Friday, March 20, 2020

For The Love of You

Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome back author Claire Marti who is celebrating the release of For The Love of You, Book 3 in her Pacific Vista Ranch series. With Claire is international soccer/football star, Gabriel DuVernay who will go first.
Where are you from? Sablet, France. It’s a small town in Provence.
Tell us a bit about For The Love of You. This book is about love, passion, and learning how to run toward what you want in life, instead of away from what you don’t. Add in a fake engagement and there’s plenty of fireworks.
What did you think the first time you saw Dylan McNeill?She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen with her fiery hair and enormous chocolate brown eyes. 
What was your second thought? She asked me to dance and her confidence blew me away.
Was it love at first sight? I’m not sure if it was love at first sight, but the moment we touched, electricity sparked through me. Our chemistry was explosive.
What do you like most about her? Her compassionate heart.
How would you describe Dylan? She s a passionate, talented, strong woman.
How would she describe you? She says I’m a Renaissance man with my athlete career, my love of reading philosophy, and my wine-making roots.
What made you choose football or soccer for a career? From the first time I kicked the ball as a little boy, the sport lit my heart on fire. I love the competition, the drive, the speed of the game.
What is your biggest fear? Not being able to choose my own path in life.
How do you relax? Ask Dylan.
Good one. Who is your favorite fictional character? I love mysteries, so the French cop Maigret who is very popular in French detective fiction.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? To live in the present moment.
Thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to speak with us. Now, we'd like to chat with Claire.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? Ernest Hemingway is my favorite writer and I’ve always wanted to follow in his footsteps. Everything by Nora Roberts inspired me to write romance. In terms of writing craft, I love Stephen King’s On Writing and Anne LaMott’s Bird by Bird.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Before my father immigrated to America from France, he played soccer for the French national team. Soccer was always big in our household. I spent most summers in France and loved sharing Gabriel’s French family. Also, my dad’s name is Rene, so Gabriel’s middle name is Rene.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? Pacific Vista Ranch is my first indie series and I’m loving the freedom and control of using cover designers and hiring my own editors and making all the profits!
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams. It’s a story about a bunch of guys in a secret book club to try to save their marriages––they are reading a Regency romance to see what women want.
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I’m writing a short story to be part of a Jingle Ball Anthology and it will feature Rafe Cruz, who is the brother of hero Jake Cruz in The Very Thought of You. Next, I’m returning to the manuscript I wrote last year featuring a chef heroine battling breast cancer and a neurosurgery resident hero. This book will be more Women’s Fiction/Mainstream fiction with a central romance. It’s close to the heart because I’m using my own breast cancer journey.


To learn more about Claire Marti and the story she creates, go to:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClaireMartiAuthor/


Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/clairepmarti


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clairepmarti


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Claire-Marti/e/B01N9VOWLL


To purchase For The Love of You, go to:
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3a95T7l


Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/for-the-love-of-you-7


iBooks: https://books.apple.com/us/book/id1494966200


B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/for-the-love-of-you-claire-marti/1136017914?




8 comments: