Monday, July 19, 2021

She Wakes the Night

           . . . A healer. A mysterious Untouchable. And a music-loving dragon must pay the price of hiding deadly secrets . . .

Wild Women Authors features author Darcy Carson and She Wakes the Night, Book 3 in the Dragons Return series, published by the Wild Rose Press, Fantasy Rose line. We’ll begin the festivities with heroine Trell Langois.  

Good morning, Trell. Tell us where you’re from. A town called Brenalin.

Tell us a bit about She Wakes the Night. It’s about me escaping a thousand-year-old curse. Being trapped as a tree wasn’t on my bucket list, but now I am able to my work as a healer. I’m traveling with my dragon, Torkel, looking for new cures to help others and on the way meet Gren, an unfortunate soul who suffers from a dreadful disease.

What did you think the first time you saw Gren Oyg Har? He was an Untouchable, a person afflicted with an incurable disease, think leprosy. He was being stoned by townspeople who wanted him to leave. 

What was your second thought? I’m a healer…maybe I could cure him. Or at least observe him and find a cure.

Did you feel it was love at first sight? No, more empathy than anything.

What do you like most about Gren? His unwavering attitude. Of course, I didn’t know [then] that he was in disguise.

How would you describe him? Before or after I discovered the truth? Handsome is only good on the outside. It’s what inside that counts.

How would Gren describe you? Bossy. I tried to order him around.

What made you choose to become a healer for your life’s work? I always had the aptitude and after being caught in a wayward spell as a tree for a thousand years, I was eager to see what lay around the next corner.

What is your biggest fear? Probably fire…something left over from eons as a tree.

How do you relax? When Gren plays his flute. I love listening to him.

Who is your favorite fictional character? Dragons…hee, hee, very few know that they’re real.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? When Gren said love me.

Thanks, Trell. It’s nice to meet the person behind the character in the book. Now we’d like to spend time with Darcy.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? Probably Jurassic Park. The special effects were absolutely believable.

What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? Don’t laugh…leporosy always scared me as a kid. I think I read James Mitchner’s Hawaii and a character developed it. Writing She Wakes the Night I did a lot of research into the disease and it actually helped get over my fear.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? A friend, Pam Binder, was contracted with The Wild Rose Press, Inc. and she encouraged me to submit the first book in the Dragons Return Series.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? Two by Christine Feehan.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? My current WIP is the fourth book in the Dragons Return series—Dragon of the Desert, about Kizzire, a female dragon who wants to be human. She has a lot to turn and so do I about dragons.

 To learn more about Darcy Carson and the stories she creates, go to:

Website:  https://darcycarsonbooks.com/

 Facebook:  https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr

 Instagram: https://www.amazon.com/Darcy-Carson/e/B016FXPGAO/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

 

To purchase She Wakes the Night, go to:

 Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Wakes-Night-Dragons-Return-Book-ebook/dp/B08VHQVYDT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=darcy+carson&qid=1613347015&sr=8-1

 Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/she-wakes-the-night-darcy-carson/1138765468?ean=9781509235032

 

 

3 comments:

  1. A thousand years as a tree would be tough to take! Sounds like a fascinating story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fantasy! Sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete