Monday, October 3, 2016

Konnor McKee Has a Problem

          His fiancée called off their engagement after being accosted by a ghost in his house. Now, a beautiful ghost detective has shown up at his ranch, saying his brother has hired her to take care of the unwanted spirit.
         Konnor McKee is more than happy with PSI Agent Ruth Oliva Wilson. One look and he was hooked. Now, if he can only get some help from a ghost, he might be able to secure himself a bride after all. With the return of his ex-fiancee, his life is turn upside down by an angry ghost, a vindictive woman and a sexy medium. Konnor doesn’t know which way to turn.
         Can he get everyone out of this alive and marry the PSI Agent? Or has he lost all hope of a happy future because of the ruthless ghost of one of his ancestors?

Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome author Anita Philmar and Konnor McKee, lead character from McKee's Ghost part of our featured series, The Good, The Bad and The Ghostly. First up is Konnor.
Where are you from? Shelton, Nebraska
What did you think the first time you saw Ruth Olivia Wilson? She was walking down the lane to my house. I initially thought she was a young man. Then I caught sight of her skirt billowing around her ankles. Once I realized she’d come to see about my ghost my fascination with her grew. I believe she stole my heart from the very beginning and I knew I couldn’t let her go. She was the girl I’d waited a lifetime for and my future wife.
That is so sweet. What was your second thought? She was a tiny thing. You just wanted to pick her up and carry her around in your pocket.
Was it love at first sight? Oh, yes, no other way to describe it.
What do you like most about Ruth? Smart, sassy and beautiful
How would you describe her? She’s a woman who’s traveled the world but hasn’t forgotten how important it is to be happy where you are at the moment. She has a small town heart and loves simple pleasures of life.
How would Ruth describe you? Big and determined, mainly because one look and I told her I wanted her to be my wife. She feels we need to learn more about each other but I feel as if I’ve know her forever and I have no desire to wait.
What made you choose farming and training horses for a career? My family has been farmers for centuries. I enjoy the work, but I also love draft horse so I decided to also do that to help others find the quality draft horses they need.
What is your biggest fear? Having to marry my ex-financee Wilhelmina, she is not a nice woman.
Hah! Been there. Done that. How do you relax? Enjoy relaxing by the fireplace before I met Ruth. Now, I just enjoy talking to her.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Follow your heart, it led me straight to Ruth.
Thanks, Konnor. This has been great. We'd like to chat with Anita for a bit.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I’ve been a romance reader all my life and I believe their the reason I decide to write romance instead of any other genre.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I don’t believe all ghosts are bad. I’ve done some research into spiritual guides and feel that is more of what Grandma Nettie is to Ruth than a restless spirit.
What project[s] are you working on now? Need to finish the last book in my Naked Bluff, Texas series – A Cowboy’s Passion.
What's up next for you? Looking at starting another series but haven’t decided yet exactly how I want it to work. It will be a historical western, but can decide exactly on the reoccurring lady who works to find wives for wealthy men. Still hammering out the details.
Anita brought us an excerpt from McKee’s Ghost:
     The hands he’d dropped to her waist shifted. One drew Ruth deeper into his embrace while the other nudged her chin up with a knuckle until their eyes met. His searing gaze lit a fire, heating her core and arousing every cell in her body.
     “No. The gentleman in me heads south whenever you enter the room. All I can think about is getting my hands on you.” Konnor sprayed his palms over her back and tugged her deeper against his chest. “I want you in a way I’ve never wanted a woman before, under me screaming while I make you completely mine.”
     She gasped. “But you don’t even know me.”
     “You’re wrong. Some instinct inside me knew the moment we met you belong to me. Now, all I need to do is convince you of that fact.” He dropped his mouth over hers. His kisses were gentle and sweet one moment, demanding and urgent the next.
     The crisp flavor of the apple he’d just eaten played over her taste buds. Pleasure overruled the sound logic of keeping him at a distance. Instead, she gave into the tempestuous assault to her senses and slid her arms around his neck. Minutes passed. The hunger inside her growing until she couldn’t catch her breath.
     He tore his mouth from hers, and she gasped for air. “Please, sweetheart, I’m not a patient man, especially when I’ve waited so long for you. I need—”
     “Don’t say it,” she whispered and lowered her head to avoid eye contact. She’d tempted him, let him think if he asked for more, she’d willingly give him whatever he wanted.
     Realizing how much she already cared for him, she rebelled against the likelihood of losing her heart to another man. More than once, she’d fallen into the trap of believing a man would love her no matter what.
     Every time, she paid with a broken heart. This time, she needed to give him a day or two to come to terms with the true nature of her abilities. Once he saw her in action, he’d change. The desire he felt would wilt until he had no feeling for her at all.
     “I’m sorry, but we need to take this slow.” She lowered her hands and pressed them against his chest. “Now, you should tend to your horses.”
     Konnor studied her for a long moment before he slowly released his grip. “Make yourself at home. I’ll be back as soon as I’ve finished my nightly chores.”
     She nodded, and he turned for the door with a sigh.
     The light click of the latch falling into place felt like a shot through her heart. She’d come here determined to do her job and leave. However, Konnor had blindsided her with his charm. She’d broken her new rule of not becoming involved with a client.
     Now, she had to figure out a way to keep her heart safe when everything inside her wanted to give in to Konnor’s demands.

Anita Philmar can be found at:

To purchase McKee's Ghost and other stories from The Good, The Bad and The Ghostly, go to: www.mybook.to/GoodBadGhostly




16 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cute anthology. Love the character interviews!

    Good luck and God's blessings to all.
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam, good to see you here. I'm sure you'd enjoy it--I keep in mind that ghost at the Silver Spur! Blessings.

      Delete
    2. Hey Pam, good to see you here. I'm sure you'd enjoy it--I keep in mind that ghost at the Silver Spur! Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Kat, Veronica,thanks for hosting us again. Fun interview Anita. It reflects the tone of your story very well. I thought your characters were charming! The stories in this anthology range from spooky to humorous--something for everyone. Anita, I like the idea you have of a lady who helps wealthy men find wives. It would make a great series! Happy writing! You were a pleasure to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Patti. Sorry to be late in responding. I'm up to my eyeballs getting ready for a major craft show in the 1,000 Islands this weekend. This series has been a lot of fun to host. I hope you'll think of me when the next one rolls around.
      Kat

      Delete
  3. Interesting premise here and the excerpt is compelling. LOVE ghost stories, myself and write Gothics to prove it. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you'll read it, Susan. There truly is something for everyone--from serious paranormal to fun and humorous.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for stopping by, Susan. We appreciate the continued support.
      Kat

      Delete
  4. Hey Kat, greetings once more! And our thanks for having us--it is such a great site and you have wonderful readers. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great story by Anita Philmar. I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Charlene. We enjoyed having the TGTBTG authors visiting us, mainly because the characters and plot lines are so diverse.
      Kat

      Delete
  6. Wow, I'm running late. Thanks everyone for your comments. I enjoyed writing this story. I appreciate you hosting me on your blog, Kat. All the best, Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love love LOVE the avatar. So unique, so classy. Thanks for responding, Anita. Life the story very much.
      Kat

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kat, for everything you did for The Good, the Bad and the Ghostly. We do appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. Hello Anita and Wild Women Authors,

    Thank you Authors for sharing Anita's story from The Good, The Bad and The Ghostly. We had a lot of fun tying in all the stories in this boxed set to a psychic investigating agency.

    Hope you like ghosts!
    Keta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hosting anthologies is such a treat for me, Keta. Thanks to Andi for arranging this event. I hope you'll think of us when the next anthology rolls around.
      Best wishes for many many sales
      Kat

      Delete