Sunday, July 23, 2023

A Wylder Homecoming by Evelyn Timidaiski

 Stetsons, Mustangs, and Romance.

      A destroyed career, a rundown ranch, and a beautiful horse whisperer, jumpstart Hayden Wilcoyt’s dream of capturing wild mustangs to create a new breed of horses. His job is doubly dangerous as someone uses gunfire to stop work on the ranch. His relationship with Ginny Hampton, the woman he inherited with the ranch, is complicated. Can they work out their differences and build a dream together?

     Native American, Ginny Hampton has secrets. A runaway at fourteen, she is befriended by Hayden’s great-grandfather. The tragedy of her past overshadows how she deals with people. She must overcome her past before she can pursue her attraction to Hayden. Misunderstandings and lack of trust threaten their budding relationship.

 Wild Women Authors feature author Evelyn Timidaiski as she celebrates the recent release of A Wylder Homecoming, a contemporary romance and part of the Wylder West series published by the Wild Rose Press. With Evelyn is Hayden Wilcoyt who will go first.

 Good morning, Hayden. Let’s begin with where you are from. I’m from Virginia but I travel a lot and just use that as an address. I’m now in Wyoming and plan to stay permanently.

 Tell us a bit about A Wylder Homecoming. It is about me, an ex-Navy SEAL starting over after a severe injury. I inherited a run-down ranch from my great-grandfather whom I never knew, and decided to build a business, breeding Mustangs and Morgans to create a new breed of horse.

What did you think the first time you saw Ginny Hampton? The first time I saw her, she’d just shot me. I thought she was beautiful and full of spit and vinegar.

That’s a rather unique way to meet a woman. What was your next thought? After my first reaction, I felt an immediate attraction and knew I was in trouble.

Was it love at first sight? I don’t think it was love but lust at first sight. Love came over time.

What do you like most about her? I like Ginny’s strength. She ran the ranch before on a shoestring but kept it going. She’s tough. I like that.

How would you describe Ginny? She is passionate about everything, but especially the horses. She pours everything into what’s she doing. Plus, she’s beautiful inside and out.

How would she describe you? She would probably say that I’m bossy and hardnosed. She’s right.

What made you choose the military for a career? I joined the Navy to get away from home. When I excelled and went into SEAL training, I knew I’d made the right choice. I can’t do that now. I’ll have to find a way to adjust.

What is your biggest fear? I’m afraid that I’ll fail. It’s not just my well-being on the line. The people who work for me depend on my success.

How do you relax? I like to have a cold beer and relax with some old-time rock.

Who is your favorite fictional character? My favorite character is Jean-Luc Picard. He is authoritative, intelligent, and engaging.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? My commanding officer told me to not get so focused that you miss the little things. I’ve had some time during my recovery to see the little things I’ve missed.

Hayden, we thank you for taking time away from the ranch to speak with us. Now we’d like to chat with Evelyn.

What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I think that Gone with the Wind gave me a romantic heart. I love the work of Kathleen Woodiweiss and Nora Roberts. I especially like the JD Robb books.

Is there an event in your private life that you were able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel?  I recently lost one of my beloved dogs. It helped me to bring real emotions to Ginny with the loss of the baby horse.

Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? My publisher is The Wild Rose Press. They are easy to work with and do a great job producing a quality book. I heard about them from a friend in my writing group.

What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? I’m currently waiting for the newest J. D. Robb book which is coming out in August.

Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I have one book, A Flame Rekindled, which is  currently in galleys. I hope it will be out this winter.

I would love to hear from readers. You can reach me at:

www.evelyntimidaiskiauthor.com

https://www.facebook.com/emtimidaiski.author/

 

A Wylder Homecoming can be found at:

Amazon.com : A Wylder Homecoming by Evelyn Timidaiski.

https://www.kobo.com/au/en/ebook/a-wylder-homecoming

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment