Monday, March 13, 2017

Meet Player-Architect Nick Morgan

. . . When Sophie Barnes’s fiancé jilts her at the altar, her carefully planned life implodes. Considering her ex’s betrayal to be a rude wake-up call, she leaves everything she knows in San Diego and flees to Laguna Beach. She vows to transform her life by avoiding men for a year and by fulfilling her dream of writing a wildly successful novel.
. . . Sophie’s new landlord, Nicholas Morgan, is a gorgeous, successful architect with a player reputation. He makes it tough for Sophie to remember that she’s sworn to be single. Nick’s avoided the intimacy of a long-term relationship--until Sophie’s independence, courage, and beauty touch his guarded heart. Both Sophie and Nick are terrified of being hurt again, but can they resist the pull of true love?


This week Wild Women Authors welcomes Claire Marti author of Second Chance In Laguna, her first release out of the Wild Rose Press. First up is architect Nick Morgan.
Where are you from? Laguna Beach, California
Tell us a bit about Second Chance In Laguna: It’s the story of how meeting Sophie Barnes jolted me out of my comfortable life. Before Sophie, I’d never needed a woman before. Casual dating was perfect. My focus was on my career as an architect, my friends, and my close relationship to my only living relative, my little sister Alyssa.
What did you think the first time you saw Sophie Barnes? She literally stole my breath away.
Interesting. And your second thought? How soon could I convince her to go out with me.
Good one, Nick. Was it love at first sight? I don’t know about love at first sight. I just know she was different than any other woman I’d met before. I needed to see her again, needed to get to know her.
What do you like most about Sophie? Her courage and her passion. Her big blue eyes kill me.
How would you describe her? She’s smart, she’s clever, she’s beautiful, she makes me smile, and she isn’t afraid of anything or anyone.
How would Sophie describe you? The perfect man. Ha ha. Well, maybe the perfect man for her.
What made you choose architecture as a career? My father was an architect and I wanted to follow in his footsteps. I had a knack for design and love the idea of creating lasting landmarks.
What is your biggest fear? Letting life pass me by.
How do you relax? Surf, spend time with Sophie, and hang out with my dog Bailey.
Who is your favorite fictional character? Howard Roark from The Fountainhead because he was a trailblazing architect who followed his dreams.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Life is too short to be afraid of taking a chance and being vulnerable.
Thanks for taking the time to speak with us, Nick. Now it's Claire's turn at bat.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer?
I’ve always been a bookworm and pilfered a few of my mom’s historical bodice rippers when I was ten years old. I love to be transported. I love Ernest Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Ayn Rand. Then, I love romance, especially stories by Nora Roberts and Kerrigan Byrne. I prefer comedies and romantic comedies for films. Romance is my preferred genre because I want a happy ending.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? My ex-fiancé was a serial cheater and I lived that betrayal. It wasn’t hard for me to pull up the emotions Sophie experienced with her ex-fiancé jilting her at the altar.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? The Wild Rose Press is my publisher. On my journey to publication, I queried a variety of romance publishers and found The Wild Rose Press to be the best fit for my Finding Forever in Laguna series.
What project[s] are you working on now? I’m working on revisions with my editor on Book Two in the series and moving from first draft to second draft on Book Three.
What's up next for you? After I finish this series, I’m going to branch out into historical romance.
To learn more about Claire Marti and the stories she creates, go to:
Website: www.clairemarti.com
Twitter @clairepmarti
Facebook: www:Facebook.com/ClaireMartiAuthor
Goodreads.


To purchase Second Chance In Laguna, go to:




Claire brought along an excerpt from this delicious sounding second chance at love story:
Nick arrived right on time, looking gorgeous in faded jeans and a plain white t-shirt. How did he always manage to start the butterflies fluttering in her stomach? Just by standing there with the setting sun framing him? She was in trouble.


“Hi beautiful, ready to go?” He clasped her face in his hands and planted a soft kiss on her lips.


Returning his kiss, Sophie wound her arms around his neck and deepened it. She couldn’t resist. His strong arms wrapped around her waist, hugging her close to his broad chest.


“Mmmm, feel free to greet me like that every time I come over,” he said, lips curved up into a sweet smile.


Heat washed her cheeks and she returned his smile. “Let’s go. Prepare to be blown away by the movie snack of the century.”


Determined to keep things light and enjoy the movie before “the talk,” Sophie thrust down the lick of panic bubbling in her gut. She’d accomplished next to nothing all afternoon, instead wrestling with whether she needed to tell him about Doug.


The angel on her shoulder whispered to tell him because if they were going to have any kind of relationship, even a friends-with-benefits one, honesty and trust were vital.


The devil urged her to zip it. They’d only known each other a few weeks. What if he lived up to his “Player of Laguna” reputation and expected only a fun fling? Even though he seemed deeper than that. What if she scared him off with a premature talk?



35 comments:

  1. Loved the interview and excerpt. Getting to know characters this way gives another layer for the reader. Always fun to learn more about the author. Best of luck with Second Chance In Laguna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tena! It was so fun to do the interview this way.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the interview(s) and excerpt.
    Good luck and God's blessings on your book!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this— "How would Sophie describe you? The perfect man. Ha ha. Well, maybe the perfect man for her." Enjoyed the interview and excerpt. Sophie and Nick's story sounds great. Thanks for sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Nick is pretty perfect...in fact, one of the early critiques from the book was that he was too perfect. I had to work to make him more flawed. I wanted Sophie to have a perfect guy after her horrible ex. :)

      Delete
  4. I almost spit out my coffee when I opened up this post and saw my son's name as the hero, lol! However, my son is in law enforcement, though has been known to be a player. ;) Loved the interview and looking forward to your new book. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious Mary! Glad your son isn't an architect or we could have some issues...

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed hearing from Nick and learning about Sophie. Best of luck and wishing you many, many sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Mary!
    Claire congratulations and best wishes for mega success with your series💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your release! Loved the interview and excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. You're off to a great start. Sounds like a great story.
    Judy Gabriel writing as Judy Meadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy. I'm thrilled!

      Delete
  9. I think you have the blogging thing down pat. I have a few spots coming up. E-mail me at rochelleweber51@gmail.com (for now) and I'll send you an invitation to Signup Genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rochelle, thanks so much! I will!

      Delete
  10. Also, be sure to join Marketing for Romance Writers if you haven't yet. The deadline for the April newsletter is the 20th, so you should be able to submit your book if it came out in February or March or is coming out in April. But you have to be a member of the Yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your first blog appearance. You did an excellent job! The book sounds awesome. And, your hero sounds mega hunky. The Wild Rose Press is a great publisher to be with. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia. I pictured Nick as a cross between Chris Hemsworth and Brad Pitt at 33. With green eyes. Smokin'!!

      Delete
  12. Hi! Your book sounds great. I loved the interview with Nick! Especially his answer to how Sophie would describe him. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job of capturing the angst of new relationships. The pressure's up if you're really interested in the other party, but you don't know them well enough yet to know if it is the right time for this or that. Thanks for sharing your work and talent with us! And best wishes for your FINDING FOREVER IN LAGUNA SERIES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much MJ! I'm thrilled...

      Delete
  14. Claire, great interview and excerpt. Looking forward to a great read. Wishing you much success with this one and all upcoming ones. I see you're thinking of writing a historical and that's what I write, first for TWRP and now for PRP. Kat has hosted me several times on this blog and it's always so much fun to be on or to read what others are writing.So nice to meet you. Great job at blogging by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly, thanks so much. What time period do you write in for your historicals? And was it much more difficult incorporating the research or did it make it more fun?

      Delete
    2. Claire, I write in mid to late 1800's western America, but have recently been in a Medieval anthology(I love that period too and will be doing more of those too), and will be doing a Civi War one soon. You can't imagine what you learn and find out to be truth by doing research. But I have to pull back and get back to writing or I'd be there with my nose glued to the pages of research. So yes it takes me a bit longer to double check on things to make sure I haven't written something wrong for that time period, but It Is Fun. Good luck. If you ever want to chat, email me @ beverlywellsauthor@gmail.com

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much, so very much, to everyone who came out in support of Claire. The response has been phenomenal and we both appreciate it.
    Back to digging out from Stella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat! Stay warm. I won't tell you that it was 72 today here in San Diego...

      Delete
  16. Congrats on your first blog. You did a great job! I'll have to add this book to my TBR list, which grows daily. Hope you have tons of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dear,
    I See Your Blog Daily.
    Your Blog Is Very Useful For Me
    And I Like So Much..
    โกลเด้นสล็อต-Golden-Slot
    บาคาร่-Baccarat

    ReplyDelete