Monday, January 30, 2017

Find Out About Tears In The Dust

This week, Wild Women Authors is pleased to have author Virginia Czaja visiting along with Kelly Jowett from Ginny's latest book for the Wild Rose Press, Tears In The Dust. As usual, we'll start with Kelly.
Where are you from? Originally, a small town in Pennsylvania but I relocated to Florida after my parents died. I needed to get away for the small town. I didn’t have any extended family in the area so I took a job as a nanny to help a family who was relocating to Florida. I also hated the winters.
Yep. Been there, done that. Tell us a bit about Tears In The Dust. Being married to a bronc rider is not thrilling or glamorous. Your heart tells you it is time to end your marriage. The possibility of injury accompanies every ride. When the ride is finished you think the rider is safe, then the unexpected happens and your life is changed—forever.
What did you think the first time you saw Gordon McCabe? I thought not only was he married but he was strange because he asked such a personal question as to why my husband, B.J., wasn’t at the cookout and did he mind that I came on my own. The tone of his voice made me wonder what his past connection had been with my husband. 
That is rather odd. What did you think next? That his wife was as ill-mannered as he was. Her behavior toward me wasn’t cool. It was downright frigid. When she left the party I thought Dr. McCabe would, too, but he stayed.
So was it love at first sight? No. I already had a husband and I thought he had a wife. Later I learned she wasn’t his wife, she was his sister.
What do you like most about him? When I got to know Gordon better I appreciated his kindness and understanding. However, his bossiness often irritated me.
How would you describe him? Gordon is temptingly handsome and take charge kind of man, but cautious. His dark brown eyes and hair could make a woman forget she has responsibilities. Makes me wonder how much longer I can resist his nearness.
How would he describe you? As heading for a nervous breakdown. That to date my only saving factor has been my cadre of close friends who conspire to get me
away from the house.
What made you choose art for a career? I was never good at science or math, but give me a pencil and paper and I was in another world. Thankfully, I’ve been able to use these talents to help me survive.
What is your biggest fear? That I will run out of money before B.J. runs out of time.
How do you relax? I refinish and stencil furniture. Sometimes I read but usually fall asleep before I finish a page.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Jamie Frazer, a handsome Scotsman. What’s not to like! The man is a survivor and gives me hope.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? I’m not very good at taking advice. My friends tell me I need a life other than taking care of my invalid husband. Easier said than done. They don’t have to deal with my conscience.
Thanks for your time, Kelly. Now it's time to talk with Virginia.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? Music has had more of an influence on my career than movies (I rarely watch one) or books (I’m an avid reader). I love to listen to song lyrics because they inevitably inspire a story.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I worked in the medical field for more years than I intend to own up to. Toward the end of my “medical’ career I worked in a chiropractic office.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I heard about The Wild Rose Press from several authors I know. They gave kudos to the company so I submitted.
What project[s] are you working on now? The Calusa Series. The next book is about Gordon’s brother, Jim’s, story.

Thanks to Virginia Czaja for visiting us and talking about the latest in her wonderful Calusa series. 
We'll have her back again, promise.




7 comments:

  1. Where the Calusa Series is available:
    The Wild Rose Press
    Barnes&Noble Nook
    Amazon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that title!
    Great interviews
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Pamela
      Ginny and I appreciate your support.
      Kat

      Delete
  3. Lots of internal and external conflict. Sounds like an interesting read. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandy
      You're new to our blog and we hope Ginny's visit will entice you to return again.
      Best wishes
      Kat Henry Doran

      Delete
  4. Wonderful interview, and it sounds like a great read. Congrats on the release!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali
      thanks so much for stopping by to offer support.
      Ginny and I appreciate it very much.
      Kat

      Delete