Friday, September 16, 2016

Meet Morgan D'Arcy

For the next few days, Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back Linda Nightingale and Morgan D'Arcy from Linda's latest release out of the Wild Rose Press, Morgan D'Arcy: A Vampyre Rhapsody.
Tell us a bit about Morgan D’Arcy: A Vampyre Rhapsody. Rhapsody is a collection of short vampire fiction, told in first person by Yours Truly. Each story gives a glimpse of a different period in my life, spanning the years from the late 1900s to today. They are love stories. I loved each of them in my own way—and still do. Time waits for no man.
A short bit about each story is the following:
Devil’s Waltz: “At times, Amber looked as if she’d dissect me, given the chance.“
Night Moves: “Beware those who walk the Battery late at night. That stately old mansion with its face turned away from the sea, the beautiful one with a Greek portico, has dark secrets.”
Sunrise, Sunset: “Each of us, at some time, wishes to stand naked in passion’s temple and face deepest, darkest desire—to be an innocent victim to lust.”
Intermezzo: “The DBS wasn’t the most comfortable place to have sex, but it could be done.”
What made you choose the piano for a profession/career? When you live as long as I have, boredom is a constant danger. “Boredom had caught me at the bottom of a bleak winter evening, and boredom in my hands was a time bomb that would explode. The question was merely where and when.” (Sunrise, Sunset). I’d always loved the piano, and in self-defense I turned to a remedy that has become my rescue over the years. Playing and learning is easy for me, and I began performing. The rest, as they say, is history, but I love what I do and enjoy giving people pleasure.
Knowing what you know now, if you had it to do over again, would you stick with being a pianist or do something different? When the years take away this persona, and I must become another person, I shall miss the piano. I have never regretted my decision.
What is your biggest fear? That the woman I love will reject me, and I shall wander eternity never having found that one in a million selfless emotion…true love.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? My co-star and sometimes villain, Lucien St. Albans, would be angry if I didn’t say, “Oh, Lucien, of course. He’s a very complex character, and a powerful man not only because he is Chief Councilor of Les Elus, the ruling body of the Vampyre. Ladies, he is tall, dark, and handsome with a Latin accent in the purest definition, as in Ancient Rome.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? ‘Stay away from that woman. She’ll be your downfall.’ This was an attempt to save my mortal life, but I was mesmerized by Dominique du Montcleare, my vampire mother. Had I listened—I’d be dust in my grave.

We thank Morgan for spending time with us. 
To purchase Morgan D'Arcy: A Vampyre Rhapsody, go to www.thewildrosepress.com

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for the interviews, Linda and Morgan. All the best! I can hear the music within my mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I have a player piano that I often play when I'm writing. Morgan sends his best!

      Delete
  2. Great interviews Linda & Morgan!
    Good luck and God's blessings to you both and all WWAx2 bloggers!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pam
      thanks so much for stopping by. It isn't often we have real vampire for a guest.
      Kat

      Delete
  3. What an enlightening interview! Intend to indulge in a little Vampyre Rhapsody this weekend! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tena. I certainly hope you enjoy Rhapsody!

      Delete
  4. I am completely intrigued by Morgan!! Definitely want to indulge in some more. Good luck. Anni, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anni
      thanks so much for stopping by. We agree, after chatting with Morgan, we want to know more.
      Kat

      Delete
  5. Wonderful interview Linda and Morgan. Love that you and Morgan give us episodes of his life. And now I need to know if he finds true love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agree completely, Charlotte. Thanks for stopping by.
      Kat

      Delete
  6. A piano-playing vampire has got to be interesting, to say the least! Nice post and good luck with your new release.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading Sinner's Opera right now, another Mr. D'Arcy, It's so good. I'm such a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi, Sandra
      we appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment.
      Kat

      Delete