Monday, June 5, 2023

Just Call Me Confidence by Stella Grae

 Wild Women Authors features Stella Grae and Just Call Me Confidence, a contemporary erotic romance published by the Wild Rose Press. First up is copyeditor, Jenna Craig.

Good morning, Jenna. Thanks for taking time out to speak with us. Let’s begin with where you are from. I am from Kinweld, Tennessee, a small mountain town right outside of Knoxville.

Tell us a bit about Just Call Me Confidence. It is the book that proved to me that I still have “it.” After a midlife divorce, I needed to rebrand and refine my confidence. Sex appeal (like beauty) is in the eye of the beholder, so I try not to get caught up in looking young. I want to get caught up in being confident with who I am. It’s never too late to go after what you want!

What did you think the first time you saw Collin? The first time I saw Collin I thought my undergarments would spontaneously combust! I’m not much on “love at first sight” because it sounds like a good way to lose your vision. When I took a swan dive into his confident blue eyes, though, I knew I had to have him physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. He awakened something inside of me that I thought I might not ever experience again—love.

What was your second thought? My second thought was about my then-boyfriend Travis and having to give him up. But then a pang of guilt hit because he really liked me, and I really liked just sleeping with him. Not that I didn’t enjoy being with him, but he was a fling. He’s handsome, fun, has a hot body. In all sincerity, Travis is a great guy, just not right for me for the long haul.

Do you feel it was love at first sight? I wasn’t exactly sure—I’m a jaded lady when it comes to affairs of the heart, but…there was something about him that made me drop my walls. He made me feel safe, respected, sexy, excited, and worthy of all the love that it seems like I’ve given and given without return on the investment. Collin gives it back in spades.

What do you like most about him? I think what I like most about Collin is his ability to make me feel vulnerable without feeling broken or weak. I trust him—with everything.

How would you describe him? Handsome, confident, witty, sexy, smart, toned…very toned and muscular from all that swimming.

How would he describe you? He would say I’m beautiful, kind, caring, smart and a smartass, adventurous, and how could I leave out confident as hell?

What made you choose editing for a career? I think editing chose me, not the other way around. I’ve always had a big imagination, and I really enjoy helping other people. As a kid I was a bookworm and lived for a time with my grandmother, a librarian. We’d spend afternoons reading and talking about Harlequin romances. I was hooked—on the love of books!

What is your biggest fear? I think my biggest fear would be doing life without my bestie, Fielding. This is best friend love at its finest. We laugh a lot at the pains in life, which is something I highly recommend.

How do you relax? I like to go to concerts with Fielding and hanging out with Collin.

Who is your favorite fictional character? My favorite character of all time is Edward from the Twilight series. The way he felt about Bella…that’s how Collin feels about me, and it takes my breath away every time. Edward is handsome, smart, resourceful, attentive—swoon city! Collin shares those same qualities, which is why I love him so much.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Live in the moment and love who you are!

Thank you for spending time with us, Jenna. Now we’d like to chat with Stella.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I read a lot of Greek mythology, which is full of the naughty bits; teachers just have to gloss over them. The Twilight series has also had a profound impact on my career. Meyer couldn’t have written a love any hotter—but her real brilliance was letting the characters develop a sense of self, especially Bella. The love scene in a book that I thought I’d never get over was between Jacob and Marlena in Water for Elephants. I think I’m a sucker for the older woman, younger man dynamic.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? So, this will be an interesting answer because most authors pull some part of themselves into a work, even if it’s just their own personal fantasies. Just Call Me Confidence and its sequel, which I’m working on right now, were both born of a failed relationship. I was lonely in the relationship, but didn’t want to do anything stupid, so I created characters and situations that were based a little on reality but twisted them to create the kind of relationship that I actually had wished I’d had. Instead of doing the wrong thing, I wrote it.

          The relationship fizzled, but fortunately, the plot sizzled. Once the relationship ended, I went through the “chrysalis in a crisis” that Jenna talks about in the book and came out a much more confident person. However, I never was sure about publishing erotica, but as it turns out, I was a solid erotica writer, but write under a pen name. Maybe a handful of people know, so it’s a naughty secret my readers will have to keep for me!

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? On the heels of the failed relationship, I opened up a writing newsletter and saw a call for submissions. I did a little research, liked what I saw, and my editor asked for the piece. I really liked to idea of having an editor who prioritized communication. It is the bedrock of every good relationship!

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? There are lots of Wild Rose Press books, Finding Tiegan and The Lady of the Mirrored Lake. I also want to read some Gemma James. I follow her on IG and her posts are so spicy I have to get some reading done!

Last, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I’m currently working on the sequel to Just Call Me Confidence, tentatively titled, The Cheaters’ Club. Fielding is having some growing pains and in an attempt to save her, Jenna is wondering if love can really last. I suspect it will be 18-24 months before it’s out. I’ll keep the fans updated on IG and my site, of course.

To learn more about Stella Grae and the stories she creates, go to:

Website: https://stellagraeerotica.weebly.com/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sgraeerotica/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SGraeErotica

AllAuthor: https://stellagraeerotica.allauthor.com/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/159637845-stella-grae

Email: stellagrae@proton.me

Amazon Central Author Page:

https://www.amazon.com/author/stellagraeerotica

To purchase Just Call Me Confidence, go to:

Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/just-call-me-confidence-stella-grae/1142958506?ean=9781509248223

Amazon: https://a.co/d/iY2aojG

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great story! Best pf luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic interview, everyone! It was great meeting Jenna and 'greater' to get to know Stella better. Congratulations on the release and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete