Monday, September 26, 2016

The Good, the Bad, the Ghostly #1

     For the next few weeks Wild Women Authors is will entertain a diverse group of authors who recently put their imaginations together and created The Good, the Bad and the Ghostly. We couldn't be more pleased for the opportunity to present them on WWA. Today, Charlene Raddon and Burke Jameson from A Ride Through Time are with us.

First, a blurb:
     P.S.I. Agent Burke Jameson travels to Eagle Gulch, Colorado to investigate a report of ghost activity at a house where a murder took place in 1881. When his vehicle carrying his P.S.I. equipment dies, and a riderless mare appears, he mounts up, hoping the horse will lead him to her fallen rider. What he finds is a whole new life beyond his imagination.
     Clorinda Halstead believes she’s a widow. After all, she was the one who shot her husband, Horace, on a violent night in 1881. He deserved it, the jury concluded. Living with the town marshal and his wife, all Clori wants is to be left alone. Then a stranger, Burke James, joins the household and nothing is ever the same again.
     How did Burke find his way through time to the year 1881, and who is haunting the lovely but distant Widow Halstead? Can Burke find the ghost of Eagle Gulch without his P.S.I. equipment? And how will he ever choose between going home to his own time and a life of love and happiness with Clorinda?
As usual, we'll begin with author Charlene's favorite character, Burke Jameson.
Where are you from? Denver, Colorado, but I grew up in Eagle Gulch.
What did you think the first time you saw Clori Halstead? Wow! She was pretty, mysterious and intriguing. Because she didn’t seem to like me, I had to win her over.
What was your second thought? She was afraid of men.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? No, but close.
What do you like most about Clori? That she had been strong enough to stand up for herself and do what was necessary to save her own life.
How would you describe her? Delicate but strong, introverted, fearful, unconfident.
How would Chlori describe you? Probably as a busy body who wouldn’t leave her alone.
What made you choose Psychic Specters Investigations as a career? I’ve been fascinated with ghosts since I was a teenager. I visited a haunted house and was chased away by a terrifying specter. Ever since, I wanted to go back and teach that ghost a lesson.
What is your biggest fear? That I’ll let Clori down and fail to exorcise her husband who is haunting her.
How do you relax? I like to fish but rarely have time for it. My work is my recreation.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Sherlock Holmes because his methods were so clever and ahead of their time.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Never let a specter see that you are afraid.
We thank you, Burke, for taking time away from your work to visit with us. We'd like to chat with Charlene now.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? Give Your Heart to The Hawks by Win Blevens gave me a fascination for heroes of the past when it took everything a person has to survive day to day. Ride The Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robson because of her use of detail, and A. B. Guthrie, whose wonderful stories of the old west inspired me to write my own.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? In my novel, Tender Touch, I used experiences from my first marriage which was abusive. In To Have and To Hold, I used stories my mother told me of living in a dugout.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I’m self-published now. I started with Kensington Books, then Tirgearr Publishing, but decided to try it on my own.
What project[s] are you working on now? A novella for another sort of anthology.
What's up next for you? I have a book nagging me to get going on it about a lady heart surgeon who gives up her profession and retires to a ranch in Montana. She explores a ghost town on the property and finds she can go back and forth into the past there.

To learn more about Charlene Raddon and the stories she creates, go to:





39 comments:

  1. Hi, Kat and thank you for the warm introduction. This is a unique anthology in that the stories are all connected by a paranormal detective agency headed by the mysterious Nat Termayne. Char, your story was so good. You handled the time travel in a believable way and I felt like I was there with Burke whether in present or past time. the book nagging at you sounds intriguing! I hope you get that story out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting me today. Writing my story for The Good, The Bad, and The Ghostly was a lot of fun. I hope readers enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kat, sorry I'm late to the table but I do want to thank you ever so much for hosting us all. It was a fun interview and we think your readers will enjoy all our books--there's something for everyone this Hallowe'en month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kat, sorry I'm late to the table but I do want to thank you ever so much for hosting us all. It was a fun interview and we think your readers will enjoy all our books--there's something for everyone this Hallowe'en month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The anthology sounds really grabbing for us ghost-lovers. Looking forward to reading more. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's different, too, Susan! There's a thread running throughout the book of the Tremayne Agency of Psychic Specters Investigators.

      Delete
  6. And I am very pleased to have TGTBTG authors visiting. I enjoy doing postings like this--and the support you demonstrate for each other is mind-boggling.
    I for one hope this is successful for all of you.
    NOW: MOST IMPORTANT--WHERE DO WE GO TO PURCHASE?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathryn. I think the buy link of its way. but in the meantime. https://www.amazon.com/Good-Ghostly-Ghost-Romances-Wild-ebook/dp/B01KKVK9BI

      Delete
    2. The Int'l link is http://mybook.to/GoodBadGhostly

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kathryn. We appreciate you taking the time to host us.

      Delete
    4. Really glad to be here, Kathryn. Thanks for having us.

      Delete
  7. Sounds interesting. What a great time of year for stories that go bump in the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely--and there are quite a few bumps in this set!

      Delete
    2. Yes, and our ghost have a variety of personalities so it's not just scary but funny and sweet too.

      Delete
  8. I agree with Virginia. Ideal time of the year for this release. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nightingale! Pumpkin latte and this...

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I love this time of year with the weather turning cold so we can snuggle up next to a fire and read a good book or two.

      Delete
  9. I love it when a bunch of talented authors get together and write exciting and intriguing stories. I look forward to reading The Good, The Bad and the Ghostly. And can't wait to read more about Burke--he's going to have his hands full. I love it. Wishing all of you the best and much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great interview. I love Burke's favorite advice: "Never let a specter see that you are afraid." Sounds like a great anthology!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Beverly. We had great fun working together with the common thread of the Tremayne Agency and exchanging some agents in each other's stories.

      Delete
    3. Good advice for this time of year, Leah!

      Delete
    4. Hi. Bev! Nice to see you here. Char's story with Agent Burke is a good read! We have two time travel story in the anthology--always an entertaining storyline in addition to ghosts!

      Delete
    5. I liked Burke so much he makes an appearance in my story McKee's Ghost. Thanks so much for your kind words.

      Delete
    6. I loved creating Burke. He was a fun character and putting him out of his element in the past was even more fun.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a great book! What a fun concept. I love ghost stories. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara. It IS a great book ;-)

      Delete
    2. Ghost and the old west go together like milk and chocolate, heat them up and they make you warm inside.

      Delete
  11. Many Many thanks to all who have responded to this delightful posting. It's been a lot of fun
    Kat and Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you again Kat and Veronica! This is always a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kathryn, I look forward to come back and reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting us, Kat and Veronica. I'm a huge fan of Char's work but I have to admit that Burke is my favorite hero so far and I *may* have a wee crush on him. Don't tell my Mr Husband!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for hosting us, Kat and Veronica and I loved reading about Burke, Charlene. *swoon

    ReplyDelete
  16. and the beat goes on--as we used to say back in the day.
    Tomorrow we'll have Blaire with us for the long weekend. Can't wait to 'meet' the character she brings to the table!
    Best to all of you.
    Kat and Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of mixing the Old West and ghosts. I just had to get my copy and I can hardly wait to start reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! I hope you enjoy reading our stories.

      Delete