Thursday, June 29, 2023

Tremors Through Time by Anastasia Abboud

In the infinite vastness of time—past, present, future, past—love prevails.

         She's made mistakes and paid the price, but Deidre Chisolm is no quitter. She'll never again be a fool for a man, not even her gorgeous new neighbor with his haunted eyes and strange accent. She'll be friendly, but nothing more.

Lachlann has to go back to fourteenth-century Scotland. He can't forsake his family, his son. But when a beautiful, kind, funny lady buys the house next door, he's never been so drawn to anyone in his life.

Would she believe his story? After years of struggling through nightmares and flashbacks, headaches and illiteracy, dare he ask her to help him return?

 Wild Women Authors features author Anastasia Abboud and Tremors Through Time, a time travel romance recently released by the Wild Rose Press. Joining Anastasia is Lachlann An Damh who will go first.

Good evening, Lachlann. Thank you for joining us. Let’s begin with where you are from. The Highlands of Scotland, in the 1300s.

What did you think the first time you saw Deidre? She looked beautiful and achingly sad.

That’s lovely. What was your second thought?  Her tears woke something in me, made me aware of something besides my own dark fog of misery.

Was it love at first sight? Aye, although I didn’t realize it at the time.  But I could never feel anything else for Deidre. I’ve loved her – and will love her -- forever.

What do you like most about her?  Everything.

How would you describe her? Smart, funny, kind. She’s completely beautiful and the best, most essential part of my soul. Deidre means everything to me.

How would Deidre describe you? I hope she would say trustworthy, sexy, and the love of her life.

What made you choose farming for a career? My family had been farmers for generations, but that’s not the only reason. Growing things comes naturally to me. I love it.

What is your biggest fear? Losing Deidre.

How do you relax? Working in the kitchen garden and doing anything with Deidre.

Who is your favorite fictional character? I’m not much of a reader. I wasn’t literate when I fell into this century and now, when I read, it’s mostly journals and articles about farming.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? When I was a child, my mother told me that the only true freedom is inside us. I believe that, but sometimes it’s hard to remember. The world, in any century, suffers so much chaos. It helps when I recall Deidre’s insistence to focus on the present moment. Those words of wisdom, from the two most important women in my life, have often helped me hold it together.

That is very profound, Lachlann. Thank you for sharing it with us. Now we’d like to chat with Anastasia.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? Several years ago, Julie Garwood’s romances set in the Scottish Highlands revived my interest in romance and introduced me to a whole new genre/subgenre.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? There is not one specific thing. But loss, well, we’ve all experienced it in one way or another. It can leave a person feeling completely and utterly bereft, especially death. At my age, many loved ones have passed away. It does not get easier, but a sense of timelessness, that the soul is eternal, and certainly faith, helped me through those losses. I tried to give my characters, particularly Lachlann, who has lost so much, both empathy and hope.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? My wonderful publisher is The Wild Rose Press. I placed in a writing contest and the prize was to be able to submit my manuscript to them. They accepted! I was thrilled because I’d heard good things, and I was not disappointed. It’s been a great experience.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? Even my “short TBR” is long at the moment – too long to share the list here. I am behind in my reading! But I have a delicious collection of romances and cozy mysteries to look forward to.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? Thank you for asking! I’m working on All Shook Up, the next book in my Tremors Through Time series. I’m not quite sure when it will be ready, but I hope by this fall and certainly before the end of this year. A bit late, but oh, so worth it!

 Here’s an excerpt from Tremors Through Time:

Lachlann sauntered across Deidre’s driveway just as she was locking her front door. She turned toward him, smiling. He froze. She was wearing a saffron-colored leine, or tunic, underneath a blue, fitted surcoat. He should have known! She was a woman from his own time. His heart and head began to pound as he stared at her.

“Lachlann?” Deidre’s voice reached him, soft and hesitant. “Don’t you like my costume?”

Costume. Of course, it was a costume. He struggled to regain his voice as his heart rate calmed. “It’s great,” he managed, giving himself a mental shake. Fool!

“Thank you,” she replied, her voice still uncertain. She looked at him inquiringly. “I surprised you, didn’t I? I’m sorry. I should’ve warned you. I like to wear something fairly authentic in case I run into some of my students.”

“You do look authentic.” He managed a wink. “Bonnie as well.”

She blushed. “You’ve probably seen lots of costumes like this in Scotland.”

“Not so many, and none in Texas.”

It was a wonder to him that he was still standing. Her costume, as she called it, was perfect. She might have fallen through time like himself. It was an even greater wonder that he had not yet carried her off to bed. He’d never wanted anyone as he wanted her.

Now, dressed in such a familiar manner, she suddenly seemed more tangible than ever. She looked magnificent, the clothing emphasizing her generous breasts and hips, her deep red tresses flowing freely down her back.

His mouth went dry as he wondered how he might persuade her to dress like this more often.

Their eyes met. To hell with time.

He stepped toward her.


To learn more about Anastasia Abboud, go to:

Author links: Website  Amazon  Twitter  Instagram  Goodreads

 

To purchase Tremors Through Time, go to: Amazon  B&N

 

 

 

 


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful review! I'm really looking forward to your next in the series, Anastasia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy writing! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete