Friday, January 6, 2017

Rage by Linda Burson

Today Wild Women Authors welcomes Linda Burson author of Rage, a recent release out of Class Act Books. With Linda is Liam, one of the two male protagonists in the series.
Hi, Liam, where are you from? Eastern Pennsylvania.
Tell us a bit about Rage. The title describes the love of my life, Marcy, because she is out-of-control with her ire. It could also describe me because I, too, have an anger that is larger than life.
Unfortunately, at the beginning of Rage, Marcy is in love with another man, Brad Preston. However, they are only dating, so I make my move by asking Marcy to help me locate some murderers, realizing she would make a great partner after I witness her take down a gunman in a robbery. I didn’t know she was as tough as that, but I’m thrilled to find this out since it’s my way in.
     Before we get started, she gets engaged to Brad. This is when I think I’ve lost her. Fortunately for me, but sadly for Marcy, Brad breaks her heart when he can’t locate her because she is busy helping me take out some really bad people. Previously, I offered my friend’s cabin in Vermont to help teach her how to use a gun, and since she’s devastated by her fiancé breaking their engagement, she takes me up on my offer. We spend time getting to know each other even more. She doesn’t realize how much we truly are connected at this point, but something is there, because she falls in love with me.
     From there, my whole intent is to keep from losing her to Brad who decides he wants her back. In the meantime, she gets help for her rage from her psychiatrist that she finally decided to see. It’s during this time, that she begins to figure out why she is behaving in an unhealthy, irrational way, and constantly having nightmares.
Interesting premise. What did you think the first time you saw Marcy? That she was the girl I’m supposed to spend my life with. 
That instant feeling is powerful. What was your second thought? That I was already in love and it was meant to be.
Was it love at first sight? Most definitely.
What do you like most about Marcy? Obviously her beauty. Her face is perfection, but even more than that, there’s innocence in her sparkling, warm eyes, and her smile is the most genuine I’ve ever witnessed. She has a truly unique personality, and as a mate, she is understanding and loves adventure.
How would you describe her? She has an old soul that is deep—a loving, caring personality. She loves with all of her. She lights up the room when she enters. She’s strong, smart, and independent, but needs taken care of in an endearing way. She pretends to be controlling, but I feel she likes it more when someone else is in control and protects her. She also cares about everyone else around her. She wants those in her life to be happy even if it means she isn’t.
Interesting dichotomy in a heroine, but how would she describe you? As a strong, confident, sexy man who is loving and passionate, but fierce, and who always has to be in control. Who can be sweet and romantic, but has a temper a lion would be afraid of.
What made you choose the military as a career? After high school graduation, I realized college wasn’t for me, and it seemed like something to do that would fit my personality, at least until I matured somewhat.
What is your biggest fear? Losing Marcy.
How do you relax? I work-out at the gym lifting weights, boxing, and running.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? I’m not much of a reader, or a movie-goer, but if I had to choose someone from the movies I did see, I’d say “Rambo.” The character reminded me a lot of myself. He gave the military his all…he fought for his country. He was powerful, physically fit, and was full of anger, but he had a good heart and just wanted to live a peaceful life. There were times he felt completely alone and lost and he was more confused by others' not-so-nice behaviors. He would do what he had to do, but that didn’t mean he liked it.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? That God is there for me; he’ll be in my life if I want Him, and all I have to do is open my heart to Him and ask. Also, it’s okay to ask for help if and when you need it, and it doesn’t mean you are weak.

Liam, thanks so much for this incite into your character and Rage. Now, it's time to chat with Linda.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer and why? It would be quite difficult for me to choose only a few movies or books. There have been more than I can count that have encouraged me, and given me a strong desire to write. Between watching and reading romance, romantic comedies, suspense, and mystery movies and books most of my life, I’ve had a plethora of thoughts roaming my brain. I always knew I wanted to write stories; I just never had the time to focus only on writing.
Also, it takes a certain amount of dedication and life experiences, in my opinion, to bring some reality into stories. I don’t like to do something half way. If I was going to write, it was going to be full-time. My intent was to give it all of me, and that’s what I feel I am able to do now.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? My ability to understand pain, and loss, and an understanding of living each day to its fullest, is what I feel I carried with me into my stories. When you are faced with life and death in more ways than one, it forms you in a way you can’t explain. It gives you a certain insight, a different perspective on what you value the most. It helps you deal with events in your life in a more positive way, and hopefully helps you live each day appreciating your blessings and the fact that you have that day.
     The gift to me is living my life on my terms, but being productive as well as thoughtful to those around me, and not allowing someone else to put restrictions on me. I feel the characters in my stories live their lives in this manner. They don’t live in that neat little box that society has set for them, and though they may initially struggle, they eventually realize it’s their life and no one can put limitations on them unless they permit it.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I found Class Act Books (CAB) from searching for small publishing houses online. I felt my novels would not get lost for months with trying to get published with a small house, and the process might be faster. Since there was a new owner of CAB and they were doing well and hadn’t had any issues during the previous two years, I decided to submit my first novel in my series to them.
What project[s] are you working on now? I have a few ideas in mind to begin another book. At the moment, I’ve just completed two novels—one a romance/suspense, and another a murder mystery.
What's up next for you? I’ll be working on editing the two books I’ve just completed, and attempt to get them both published in 2017. In the meantime, I hope to have my new story idea near completion.

Here's a little more about today's guest:
Linda is from Connecticut and after years of writing and editing for others, raising a family, and over twenty years of running her own businesses, Linda decided to tackle her first fiction novel entitled Rage, which began as a single book. Eventually, the novel became a trilogy, and finally a much longer series. All the books are a part of The Marcy Series, a romantic suspense series, of which there are currently six novels.

Find out more about Linda at:
Website is lindaburson.com 
Twitter: @lindaburson23

Buy Links:
Also available at the publisher’s website: www.classactbooks.com









9 comments:

  1. Interesting interview. I love character and author interviews, you learn so much more about the book and the writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I hope you find it intriguing enough to read the series. Thanks for commenting.

      Best wishes for the new year.

      Linda

      Delete
  2. Excellent interview! Liam sounds like an awesome hero, and Rage sounds like a great read. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you., Alicia. Liam is fantastic as a hero. I'm completely head over heels for him. I hope you decide to find out why and join us!

      Happy New Year.

      Linda

      Delete
  3. Good wishes. Liam sounds like every woman's dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Virginia. He is and more than that! I hope you consider finding out his charms on your own.

      Many Blessings in 2017.

      Linda

      Delete
  4. Many thanks to Tena, Alicia and Virginia for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment.
    I'm sure Linda appreciates the support as much as I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dear,
    I See Your Blog Daily.
    Your Blog Is Very Useful For Me
    And I Like So Much..
    โกลเด้นสล็อต-Golden-Slot
    บาคาร่-Baccarat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dear,
    I See Your Blog Daily.
    Your Blog Is Very Useful For Me
    And I Like So Much..
    โกลเด้นสล็อต-Golden-Slot
    บาคาร่-Baccarat

    ReplyDelete