Thursday, June 6, 2019

A New Fantasy Romance by Laura Strickland

The strength of one person’s love is sometimes enough…

Wild Women Authors focus on: Rum Paul Stillskin, a fantasy romance by Laura Strickland, a current release out of the Wild Rose Press.

BLURB:
Abandoned as an infant at the edge of Dartmoor, Rum Paul Stillskin does not know his true name or parentage, but it's clear he's not completely human. The old man who raises him calls him evil. The village children, who throw stones, whisper the word faery. Shunned by all, he finds comfort in his rude, native magic, and tells himself he doesn't need love. Until he meets Mallie Goodman, who sees in him a wild beauty he cannot see in himself.
As they grow into adulthood, the bond between Mallie and Rum Paul deepens. When a cruel fate separates them, Mallie promises she will return to him, however long it takes. Twisted by loss, his long wait turns Rum Paul into someone Mallie never knew.
When Mallie returns, will lies and betrayal keep him from recognizing her? Will he ever believe he deserves love?

EXCERPT:
You don’t know me,” I said.

Aye, and we don’t want to,” The tall boy declared. “It’s your sort come and turn the milk, make the dogs howl all night and the mare miscarry, so my dad says.”

I’d never met this boy’s dad and already I disliked him.

By now, I was on my feet and weighing my chances of breaking free. The tall boy might be bigger than me, but life with Sir had made me tough. If I could break through their circle, I thought I could outrun them. A big if.

How do you know it’s a faerie, George?”

Look at it. Too tall for a pixie, too pale for a brownie, and those ears, like Agnes says. Those ears are a dead giveaway.”

The other girl whispered, “Might be an elf.”

Something in her voice swiveled my head so I could look at her—she stood nearly behind me. Her voice sounded beautiful, like the wind over the moor when it’s feeling playful, or like one of the songs I sang to myself.

And I saw she was beautiful, with light brown hair streaked blonde by the summer sun, and gentle eyes.

But George denied it. “Nay—elves are pleasant-looking. Does that look pleasant to you, Mallie?”

Mallie. I tucked her name away in my heart.


To purchase Rum Paul Stillskin, go to:





A bit about our focus author:
Multi award-winning author Laura Strickland delights in time traveling to the past and searching out settings for her books, be they Historical Romance, Steampunk or something in between. Born and raised in Western New York, she’s pursued lifelong interests in lore, legend, magic and music, all reflected in her writing. Although she enjoys travel, she’s usually happiest at home not far from Lake Ontario, with her husband. Author of numerous Historical and Contemporary Romances, she is the creator of the Buffalo Steampunk Adventure series set in her native city.

To learn more about Laura, go to:




Twitter: @LauraSt05038951





22 comments:

  1. Thank you for welcoming me here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this book! Good luck, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandra! Rum Paul thanks you too.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the excerpt! Best of luck!
    Petie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed, Petie. THanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! Sounds very interesting and fun 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so good! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful excerpt - you can feel the angst and the love. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deb! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. Wow! I love the excerpt, Laura! Another winner! Wishing you continued success. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Mary Morgan, you're so kind!

      Delete
  8. Such a unique title. Love the story idea. Best of luck with sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CB. I love that twist in the tale!

      Delete
  9. What a heart wrenching excerpt. Congratulations Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The excerpt was beautifully written. This sounds like an imaginative book with lots of emotional moments. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness, Kara!

      Delete
  11. WOW an intriguing concept. I loved the blurb and excerpt! Best wishes for lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...sounds like an amazing read!
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete