Monday, October 30, 2017

Wild Women Focus on First Contact and author Kat Green

. . . . Sloane Osborne is a paranormal realtor in the business of selling haunted houses but, in truth, she’s only searching for one ghost. And her time is running out. It’s the 366th day after her fiancé’s death.
. . . . Michael used to like putting things off for “a year and a day”—so tonight’s the night. Sloane will do anything to make contact with him before the clock strikes midnight. When she gets a call to check out a home in Waukesha, Wisconsin, it’s the last place she thinks Michael would contact her.
. . . . Sloane is dead wrong.

Wow. Wild Women Authors focus on Sloane Osborne from First Contact, a paranormal suspense by author Kat Green, published by the Wild Rose Press. First up is Sloane.
Where are you from? I’m a bit of a nomad, I’ve lived in five states. There is nowhere I really call home.
Tell us a bit about First Contact: I lost my fiancé in a car accident a year and a day ago. With everything, he told me to wait a year and a day. So tonight’s the night. I’m a ghost hunter and I’m not going home until I find him.
What did you think the first time you saw Michael? He was jaw-dropping gorgeous. Michael and his friend Jonah saw me first at the bar. They flipped a coin and Michael came over to talk to me. The rest is history. I was lucky to have two best friends, because dating Michael meant I also got Jonah. I love them both. 
What was your second thought? I was a little tipsy to tell you the truth, so I really don’t remember…haha!
Been there, done that. Was it love at first sight? No, I fell in love with him.
What do you like most about him? His brain. Michael was a smarty-pants!
How would you describe Michael? I try not to think about him anymore since I lost him, it hurts too much.
Understandable. How would he describe you? He always said I was his soul mate.
What made you choose being a paranormal real estate agent as a career? To find Michael! I had to see him one more time.
What is your biggest fear? Dehydration.
How do you relax? I have Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. I never get to relax.
Who is your favorite fictional character? Duh! Mickey Mouse.
Good one. Last one: what is the best piece of advice you ever received? Follow your heart.
Thanks for spending time with us, Sloane. Now we'd like to talk to Kat deFalla, the “Kat” part of Kat Green.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? The Sixth Sense. Ghost. Constantine. Poltergeist. Oculus.
Love, love, love all your choices but what event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I lived in a VERY haunted house. We had a team of investigators come. Things got worse. We eventually had a Native American shaman come. She cleansed the house, but told us to leave.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I publish as Kat de Falla with The Wild Rose Press and brought them this Haunts for Sale series that I co-write with author Rachel Green. They bought the series and we are eternally grateful!
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? Ashantay Peter’s latest tome Lovers by Midnight. Her characters never fail to stick with me!
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I’m finishing up my first contemporary romance…Not for Me which should be available before Christmas.

Kat brought along an excerpt:
     "Hello?" Sloane's voice was tentative, even to her own ears. It was one thing to talk to Michael, but he was a ghost she known in life. It was another to start a conversation with a dead stranger. "Can you hear me?"
     The woman didn't turn, her whole body focused on the next drop of water until it had floated through her hand again. The woman sighed, sitting back on her heels as she watched the wall. "Water," she rasped. "Do you have any water?"
     "I'm sorry. I don't have anything." Sloane said. "I tried to give you water last night, but no one drank it."
     "What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to be here!"
     The woman's voice was so raspy Sloane could barely hear her. She turned her head slowly as though removing her gaze from the little bit of water seeping through the stone was painful. When her gaze finally rested on Sloane, her eyes were dark black pits, swirling with tiny dancing lights.
     Sloane stepped back involuntarily, then gathered her courage to approach the apparition. She could sense the poor girl wasn't dangerous. She was trapped here as much as Sloane was herself. "I found the secret door and got pushed in." Sloane said. "Then the door shut behind me and I couldn't get out."
     "Ah, you must have been at Alvin's house," the woman rose to her feet. "Not a safe place to be. Though nothing about this area is safe."

We love our readers and always want to hear your ghost story! Contact Kat Green at:



Grab First Contact on Amazon:

Continue the series with Second Sight:



12 comments:

  1. What a haunting concept! I love this one. Good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That excerpt definitely makes me want to keep turning pages to find out what happens! Congratulations 😱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy it Charlotte and the audio book is coming out soon!

      Delete
  3. Fun interview. Can't wait to listen to the audio book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The audio book is doing great - I hope you have a chance to check it out!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a truly touching story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...we think so! Appreciate you stopping by Judi!

      Delete
  5. As a kid, I loved ghost stories. And my first novel was a ghost story. Love your realtor idea! Your story sounds intriguing.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are as scared of ghosts as the next guy - but it sure is fun to write! Thanks Sandra!

      Delete
  6. Wow what a great way to finish off the haunting month of October! Love Halloween and this story sounds just up my alley. On my way to check it out! Wishing you great success with you book!!!

    ReplyDelete