Thursday, November 18, 2021

Winter Storm by Ellie Gray

 She trusts everyone, he trusts no-one. As danger closes in, can they trust each other?

        Willow Daniels has a heart of gold and is willing to help anyone who needs it, but when she helps Ethan McCormick one snowy night, she may just have made the biggest mistake of her life. Trapped by a winter storm in a tiny, North Yorkshire village, Willow is forced to re-evaluate everything she believes in, and wonders if anyone is truly who they seem. 

Fate may have brought her to Ethan, but as danger closes in around them, Willow must draw on a strength she never knew she possessed in order to protect the man she has grown to love, not only against his worst enemy, but also against himself.

 Wild Women Authors is delighted to welcome multi-published British author, Ellie Gray, as she celebrates her second release with the Wild Rose Press, a sweet romantic suspense, Winter Storm. With Ellie is elementary school teacher, Willow Daniels who will go first

Good morning, Willow. Thank you for joining us. Let’s start with talking about where you are from. North Yorkshire in the UK

Tell us a bit about Winter Storm. It tells the story about how I got lost and ended up with an injured man hijacking my car. Believe it or not, I took him home and took care of his injuries. We then got snowed in and I ended up being stalked by a man with knife! It was one of the most frightening times of my life, but in the middle of all that, I also fell in love. So, Winter Storm, for me, tells the story of both the worst and best times of my life so far.

What did you think the first time you saw Ethan McCormick? He hijacked my car and held me a gunpoint, so it wasn’t your usual sort of meeting. My immediate feeling was one of fear.

Of course. What was your second thought? Even when he was holding me at gunpoint, he told me he was one of the good guys. And I believed him. He had a good aura.

Did you feel it was love at first sight? No, it wasn’t, but I knew there was something different amount him; something that attracted me to him.

What do you like most about Ethan? His goodness. He is kind, and protective. And there is just a hint of danger about him which I love.

How would you describe him? Ethan is someone who can take of himself, who has a strong sense of what is right and wrong. He doesn’t trust easily, but that’s maybe because of the job he does. He makes me feel safe.

How would he describe you? Hmm. I think he would describe me as far too trusting, someone who loves Christmas, and sees the good in everyone.

What made you choose teaching primary schoolers for a career? It’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I love the honesty of children, and love being able to positively support them to achieve their potential. I work in a school just a few miles from where I grew up, and I absolutely love what I do.

What is your biggest fear? Gosh, that’s a good question. I’m not sure that I have a ‘biggest fear’ to be honest – I’m a huge believer in fate, and in things happening for a reason. We have to deal with what we’re given at any time. That’s not to say that I don’t worry about things, or about people because I do – all the time. But I try and combat that by doing whatever I can to help – if I can do something about what I’m worried about, I will, but if I can’t I just have to trust that it will work out in the end.

How do you relax? Music! I have music playing all the time – and I have to admit to having an eclectic taste, and play whatever suits my mood at the time. I love watching movies too – anything with a happy ending!

Who is your favorite fictional character? Amelia Peabody – from the Elizabeth Peters novels. Amelia is a Victorian amateur sleuth who goes on adventures with her archaeologist husband. A clever and strong-minded woman who gets things done!

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Treat others as you would have others treat you.

Thank you, Willow, for spending time with us. Now we’d like to chat with Ellie.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? My mum died nearly four years ago and, having already lost my dad, I really struggled to find the enthusiasm and motivation to write. I wasn’t really reading at that point either. But my son bought me a book for Mothers Day – Winter Song by S. Jae-Jones. It was a book loosely based on an adult version of one of my favourite films – Labyrinth. The writing was achingly beautiful and lyrical, and it really motivated me to get back to writing myself.

What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? The scene where Willow is stalked through the school is based on an idea I’ve had ever since I was at secondary school. The school was, and is, a large, sprawling site with a lower and upper school site. I was always fascinated by the labyrinthine nature of the school – rooms leading off to other rooms and corridors. One of the corridors I remember had a strange recess, which I assume was intended to be boxed off to enclose wiring or cabling but had never been used, and therefore remained open on one side but from the front looked to be sealed. I had always imagined that this would be an excellent hiding place if I were ever to be chased through the school! I used this as a basis for Willow’s hiding place when she is being stalked by the hooded stranger.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I heard about The Wild Rose Press through fellow authors in the Romantic Novelists Association, and who were published with them. They talked positively about the publisher and so I looked at their website online. I was immediately struck by the positive and supportive approach outlined on the website, and it seemed that they would be a good fit for the type of books I write. I have to say that my experience with TWRP has confirmed the positive, supportive and incredibly respective relationship between myself as the author and everyone involved in the company.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? Gosh – so many. I try and read as many fellow Wild Rose Press authors as I can because I think it is important to support your peers and colleagues. I also try and mix up genres a little, so I am currently re-reading a Matthew Reilly book, and always have a Jane Austen on the go – currently this is Sense and Sensibility…. again.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I’m working on another romantic suspense novel, and also a contemporary romance. I’m hoping to have these out towards the end of next year.

To learn more about Ellie Gray and the stories she creates, go to:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elliegrayauthor

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/elliegray58

Pinterest:  https://uk.pinterest.com/elliegray71/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elliegray58


To purchase Winter Storm, go to: 

Amazon: mybook.to/WinterStormEGray

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/winter-storm-ellie-gray/1139990305

 

3 comments:

  1. Loved the interview! You are right, authors at TWRP are the best. Best on your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ilona - I really appreciate that. Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting Winter Storm, both Willow and I really enjoyed the interviews. Ellie

    ReplyDelete