Monday, July 25, 2016

A Modern Day Jane Eyre

. . . Dead-end job? Dreary apartment? Disastrous love life? Check, check, and check. Toddler who makes it all worthwhile? Absolutely. Juggling work, college, and the care of young Alex was never Sabrina's plan.
. . . But Sabrina's dreams are bigger than any curve ball life can throw at her. Her top priority is keeping her small family together, no matter what the cost.
. . . Vladimir Grigory doesn't believe in dreams. He earned his position at the top of New York's corporate ladder with his own sweat. His empire is his baby, and he'll destroy anyone who threatens it. Even the sexy employee who challenges him on every level.
. . . When the New York tabloids and the world call him the baby daddy of Sabrina's son, Vlad believes Sabrina is part of a plot to expose the secrets of his past. He threatens to destroy her future. But since Sabrina has secrets of her own, she has no choice but to agree to Vlad's marriage ultimatum . . .

Wow. This week, Wild Women Authors welcomes Charlotte O’Shay and Sabrina Boyd from Charlotte’s latest release The Marriage Ultimatum out of The Wild Rose Press. First up is Sabrina.
Where are you from? I was born and raised in New York City, Manhattan and now [live in] Brooklyn.
What did you think the first time you saw Vladimir Grigory? When I first met Vlad I had no idea he was the head of the company I had been working for the last 3 years. That may sound funny, but I kept my head down and did my work, because I have a young child to raise and no time for anything but little Alex and work. I thought Vlad was the hottest, handsomest guy, I had ever seen.
Been there, done that—in terms of a job I needed so bad it made my teeth ache. What was your second thought? My second thought was that he was extremely attracted to me, too.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? No. But definitely lust at first sight. We met each other on a primal, chemical level.
Been there, done that, too. Shudder. What do you like most about Vlad? He is the strong and silent type. He’s very responsible- not like either of our dads. He had a terrible childhood. No childhood at all really. He grew into a closed off person, he’s very serious, he feels his emotions deeply but doesn’t let them out very much. He is starting to do that with me.
How would you describe him? He is tall, dark and handsome. Dark blue eyes, well built, crooked nose. He was a boxer in college.
How would Vlad describe you? I have a feisty personality when I have to~ especially when it comes to defending little Alex, my brother..
What made you choose word processing as a career? Are you kidding? I never chose it. It’s just a job. I want a career in art but I had to get a “real” job when my mom passed away. I put art on the shelf to take care of my brother.
What is your biggest fear? Losing my job and being unable to support Alex and myself. That’s why I couldn’t believe it when Vlad fired me. He saw my feisty side then!
You go, girl! Now, tell us how you relax. I love to cook and hang out with friends and take photographs of Alex and sights around the city.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Jane Eyre. She struggled and hurt and finally found herself. A real life person.
Absolutely. Except for Alex, your story sounds like Jane. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Finish college. My mother told me that. She insisted I stay in school.
Just when we think we’ve got it rough, along comes someone like Sabrina. Thank you so much for visiting us. Give that little boy a big hug for us. Now it’s time to chat Charlotte.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? That’s a really tough question. I love so many books. I would say for a book Little Women. There is so much to learn from Louisa May Alcott as a writer and she showed that a family of girls were all individuals, not cookie cutter people. The first Terminator is a favorite movie of mine. A heroine is put into a situation that she has no preparation and no precedent for-and she succeeds fiercely.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? The character of Sabrina is someone I saw in various forms as a lawyer. I represented women in difficult domestic situations. In poverty, there is fear and the feeling that everything one has worked for may be gone in a nanosecond. There is a deep distrust of authority.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? The Wild Rose Press is small enough to be caring and big enough to have some impact in the market. The editors and authors I have met have been nothing short of amazing. I have learned a tremendous amount.
What project[s] are you working on now? I’m working on the next two books in the 3 book series about women and men who come to New York City with big dreams. They are all stand alone stories though.
The next book is called A Model Engagement and tells the story of Lacey, Sabrina’s good friend who has an apartment in her building. To the outside world Lacey, a model, has a perfect life. But that is so far from the reality of her life when the story starts.

Thank you so much for visiting with us this week, Charlotte. We enjoyed getting to know you and Sabrina.

Website: http://charlotteoshayauthor.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/charlotteoshayauthor
Twitter: http://twitter.com/charlotte_oshay
Instagram: charlotte_oshay_author
amazon.com/author/charlotteoshayauthor.com

To purchase The Marriage Ultimatum, go to:
The Wild Rose Press: http://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/4358-the-marriage-ultimatum.html
ISBN(s) 978-1-5092-0814-2 Paperback
978-1-5092-0815-9 Digital

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Marriage-Ultimatum-City-Dreams-ebook/dp/B01FCBBAMI
ASIN: B01FCBBAMI
https://www.amazon.com/Marriage-Ultimatum-City-Dreams-ebook/dp/B01FCBBAMI

Kobo: ISBN: 10:1509208151
ISBN: 13: 9781509208159
https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-marriage-ultimatum-4


Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-marriage-ultimatum-charlotte-oshay/1123790857/
ISBN-13: 2940158185540






16 comments:

  1. I felt for Sabrina during the blurb and interview. Congrats on creating a very compelling heroinel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely on my TBR. Good luck and great sales, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Secrets, and trying to keep them, make for great conflict, and add in the pressure of needing to provide--sounds like a winner! Thanks for sharing your story with the world and best wishes for THE MARRIAGE ULTIMATUM! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interview! This story looks really good.

    Good luck and God's blessings.

    Please do not enter me in drawing for books...my TBR pile is HUGE. I just wanted to drop by and support you :-)

    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed both interviews and love the story concept! Best wishes with your book release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, both interviews were awesome. Sounds like a great read. I agree about The Wild Rose Press. They are a wonderful publisher! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interviews! Your series sounds intriguing. Best of luck with The Marriage Ultimatum. Yep The Wild Rose Press Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you MJ, Pamela, Ashantay, Alicia & Tena for the kind words. I love being a Rose!
    Lol I know my TBR pile is the same. I stay up with my tiny night light on just like I used to as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great story! Little Women was one of my favorite books too, and Terminator (the original) one of my favorite movies! (The end where Sarah Connor is trapped in that big old factory and the machine is crawling at her....shudder!) Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know Leah! Right? One of my all time girl power movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the premise of your story--and it sounds like a rich-poor link up entangled with romance. I love JANE EYRE like your protag and LITTLE WOMEN like you. Good luck with your series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your story sounds great. I love, love Jane Eyre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for stopping by Allison.

      Delete
  14. What an over-whelming response for an over-whelming story. Thanks to all for stopping by to wish Charlotte well and for agreeing with me that this is a super story!!
    Kat Henry Doran

    ReplyDelete