our faves, too. And Rochester's no slouch. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Seek your destiny for it won’t seek you
This has been great—chatting with another of Rachel's well rounded and fun characters. It's always a treat. Now, it's time to talk to the creator.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? Nora Roberts’ and Jean Fullerton’s books have impacted enormously in showing me the type of books I want to write. For a long while I wrote what I felt I ought to write rather than what is genuinely in my heart. It doesn’t work. Your readers will sense your disconnection. Write freely and fully!
Absolutely. What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I can’t think of a single event, but there is a small piece of me in all my characters – young, old, male or female something of myself always seeps into the characters and/or dialogue.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I write Victorian romance for eKensington and mainstream romance and romantic suspense for Harlequin Superromance. I feel very blessed to write for two such well known romance publishers and it’s a dream come true that I continue to do so.
What project[s] are you working on now? I am about to start editor revisions on my next Harlequin novel. Saved By The Firefighter will be book 6 in my Templeton Cove series (all books can be read stand-alone). As well as that, I am writing the first book in what I hope will be an ongoing Edwardian romance series. Busy, busy!
We'll say so. What's up next for you? Saved By The Firefighter is slated for release in November 2016.
As we said before it's always a treat when Rachel visits us. We wish her enormous luck with this story and those to come.
Kat and Veronica

To purchase Her One True Love go to:





We know how much Rachel loves to hear from readers, so you can find her here:





21 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of British lit (and t.v., for that matter)! This romance sounds divine and exotic since I live in Southern U.S.A. Best wishes for continued success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! Great to see you here - hope you enjoy the book :)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Susan
      I'm with you about British literature--and Rachel has such a way with her characters that draw the reader in immediately. It's effortless.
      thanks for stopping
      V

      Delete
  2. This sounds like the best kind of story. I love it when the guy has to go after the girl! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara
      thanks for stopping by. As I said above, Rach has a way about her characters and how she twists them into something unexpected.
      Best
      Veronica

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed reading about your book and learning your characters. Sounds like a wonderful read. Best of luck with your book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tena
      thanks so much for stopping by. This looks like a really fun story. Hope all is well with you and yours
      Veronica

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed both character and author interviews!
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Pamela. This is a fun story, a super author and with visitors like you, we can't go wrong.
      Best,
      Veronica

      Delete
  5. How cool that you got to meet Nora! I love her, too, but don't read her much any more because I tend to head-hop after reading her books. This does sound like a lovely read. Best wishes for HER ONE TRUE LOVE (I love the sweeping staircase in the background!) and all of your writing endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree--that picture is worth more than a gazillion words. Rachel looks like she's about to bust out with a jig--or something similar. What a thrill that must have been. I couldn't resist posting it.
      thanks for stopping by
      V

      Delete
  6. I love British fiction too. It fascinates me that I can "hear" the accent in the speech patterns. This sounds like a great story. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah
      thanks so much for stopping by to offer support.
      It was great to hear from you.
      V

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed reading about your characters and your book. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diane
      thanks so much for stopping by. Rachel always creates fabulous, multi-layered characters. We appreciate the support.
      V

      Delete
  8. Wow! Thank you for all your lovely comments, ladies - that's the trouble with time differences, I don't get to speak to my readers live for the most part. Really appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the book cover and your interview(s)! Best wishes with your next release -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashantay - appreciate your support & encouragement :)

      Delete
  10. Enjoyed the post! I also love stories set in Britain. I love the dialect and the feel. :) Your series sounds amazing, who doesn't love a firefighter? I'm so thrilled for your success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, alicia! As my very first editor I'm so happy your encouragement gave me enough to continue pursuing my dream xx

      Delete
    2. I didn't realize the connection between the two of you--as I was once Rach's editor too!!
      back in the Class of '85 days that is.
      Great fun.
      thanks for stopping by Ali
      V

      Delete