Monday, October 11, 2021

Arborview

 Wild Women Authors is pleased to feature author Karen Guzman as she celebrates the release of Arborview, a contemporary women’s fiction novel, published by the Wild Rose Press. First up is Ellen Cahill, recent divorcee and about to become pastry shoppe owner.

Good morning, Ellen. Tell us a bit about Arborview. It’s the story of my life up till now. It’s the ending of one chapter—a big chapter—and the beginning of a new one—one that feels more right, and more true, than I could have imagined. It’s about me, at the age of forty-eight, finally becoming myself.

What made you choose to become a pastry chef? It’s what I should have done when I younger, but I let the expectations of other people lead me astray. Creating pastry is an act of beauty and comfort in all too hostile world.

Knowing what you know now, if you had it to do over again, would you stick with being a pastry chef, or do something different? If I could do it again, I’d have become a chef in the first place. I’m finally at the right party now. I’ve just shown up a little late.

What is your biggest fear? Harm befalling my children, who are the love of my life.

Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Alice from Alice in Wonderland, because we all fall down rabbit holes occasionally.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Be Yourself. Everyone else is taken.

Good advice. Thank you Ellen for taking time away from We Rise. Now we like to speak with Karen.

With regard to research, where did you start for this novel? Did that lead you down different paths, thereby changing the original concept? The concept evolved quite a bit in terms of executive and narrative structure, but the core message of the book stayed the same.

Tell us a bit about your publisher. How did you hear about them; what influenced you to submit to them. What is the turn-around time from date of query to date of release? The Wild Rose Press is just a terrific publishing house. Everyone, from my editor to the cover design artist to the marketing team, was so inclusive and professional. They respected my vision for the story and helped me produce a book that I’m really proud of. And the community of authors is outstanding. We all support each other with promotions and posting reviews. It’s a very special group. Turnaround time from query to acceptance to publication was just a little more than one year.

What are you reading right now? Once There Were Wolves by Charlotte McConaghy

What's next for you? I’m working on a collection of short stories.

To learn more about Karen Guzman go to: www.karenguzman.com

To purchase Arborview, go to:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/arborview-karen-guzman/1140053868

 

https://www.thewildrosepress.com/book-post/arborview

https://www.amazon.com/Arborview-Karen-Guzman-ebook/dp/B09DNQH267/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&qid=1632415749&refinements=p_27%3AKaren+Guzman&s=books&sr=1-4

 

https://books.google.com/books?id=nOBDEAAAQBAJ&pg=PT172&lpg=PT172&dq=apple+books+karen+guzman+arborview&source=bl&ots=pgp5N-onJb&sig=ACfU3U2sP91yID2ykuadkBCEudy-765-GQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjAxceBx5XzAhXdF1kFHdKnAt8Q6AF6BAgOEAM#v=onepage&q=apple%20books%20karen%20guzman%20arborview&f=false

 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a tale I'd enjoy. Best of luck with your launch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a warm, thoughtful and thought provoking tale. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview...and I loved the excerpt. Congrats and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete