Thursday, August 13, 2020

Gelato Surprise by Sadira Stone

 Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome Sadira Stone as she celebrates the release of Gelato Surprise, a short erotic romance, part of the One Scoop or Two series out of the Wild Rose Press. First up is part-time carpenter, Matteo Verducci.

Good morning, Matteo, please tell us a bit about yourself, beginning with where you’re from. I grew up in Ocean View, Washington, a beach town not far from the Oregon border. I went to college in Seattle and lived there for a while, but now I’m back in Ocean View helping my uncle Salvatore run his gelato shop. Sal’s given me his garage to use as my workshop for my furniture upcycling business.

Tell us a bit about Gelato Surprise. This is the story of the summer romance that turned my life around. I’d come to believe I’d never find the kind of partner I wanted—warm-hearted, passionate, creative, someone who craves a simple, creative life—and she walked right into our gelato shop! She’s a little older than me, so it wasn’t easy convincing her to give us a chance, but—well, I’d better not spoil the ending.

What did you think the first time you saw Danielle? Mamma mia!

What was your second thought? Don’t make a fool of yourself.

Hah, good one. Does that mean it was love at first sight? You know, before Danielle, I’d have told you there was no such thing. Now, I’m a believer.

What do you like most about her? Her quiet strength and her generosity.

How would you describe her? Una dea—a goddess.

How would she describe you? Sweet and horny.

Man, you are full of them. What made you choose furniture upcycling as a career? Don’t get me started! We’re so wasteful, buying up cheap furniture that falls apart after a few years and ignoring beautifully crafted pieces that have gone out of style. I love giving new life by repurposing and redesigning well-loved classics. I get the satisfaction of making something beautiful and practical, something that becomes part of someone’s home.

What is your biggest fear? Getting sucked back into the rat race. It killed my father. I won’t let it claim me.

How do you relax? I live in a beach town, so Mother Ocean is there whenever I need to blank my mind and just breathe.

Who is your favorite fictional character? This’ll sound weird, but maybe Ellen Ripley in the Alien movies. She’s such a sexy bad-ass.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My uncle Sal told me, “Nipote (nephew), life is a banquet. Dig in and enjoy.”

This has been great fun, Matteo. Thank you so much. Now we’d like to chat with Sadira.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I love slow-burn, steamy romances with either friend-to-lovers or enemies/rivals-to-lovers, whether contemporary or historical. Some favorite authors: Tessa Dare, Courtney Milan, Sarah MacLean, Sonali Dev, Beverly Jenkins, Alicia Rai, Alyssa Cole, Olivia Waite… I strive to make my stories as polished and moving as theirs.

What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? A family member had to be the calm, mature one during her divorce and deal with her irresponsible ex’s revolving stable of girlfriends and attempts to spoil their child.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? Author Marie Tuhart, a friend from my local RWA chapter (Olympia, Washington) recommended The Wild Rose Press as a solid, professional small press. I’ve found them very supportive.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? So many! I’m reading Sarah MacLean’s Daring and the Duke. Up next: Adrianna Herrera’s American Sweethearts, and C.D. Gallant-king’s Psycho Hose Beast from Outer Space. He writes the most delightful horror-comedy.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I’m nearly finished with draft one of a steamy (of course) contemporary Christmas romance set in my hometown of Tacoma, Washington. This will be my first indie-published book and first in a series of at least four.

To purchase Gelato Surprise: which is on sale for 99 cents 8-28 August 2020 go to:

Amazon Barnes & Noble Apple Books Kobo Google Play Books

To visit Sadira Stone, to to:

Author Website Facebook Twitter Goodreads Bookbub Amazon Author Page Pinterest Instagram Author Newsletter







4 comments:

  1. Love the character interview. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting me today, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the book, Sadira!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun interview. I enjoyed getting to know Matteo. I have really enjoyed the One Scoop or Two series and this sounds like a great read. Congrats and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete