Monday, July 30, 2018

Featuring Immortal Justice and Faith V. Smith



. . .Over a millennium ago, Highlander Darach MacRath was murdered. . . . Resurrected by the Archangel Michael to fight demons as an Immortal Executioner, Darach now opposes all evil in the mortal world. His life is solitary—but when he rescues a young woman who not only sees demons but battles them herself, he is captivated by her courage and beauty.
. . . Abigail Dupree is not looking for love. But when a tall, dark demon fighter with a sexy brogue intervenes in her hunt, she’s fascinated. She should run away—but then his gentle yet sizzling touch ensnares her heart.
. . . When a demon from Darach’s past sets his sights on Abby, Darach will do anything to protect her—but for Abby, losing him would be worse than death. Together they must fight the demons of past and present, and the possibility that evil could destroy them both, before they find the gift of love.

Wild Women Authors is pleased to welcome an author who is “new” to us, but we're sure will return again and again with her amazing characters: Faith V. Smith, creator of Immortal Justice. She's brought along the charming Darach MacRath. We'll let him speak for himself.
Where are you from, Darach? I was born and raised in the Highlands of Scotland but for the last decade or so I have lived in New Orleans
We see from the blurb above what Immortal Justice is about but what did you think the first time you saw Abigail Dupree. That the mortal woman had lost her mind trying to fight a demon by her wee self. 
What was your second thought? How courageous and beautiful she was.
Did you feel it was love at first sight? I ken I felt something for Abby, and the something grew into so much of a miracle for me.
What do you like most about her? I like how Abby cares about others, albeit sometimes she allows her heart to get her into trouble.
How would you describe her? My Abby is a wee little thing. And her silver-blonde hair can turn a man's head, even an immortal's, but it is the blue of her eyes that caused me to drown with their depths.
How would she describe you? She will tell ye, I am overbearing, chauvinistic, over protective, and others things I am sure.
What made you take Immortal Executioner for a career choice? I dinnae choose it, it chose me, or so the Archangel Michael told me. After being murdered I woke up in Heaven, and was told I would be fighting demons on earth.
What is your biggest fear? Losing Abby. I dinnae ken what I would do without her.
How do you relax? Sitting at home with Abby, and then having a drink of good Scottish whiskey while I am sharpening my sword.
Who is your favorite fictional character? I truly cannae say. I stay too buy fighting demons to think about fictional people.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Michael told me I should learn patience. My wife agrees.

Darach and Faith brought along an excerpt of Immortal Justice:
     “Ye willna be needing a weapon, I will protect ye.”
     His statement irritated Abby, but at the same time a part of her was just a tiny bit thrilled. It seemed immortal or not, a man always had the attitude of protecting the little woman—whether they needed it or not. Of course to be fair, he had saved her butt from the demon, but he needed to know she wasn’t some frightened babe in the woods.
     “I beg to differ. If I’d had a knife I could have done some serious damage, and besides, you can't protect me twenty-four-seven, Darach.”
     “Ye will be protected at all times, Abby.”
     “You’re missing the point. Maybe I don’t need a keeper. I have managed to take care of myself for over…” Abby decided he didn’t really have to know she was over thirty. “And what about when you’re asleep? You do sleep don’t you?”
     Darach frowned, but answered, “Aye, I do sleep, but ’tis usually during the daylight hours. However now I will be sleeping at night in your bed with ye.”

Wonderful. Thank you, Darach for spending a bit of time with us. We'd now like to switch our attention to Faith.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? I think watching the Sword and the Sorcerer years ago, had me falling for long-haired, handsome heroes. And Kathleen Woodiweiss' The Wolf and the Dove, which was my first full length historical romance, caused me to plummet even harder into the world of tough, scarred, heroes.
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? I wrote this book about 4-5 years after my husband died. I could totally relate to losing a loved one.
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? Wow, my friend Nicola Martinez told me about The Wild Rose Press. They were so sweet and gave excellent feedback. It made me feel like I was an author, the way they treated me, even though I'd had other books published with them, It is always a wonderful experience.
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? I have several suspense novels on my TBR, one which is by author Eliza March, Across a Crowded Room.
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? I am currently working on the 4th book in my Bound By Blood, the Legends series, as well as Immortal Revenge which features Sean from Immortal Justice.
If our readers are as intrigued as us, where can they purchase your books and/or contact you? All of my books can be found on Amazon, and readers are more than welcome to contact me at faithvsmith@aol.com. Also my website is faithvsmith.com




16 comments:

  1. Great interview! Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer. I loved writing this book. Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the interviews! I've read "Immortal Justice," and I'm looking forward to more fabulous stories from Ms. Smith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. I am a big fan of your work. Your Dragon Knight series and Fenian Warriors rock!

      Delete
  3. I love the premise of an immortal Highlander demon hunter. Great interview with your hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alina. Darach doesn't have a lot to say, so I am surprised he spoke up as he did. He usually more of a man of actions than words.

      Delete
  4. Loved meeting Darach! His story sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kara. I know that Darach enjoyed meeting you also!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the interview! Best wishes with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by, Maureen! I am a fan of your work. I am trying to bring new life to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I loved the concept and loved the excerpt. Looking forward to reading this one for sure. I love Medieval knights and warriors, esp. Scots warrior or knights--of course what lady with red blood in their veins doesn't? I don't read much paranormal, but if about knights and warriors, again, esp. Scots,then yep, I read it. And Faith sounds the perfect match and herione for Darach. Oh, what fun ahead. Wishing you much success with this one and all upcoming ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant Abby above, not Faith---daaaah. So sorry Faith. Niceto meet you by the way.

      Delete
    2. Hi Beverly! Thanks for stopping by. I knew you meant Abby, but it was nice to think I was the heroine also. Like I can walk without tripping. LOL. Nice to meet you!

      Delete
    3. I am so glad you liked the concept for this book. It was close to my heart when I wrote it.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Petie. I think that Darach is a man of few words, but sometimes he does get it right...lol. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete