Thursday, October 27, 2016

And The Winner Is . . .

We can never resist the opportunity to show off one of the nicer men in our lives.
And the winner is. . . Keenan Rossi from For Keeps, the story which recently took 5th place in the IDA contest. 
Hi, Keenan. Tell us a bit about For Keeps. It is the story of me and Meghan Muldoon, how we met and how, through events beyond my control, she decided to 'keep me'.
What did you think the first time you saw Meg? It was at the beginning of the monthly Crime Stats meeting, where reps from all local law enforcement agencies meet to discuss crime trends and share information on like crimes. This tall and leggy redhead walked in and my tongue hit the floor—along with every other guy's in the room. Then I dribbled hot coffee down the front of my shirt. Not a pretty picture. 
What was your second thought? Once I peeled my eyes off her legs, I recognized she was the woman my mother always warned me about. The problem after that was convincing Meg to accept the facts.
What do you like most about her? She's not intimidated by men who wield their power with a club—or other body parts located below their belt buckles. I don't mean that she's a ball buster, but she knows what she wants, how to get it and isn't afraid to go for it.
Why do you think that is? She spent a lot of time with the US Air Force's Office of Special Investigations. Not an easy road for a woman but she held her own among some pretty nasty situations.
How would you describe her? Smart, savvy and compassionate with legs that go clear to her ear lobes.
How would Meghan describe you? Career-focused, intense, and if things don't go my way I tend to pout. Truth be told, I haven't pouted in at least five days.
What made you choose law enforcement for a career? Like Meggie, I spent a few years with the military though I was a lowly MP. After I mustered out of the service, police work seemed like the natural course. I've never regretted the choice.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? My current terrific three are Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers, both written by John Sandford, and Mitch Rapp, created by the late Vince Flynn. I like Davenport's humor and wouldn't mind having some of his money [he's the richest cop in Minnesota]. I envy Virgil's easy manner with women. And I like Mitch because he's not afraid to speak his mind to a superior, even if it's the director of the CIA or the President [of the United States]. If I'd mouthed off to a superior like Mitch does on a regular basis, I'd probably have been shot—or sent to the brig for the rest of my life.
Last question, Keenan: when you want to romance Meg, what do you do? That's an easy one: I turn on “Heavenly”, her favorite Johnny Mathis CD, pour her a big glass of Merlot and drop a couple dozen yellow roses in her lap. Watch out.






2 comments:

  1. Loved the interview! Book sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ilona and for the kind comment. This was a fun story to write.
      Thanks!
      Veronica

      Delete