Friday, June 2, 2023

Fatal Witness by Michele Godard-Richer

 Wild Women Authors features Michelle Godard-Richer and Fatal Witness, a contemporary psychological thriller and current release out of the Wild Rose Press. Up first is pre-school teacher, Jessica Miller.

Good morning, Jessica. Thank you for taking time to speak with us. What did you think the first time you saw Jon Kent? I was five years old when we first met at my Aunt Debbie’s farm. He was a gangly boy, three years older than me with a kind smile.

What was your second thought? He seemed nice enough, and he played hide and seek with me.

Do you feel it was love at first sight? As I got older and started to like boys, I realized I had a huge crush on him, but I was afraid to say anything because we’d been friends our whole life. I didn’t want to ruin our friendship.

What do you like most about Jon? He’s kind and goes out of his way to help people in little ways like fixing my old car and bringing me flowers.

How would you describe him? I remember the first time I saw him after we parted ways fifteen years ago. The day I fell in love with him all over again. His tall, lean body had filled out in a pleasing manner. And his shirt sleeves cut into large, sculpted arms set apart by a wide chest, and his jeans clung to bigger, stronger thighs, but the same boyish, clean-shaven face remained, more refined with a few wrinkles. His dirty-blond hair showed a few flecks of grey reminding me of how much time had passed since we parted ways. But his eyes and expression had changed. Those eyes were still the same shade of light blue but belied the carefree sense of happiness I remembered.

How would Jon describe you? He likes my blonde hair, and for some reason I can’t understand, he likes my freckles. I think he likes that I’m not high maintenance and hardly ever get my nails done.

What made you choose teaching preschool for a career? I love children and watching their awed expressions as they learn about the world around them.

What is your biggest fear? That David will catch me or my son Bryce.

How do you relax? I drink coffee and hang out with my son.

Who is your favorite fictional character? Aunt Debbie, she’s the toughest, bravest woman I know.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? To stop dwelling on my past loses and allow myself to be happy again.

Thank you again, Jessica. Now we’d like to chat with Michele.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? The first book I fell in love with was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. Then at far too young an age I started reading Stephen King.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? My son was the same as Bryce was when I started writing this series and some my own personal fears surface in this book.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I first came across the Wild Rose Press on an online list of publishers that accept direct submissions. So, I submitted to them and received amazing personalized feedback that eventually led to multiple contracts.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? So, so many. I’m addicted to books. I have an advanced copy of Grave Reaping Shrew by Everlyn Thompson that I’m looking forward to as well as Rescuing Jelly Bean by Nicki Pascarella

Last, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I have a duology of spring releases, Back in Time with Jelly Beans coming June 12, and Forward in Time with Jelly Beans coming June 19th.

Readers can follow Michele Godard-Richer in the following places:

Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/22332655.Michelle_Godard_Richer

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/michelle-godard-richer

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michellegodardricherauthor

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michelle-godard-richer-author

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/MGodardRicher

 

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you many sales of your new release, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your character interview. Best with sales and congrats on new release.

    ReplyDelete