Monday, December 23, 2019

Forever In a Moment

Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back author Charlotte O’Shay and Samantha DeMartino, heroine of her holiday romance from the Deerbourne Inn series novella FOREVER IN A MOMENT who will go first.
Where are you from? New York, New York. And please call me Sam.
Will do. Tell us a bit about FOREVER IN A MOMENT. The author, Charotte O’Shay, shares the story of how Jed Armstrong and I fell in love.
What did you think the first time you saw Jed? He looked like a stern, pissed off angel.
So not love at first sight? Ha ha. I didn’t think so at the time. But I have come to realize, fate played a role in our meeting that night in the blizzard. 
What do you like most about Jed? He’s soft spoken, supremely capable and patient. 
How would you describe him? Rugged, outdoorsy, athletic— the complete opposite of most of the guys I met in the city. 
How would he describe you? Talkative probably. Opinionated. Still, he tells everyone he fell in love with me at first sight.
What made you choose the law for a career? That’s kind of a sore subject with me. I realized I fell into the profession and when I met Jed and stayed in Willow Springs for a while, my dissatisfaction with my career became more obvious to me. I’ve now gone in a different career direction as a financial counselor and an adult ed/high school teacher and I couldn’t be happier.
What is your biggest fear? To die without ever having lived.
How do you relax? I used to find it tough to relax. But Jed and the people I met in Willow Springs have helped me find some balance between work and play. I love to cook and read, I’m learning to ski.
Who is your favorite fictional character? Okay I will admit something here but don’t judge me. My favorite fictional character is Sam I Am from Dr. Seuss “Green Eggs and Ham”. There’s a message to that story I finally took to heart.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
Don’t postpone joy. It came at the tail end of an argument I had with someone who’s now a good friend.

Thank you Sam. Now it's time to chat with Charlotte.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? The Wizard of Oz is my all time favorite. I’m also a Hitchcock fan. I admire how he crafted his movies.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I was lucky enough to find The Wild Rose Press through research and query. They are a fantastic small press with a wide range of quality fiction.
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile?
K. A. Tucker’s Wild at Heart. Lauren Layne’s Passion on Park Avenue.
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? Another Deerbourne Inn story called HOME IN YOUR ARMS involving Karla Payne and her second chance at love, in 2020. By the way, FOREVER IN A MOMENT is on sale for the holidays.







2 comments:

  1. "Don't postpone joy." Love that advice! Congratulations on the book, and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spit out my coffee when I read this: "He looked like a stern, pissed off angel."

    Enjoyed the interview! Your story is next on my tbr list, Charlotte. All the best and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete