Monday, July 11, 2016

Tarot Reader Meets Hunky Minister. . . ooh la la

Sometimes, all it takes…
Raynebeaux Starr's life is damn near perfect. She has wonderful friends. An interesting career. A man when she wants and none when she doesn't, thank you very much. But when tragedy strikes and she’s named guardian to her six year old niece, her world is turned upside down. She finds herself alone in a new town with a small child, no parenting skills and desperate for guidance. Until she meets Father Jared Sloan. The sexiest minister she's ever seen. He is kind, patient and a literal God-send. If only she could stop having unholy thoughts about him!
is one little lie,
Jared Sloan's love life is a disaster. He has one girlfriend he can't shake, and an ex-fiancée on his doorstep wanting him back. As if things weren't complicated enough, he encounters what must be a fallen angel in a church parking lot. Little does he know when he offers her counseling that she would be unlike anyone he's ever experienced. He wants to be the kind of man she can trust. He also wants to taste her so bad it hurts.
to lead you to the truth.
Can Jared convince Raynie there is such a thing as happily-ever-after? Or will his deceit only confirm her belief that fairy tale endings don't exist in the real world. Especially not in Lubbock, Texas.

Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome author Ann Everett and Raynebeaux Starr, 'star' of Say You'll Never Love Me. As usual, Raynebeaux is up first.
Where are you from? Austin, Texas. We have a motto there that says…Keep Austin Weird, which makes it the perfect place for me to live. During the 60’s it was a mecca for hippies. My mom and dad never outgrew that.
Tell us a bit about Say You’ll Never Love Me. When my sister and brother-in-law die unexpectedly and leave me as the guardian to their six-year-old daughter, Silbie, I panic. I know nothing about raising a child, and as if that responsibility isn’t enough, I find myself in a new city where the wind always blows and delivers wicked dust storms. One day I walk to a nearby church hoping to find a support group to help me figure out how to be a mother, and meet who I think is an associate minister. Turns out, he isn’t… but that doesn’t get revealed (to me) until much later in the story. By then, I’m hopelessly in love with him but I just can’t see myself living in such an awful place…with a liar. What to do…what to do?
Great hook. Keeps the reader guessing. Good for you. So . . . what did you think the first time you saw Jared Sloan? He wasn’t what I expected. Ministers were supposed to be older, fatter, and balder. This guy was young and gorgeous. Dark hair, brilliant blue eyes, and when he smiled, dimples deepened like sugar down a funnel. Not dressed like a preacher either. He wore jeans and cowboy boots. Silly me. What did I expect from a west Texas town where there was nothing but farmers and cowboys.
Know the type well only we call 'em “Father WhattaWaste”. What was your second thought? There was kindness in his voice. Probably the tone he’d practiced to offer sympathy and understanding to parishioners. I slid my palm into his. Warm and soft. Clearly a man who did little physical labor, but he must work out. What else could explain those broad shoulders or the way his butt filled out those jeans. I gave myself a mental slap. I shouldn’t focus on his body parts or the shape they were in.
Been there, done that. Unfortunately. Real unfortunately. But we digress. Did you feel it was love at first sight? Love, no. Lust…yes.
What do you like most about Jared? I could be myself with him. I told him things I’d never told anyone. And the way he treated my niece. He and Silbie had an instant connection.
How would you describe him? Gorgeous, kind, trustworthy.
How would Jared describe you? Quirky, beautiful, selfless.
What made you choose reading Tarot cards for a career? I have a college degree, but reading the Tarot had always interested me and I’d been doing it since college. It was just a natural fit. Luckily, I could conduct business via the internet, so that was helpful once I had to move to a new city.
Other than 'The Rev's' reaction to your job, what is your biggest fear? Falling in love…knowing there is no such thing as happily-ever-after.
How do you relax? I recently took cooking lessons and now that relaxes me.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Synola Harper from You’re Busting My Nuptials…because she is snarky and I love characters like that.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? When I was explaining to my next door neighbor, Mr. Remmus, why I never wanted get married--my stance on no such thing as happily-ever-after--he replied, 'Just one problem with that. At some point, being single, can turn into being lonely.' How true.

Well, this has been interesting. Starting with the spelling of you name, then to how you met the love of your life and what you thought he did for a living, this one sounds like a winner. We better talk to the creator for a bit.
Hi, Ann. Tell us about the movies or books that have had an impact on your career as a writer and why. I love anything written by Jennifer Cruise or Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Although I will never rise to their level, reading their work inspires me to study more and work harder. As for movies, Jerry Maguire is one of my favorites. I love how he changes from self-centered to hopelessly in love. I strive to have my characters do the same thing.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Contrary to what you’d hear from people who know me, my private life is pretty boring. I have no desire to travel. No sense of adventure. I’m not competitive. I’m afraid of water, heights, escalators, elevators, skunks, clowns and a whole truck load of other things. I believe in making only right-hand turns when driving. I never turn around and go back for something I’ve forgotten, because it’s bad luck. I love being alone because I rarely am. My most favorite place in the whole world is home. However, all that boring stuff can be interesting when I give it to a character!
I have readers ask all the time which character I am in my books. My answer is always the same…all of them! Honestly, there is a little of me in each character I write. Usually, a secondary character will be closer to my personality, but someone will always have my fears, my smart mouth, and my good and bad habits.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? It was really just a fluke. I never intended to publish or even try. But I did want to improve my writing skills so I joined an online critique site…where I’m still a member. Anyway, one of my readers on that site suggested I submit to a small press publisher in her area. I did with the attitude I’d never hear from them. Later that night, the phone rang and when I answered, a man asked for Ann. I replied he must have the wrong number. And he said…You’re not Ann Everett the author? I quickly said I was, but I’d never been called that before. Ann Everett is my pen name, but I’d never used it. That relationship was a good one. They published my first two books. But when my three year contract ended, I chose not to renew. I’d learned a lot during that period and decided to strike out on my own as an indie author. Best decision I ever made! But I will always be grateful for the experience.
What project[s] are you working on now? I’m currently about into my new book, which will be another New Adult Romance. Almost all of the characters are in their 20’s. However, I like to think of my romance books as women’s fiction, because I have a multitude of characters and there’s more to my stories than just two people trying to get into bed with each other for 200+ pages. They do get into bed and have steamy sex, but that isn’t what the whole story is about.
My current project involves an ex-con wrongly accused and a young woman running from something. They both end up sharing the same house. Along with that story line, the main female character has two friends with their own plots…and there’s a woman from the past that also comes into play. Throughout the book, there will be 4-6 alternating points of view. Those are the kinds of books I like to read, so naturally they are the kind I like to write.
What's up next for you? I hope to finish my current book by the end of summer. I’m a frequent speaker at workshops, conferences, and book clubs, so I’ll add those dates to the mix. I’m also a top reviewer on http://www.thenextbigwriter.com which takes some of my time. In addition, I’m in the market to join other romance authors in doing a box set of stories, so I’ll be pursuing that.

To purchase Say You'll Never Love Me, go to:

To learn more about our guest, go to:









18 comments:

  1. What a super set up for conflict. Also, an insightful interview. Best wishes for success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for giving Raynebeaux and me a place on your wonderful blog!! She's always excited when her story is featured and as her creator, I like it when she's happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book sounds intriguing, loved the info and cover. Interesting interview. Best wishes for lots of sales and success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tena.
      So sorry it's taken so long to reply. It's one of those weeks
      kt

      Delete
  4. Interesting Characters!
    Great Author Info.
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree absolutely, Pam. This is interesting and unique author information. Thanks for stopping by.
      Kat

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful read! Got the whole Thornbirds kinda thing going for it! Plus I've always enjoyed insta-parent reads because it can be a great setup for comedy and also a way to make your character grow. I'm looking forward to reading this one! Thanks for sharing! And best wishes on all of your writing, Ann! (That's you.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't agree more, MJ. This is a different and unique plot twist. Can't wait to read it.
      Kaat

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a wonderful story! I loved the interviews. I like being at home, too. It's my favorite! Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have to love when apparent "opposites attract." They balance one another. Great interview! Good luck with the new release!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very compelling blurb...excellent interviews. Wishing you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by, Ali
      We apprciate the support
      Kat and Veronica

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed your interviews and learning more about your books. And I like Jen Crusie, too! All best wishes for a successful writing career.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the concept of romance with a minister. They have lives, too! Best of luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that is certainly interesting! I like the tarot and the minister. Also, I too hate escalators! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice place to live--Austin--Weird. :-) Never been to Lubbock. This sounds like a very intriguing read. I live in the H'town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Linda. We appreciate the down home flair you've offered.
      Kat

      Delete
  13. Thanks to all who took the time to visit this week.
    We appreciate the support and input.
    Kat and Veronica

    ReplyDelete