Monday, November 7, 2016

She's Back and Better Than Ever!

. . . How can she forgive him for what he didn't do? 
. . . Photographer Izzy Cooper feels as frozen as her pictures. Trent Palmer might be the hottest firefighter in Templeton Cove, but she can never face him again. Not after he failed to save her brother. But when they're forced together by a calendar shoot, the sparks between them are undeniable.
. . . Izzy knows it's not fair to blame Trent for the tragedy, but opening herself up to loss again isn't something she's prepared to do, no matter how determined Trent is to show her that pain is part of life and that love—their love—can make any suffering bearable.
For the next few days we are thrilled to welcome back a true friend, dating back to our days at the Wild Rose Press series, the Class of '85, Rachel Brimble. This time she brings Trent Palmer from Saved By The Firefighter, Rachel's latest release with Harlequin. First up is Trent.
Where are you from? Kingsley in south of England.
Tell us a bit about Saved By The Firefighter. It’s about me trying to get Izzy through the pain of losing her brother in a fire and my guilt at being unable to save him. I liked Izzy from the first moment I met her and we’d finally managed to get together when the tragedy struck. With Robbie gone, Izzy could barely look at me, let alone speak to me. I just want her happy again, whether that be with or without me.
What did you think the first time you saw Izzy Cooper? That she was stunning, sweet and sexy.
Okay. And your second thought? Oh, God, she’s my friend’s sister
Did you feel it was love at first sight? Yes. I’ve had girlfriends in the past but no woman has struck me like Izzy did, before or since.
What do you like most about her? Her good heart, her strength and generosity
How would Izzy? Loyal, hardworking and the most beautiful woman on the planet
How would she describe you? Hard-headed, brave and determined
What made you choose firefighting as a career? I didn’t choose it, firefighting chose me. I was supposed to be looking after my sister but was too interested in chatting with a girl along the street. The fire started in the kitchen…my sister was inside…I was too late. That day I vowed I would make amends and always do my best to save others.
What is your biggest fear? Failure – failure to save someone. Failure to be there when people need me. Failure.
How do you relax? I’m happy relaxing in front of the TV, or having a few beers at the Coast with friends, driving out of town. Anywhere that I can re-evaluate, reconnect, away from the pressures of the job.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Jason Bourne – struggling with his own identity but overcoming huge obstacles both physically and mentally. Pushing forward, against the odds. At the end of the day, that’s all any of us can do.
He's top on our list also! What is the best piece of advice you ever received? From my father – I was struggling with so many things in my life, but especially my feelings for Izzy and he said, “It’s time to face your fears, time for you to risk your heart as well as your life. You need to pass it over to someone else to take care of every now and then. Because that, my boy, is what love is. A gift. Don’t you dare turn your back on it.”
Thank you, Trent. It's been great meeting you as a character and a person. Now it's Rachel's turn.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? Pretty much every book I have read my Nora Roberts and Jill Shalvis have inspired me to write better and be better. They both had a huge influence on my career. I love the scope of their books. The problems, cast of characters and overall themes are relatable and inspiring. Such talented ladies!
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I started writing this novel while grieving the loss of my beloved black Lab, Max. I was under contract and was finding it hard to function, let alone work, but when I realized the way to get through was to use all the sadness, anger and grief I was feeling in my work, it really helped. The fact I am writing a romance meant there would be a happy ever after and I prayed I would feel more positive come the end. Thankfully, my plan worked and I’m okay now…I’ve even adopted a new fur baby, a chocolate Lab called Tyler!
And he is a cutie. Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? Ever since The Wild Rose Press published my first novel in 2007, Harlequin have been on my list (yes, I have a list!) of dream publishers, purely because I have always enjoyed the scope of their novels. When I wrote Finding Justice, the first book in my Harlequin Templeton Cove series, I had the vision of a series to follow. Thankfully, my acquiring editor thought the exact same thing and while editing book one, she asked me what other stories I had in mind. The rest is history.
What project[s] are you working on now? Right now, I am editing the first in what I hope will be an ongoing Edwardian saga and also plotting book 8 in the Templeton Cove series. Busy, busy!
What's up next for you? My next release is scheduled for August 2017, which will be book 7 in the Templeton Cove series. It is a romantic suspense where the hero becomes entangled with the threat his ex-wife is under from her current lover. The heroine is an existing Templeton resident who comes to the hero’s home after she finds his young daughter alone on the beach. I loved writing this story!
I am also shopping out a single title romantic suspense that I hope to have some good news on soon.

If you are as intrigued by this small peek into Templeton Cove, you can purchase it at: Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JFHYGQW
Here's a bit more about our guest:
Rachel Brimble lives with her husband and two teenage daughters in a small town near Bath in the UK. After having several novels published by small US presses, she secured agent representation in 2011. Since 2013, she has had six books published by Harlequin Superromance (Templeton Cove Stories) and recently signed a contract for two more. She also has four Victorian romances with eKensington/Lyrical Press.
She also recently signed with a UK agent so is represented both sides of the Atlantic.
Rachel is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association and Romance Writers of America, and was selected to mentor the Superromance finalist of So You Think You Can Write 2014 contest. When she isn’t writing, you’ll find Rachel with her head in a book or walking the beautiful English countryside with her family. Her dream place to live is Bourton-on-the-Water in South West England.
She likes nothing more than connecting and chatting with her readers and fellow romance writers. Rachel would love to hear from you!

To learn more about Rachel and the books she creates, go to:

12 comments:

  1. Good morning! It's great to be here today - I'm looking forward to chatting with your visitors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. Interesting characters!
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela - nice to see you here :)

      Delete
    2. thanks for stopping by, Pamela. It's always a treat when Rachel visits.
      Kat

      Delete
  3. Love the whole idea of putting your current emotions into your story. Excellent excerpt. Best of luck! (Hello Kat/Veronica!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margo! Hope you're well - I tend to use my current emotions a lot in my work. It seems to make the words flow easier and is also very therapeutic :)

      Delete
    2. Back atcha, Margo!
      it's been awhile but we're awful glad to see your gorgeous face. Thanks for stopping by.
      K and V

      Delete
  4. It's always fun to meet a fellow writer from UK--my favorite place to visit and explore. Your new romance sounds very compelling--with a strong male character, which we don't often see in the genre. Best wishes for continued success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - whereabouts are you in the UK? Nice to have you stop by!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by Susan. It's always a treat when you stop to chat.
      Kat

      Delete
  5. Loved the interview. The series sounds great. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kara

      Nice to meet you - thank you. Hope you'll give my firefighter a try, lol!

      Delete