Monday, March 6, 2017

They're Back . . .

Sometimes fantasies turn out better than expected

     Charged with trespassing and indecent exposure on Erik Stenson's private beach, Carson and Josie Sandberg return to South Padre Island to take care of the ticket. However, their reunion with Erik is not what they expected. An invitation for a drink turns into a weekend of passion that fulfills fantasies and leaves all parties wanting to explore a threesome outside the bedroom. Will time, distance, and family issues stand in the way, or will they be surprised again? 

Wild Women Authors is delighted to welcome back Wild Rose Press author Anita Kidesu with Surprise Me Again, a sequel to her fabulous Candy Hearts short story out of the Scarlet Rose line, Surprise Me. This time she's brought Eric Stenson, the third party to this threesome, with her. First up is Eric.

Where are you from? South Padre Island
Tell us a bit about Surprise Me Again. I met Carson and Josie Sandberg in the short story, Surprise Me, at a bar. I had actually seen them while I was fishing off my private beach. They had trespassed on my land and found a place to . . . well, you can guess what they were doing. My sister called the police and had them arrested. I meet them again when they return to South Padre Island to attend court.
What did you think the first time you saw Josie Sandberg? She was gorgeous.
Works for us. And your second thought? I thought she was cheating on her husband, which ticked me off. Then Carson came in, and I realized they were playing a pick-up game with each other.

Was it love at first sight? More like I was intrigued. Love came later.

What do you like most about Josie? Her commitment to her husband and marriage. Then her commitment to both of us.
How would you describe her? Funny. Smart. Sexy. Lovely inside and out.
How would she describe you? I think she thinks or thought I was lonely. I hope she thinks I’m sexy.
What made you choose writing as a career? I think it chose me. I can’t even tell you how it all came about or where the idea came from. I just know that after my wife left me, I needed an outlet and writing seemed to be that for me. I was able to make her an evil person in the story and it seemed to help me cope.
What is your biggest fear? That Carson and Josie will leave me.
How do you relax? I love to fish, swim, read, and spend time with Josie and Carson
Who is your favorite fictional character? Tom Sawyer. As a kid I loved his adventures and pretending I was him.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Don’t worry what others think about me and my writing.
This has been great, Eric. You've given us and our visitors new insight to relationships of more than the usual one man-one woman and we thank you for that. Now it's time to chat with Anita.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? There are so many authors that I love reading: Kathleen Woodiwiss, LaVyrle Spencer, Susan Wiggs, Jude Deveraux. Their stories are so life-like, so real. I hope my writing evokes that in my readers. I don’t watch many movies.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I remember when our children were middle-schoolers. We were so busy with our jobs and the kids, I felt my husband and I were losing ourselves as a couple. I decided to try and spice things up.

In “Surprise Me,” there are two scenes that came from real life. The one where Josie and Carson are trying to find a place to park and end up at the end of their driveway. One night my husband and I went out and decided to go parking. We were so nervous about getting caught, we ended up at the end of our driveway. The other one is when Josie greets Carson at the door by throwing open her coat wearing next to nothing beneath it. Luckily in real life I hadn’t opened my coat as soon as I opened the door, because it was the neighbor boy.
What project[s] are you working on now? I just finished and sent off Carson and Josie’s twin sons’ story to my editor. I’m waiting to see if I get a contract.
What's up next for you? While I was writing the twin’s story, a female character popped up. I would like to write her story. Both the twins’ and her story are also menages.
Anita brought an excerpt from Surprise Me Again:

"What about you?" Josie said. "Have you ever been married?"
"I was. Years ago. It didn't last."
A flicker of sorrow passed over Josie's eyes. "Can you tell us what happened?" She frowned into her drink. "That is, if you want to."
"It's okay. I married Jessica about…” Hell how long had it been? Where had the time gone? "I guess nearly twenty years ago. Like you, we met in college, fell in love, married. Things were good for a few years."
Josie leaned to her side, allowing the waiter to place a plate before her. Ignoring her food, she folded her hands under chin and kept her attention on him. "What happened?"
"We wanted children. Jessica ached for children. It became an obsession." Eric took one of the large shrimp from the platter in the middle of the table and began peeling it with trembling fingers, giving him a chance to get his emotions under control. Lord, how he'd wanted children, but not enough to end his marriage.
"After a few years when we didn't conceive, we looked for answers. By that time Jessica was convinced she was the problem and fell into a deep depression. Nothing I did helped. She wouldn't agree to see a counselor. My mother finally convinced us to seek a fertilization doctor." Eric threw the shrimp on his plate and took a long swallow of beer. "Turns out I was the problem, not her. Seems those mumps I'd had as a kid did a number on my little swimmers. Killed them all."
"Hell, that's awful, man," Carson said while Josie placed her hand on Eric's.
Their sympathy nearly did him in. He swallowed around the lump in his throat and squeezed his damp eyes.
After all these years, the pain was still buried under his heart only to surface on dark, lonely nights and like now as he recounted the story. They were the first ones he'd opened up to. None of the other people in his threesomes had even cared to ask.
Carson took a sip of his beer. "What happened then?"
"I wanted to adopt. Wanted to create a family with Jessica. It didn't matter if the children were of our blood or not. The doctors had talked about in-vitro. Turns out Jessica didn't feel the same way." He took deep breath and tried to calm his pounding heart. He wiped his palms on his shorts.
"I came home one day with information on adoption and some on in-vitro fertilization only to find her and her stuff gone. She had left me a note, telling me she wanted children from her own body. Wanted to create them naturally. Didn't want to be married to a man who wasn't a man."
"The bitch," Josie said, her eyes filling with tears. "Oops, sorry. I shouldn't have called her that."
"Don't worry. I've called her that and worse."
"How the hell did you handle it?” Carson asked. “I would have been devastated if Josie had done that to me."
"I drank and buried myself in my writing. I wrote my first novel during this time."
"If I recall, that book was rather cutting against women," Carson said.
Eric shook his head and chuckled. "Yeah. I enjoyed killing off my heroine. Coincidentally, she closely resembled my ex."
"Did you get in trouble for it?" Josie asked, peeling her third shrimp.
"Since I use a pen name, I don't think she even knows I write. Besides, she was too busy finding another husband to father her eight children."
Carson choked on his beer. "Eight?"
"Yeah. She really did want kids, but I'm not sure I would have agreed to that many. I was also told she's gained about a hundred pounds." Under Josie's quiet scrutiny, he dropped his gaze to his plate.
"It still hurts, though, doesn't it?" Josie asked.
Eric shrugged. "It's not as bad as it was. I sometimes think about how I could have kids in college or be a grandfather by now."

To learn more about Anita Kidesu and the stories she creates, go to:
Website: www.anitakidesu.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AnitaKidesuAuthor
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/AnitaKidesu/
Blog: http://anitakidesu.wordpress.com/

To purchase Surprise Me Again, go to:

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me on your blog today. The interview was fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like great characters and a great story. If I ever thought about what a threesome would mean, I would have assumed it was only about sex. The emotional component you present is really intriguing. Thanks!
    Judy Gabriel writing as Judy Meadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the insight, Judy. You're absolutely correct about Anita's ability to infuse deep emotions into the threesome. That's what makes this story and its characters so interesting--and fun.
      Kat

      Delete
  3. Delightful interview, ladies. And an intriguing excerpt! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Barbara. We agree, interviewing the other man in the relationship brought a new aspect to the experience.
      Kat

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed the interview! I love how you share about a new character popping up while writing another story. Claire Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. I love it when secondary characters decide they want their own story.

      Delete
    2. Hi,, Claire
      this is such a fun interview. We enjoyed it as much as our visitors have.
      Kat

      Delete