Monday, May 9, 2016

Travel Through Time With Author Nancy Fraser

This week, Wild Women Authors is pleased to have author Nancy Fraser and Kate Brogan from Nancy's latest release, Time and Again, a futuristic time travel out of Wild Rose Press. First up is Kate.
Where are you from? I’m a New Yorker (Manhattan) born and raised
What did you think the first time you saw Matthew Kelly? I thought he was an arrogant ass, but a handsome one. 
Very nice. And your second thought? The I’d like to jump his bones
Did you feel it was love at first sight? No, more like wariness. Nobody this handsome could be this nice.
What do you like most about him? His good heart and gentle soul.
How would you describe Matthew? He’s fierce protector of those he cares about and those he feels are victims.
Aww. How would he describe you? Stubborn, determined, sometimes a bit reckless.
What made you choose becoming a new journalist for a career? Growing up, I always wanted to be Lois Lane and not because I’d get to kiss Superman, but because she always had great adventures and made a real difference in the world.
What is your biggest fear? Being aced out of a juicy scoop and losing that Pulitzer.
How do you relax? I don’t.
Right up our alley. Tell us about your favorite fictional character. Even though I’m a huge Superman/Lois Lane fan, I’d still have to say Sherlock Holmes. He was brilliant, and he had the best adventures.
Thanks, Kate. In closing, what is the best piece of advice you ever received? Stay true to yourself, despite outside pressure to change your ideals.
This has been great. Now it's Nancy's turn at bat.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? I love the old Doris Day/Rock Hudson romantic comedies. I write a lot of stories set in the “vintage” era of the 1950’s and 60’s, so these movies play a big part in my character interaction.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Given [that] Time and Again is a futuristic/time travel, I’ve had no experience in that area. However, I as a divorced woman, I can understand my heroine’s reluctance to risk her heart a second time around.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? My publisher, The Wild Rose Press, is celebrating their 10th anniversary this year. I am so happy for their success which has, in turn, fueled my own dreams and success. When they first opened up, a friend and some-time writing partner suggested we send our joint project to them. We were bought within two weeks and published within nine months of the opening. I’ve been with them, as an individual author, ever since. I continue to write for them because they are just a wonderful group of people.
What project[s] are you working on now? I’m actually writing my first erotic romance for The Wild Rose Press’ Scarlet line. I’ve done other erotic romances for Decadent Publishing, but this is my first for TWRP. The book, titled Kilty Pleasures, will be part of their ‘men who wear kilts’ series. I’m also working on another vintage novella due for Halloween release.
What's up next for you? In October, Soul Mate Publishing is releasing my Egyptian-themed time travel, Eye of the Pharaoh. This book is probably my most ambitious project in terms of research and historical accuracy. I began the book years ago, but it sat on a back burner in favor of other, easier, projects until last year when I happened upon a documentary on the opening of a pharaoh’s tomb. That spurred me on to finish what I’d started and now I can’t wait to share this story with my readers.
As you can see, Nancy Fraser is one busy and ambitious woman. To learn more about her books and herself, go to:

To purchase Time and Again, go to:






8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me on the blog today. I look forward to checking back later for comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview of your character Kate and yourself. Going to check out your book on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Tena!
    thanks so much for stopping by. As the first person to visit and comment, you win the clutch purse. More details later.
    congratulations
    Kat and Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI ... for all the visitors here on the blog. Time and Again is up on Net Galley for review. If anyone subscribes as a review and would like a copy, it's there for the taking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered were the blurb was. Just went to Amazon to check it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview. Hope you have great sales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I so enjoyed your interview as well as Kate's--she sounds like a pistol. And I'm so happy the blurb made it in--sounds very interesting--Great job. Wishing you much success with TIME AND AGAIN and all your others, past and upcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Bev and Katherine, and Tena of course
    thanks to all for stopping by to support Nancy in her fabulous story writing ability.
    We love having her
    Veronica and Kat

    ReplyDelete