Monday, December 10, 2018

Wild Women Feature: Tena Stetler's A Magic Redemption


     Synn, a demon, carries extraordinary magic and power, but there is more within her than she dreams. Kidnapped as a child, her captors murdered her family and forced her into training as a warrior assassin. When an assignment goes horribly wrong, she finds herself at the mercy of the friends and family of her intended target.  Offering valuable information in exchange for protection, she gains her freedom, but it is not without its challenges.
     Gavin Shaughnessy is the publican at his family’s Irish pub.  He is certain Synn is meant to be his and isn’t bothered by her past.  He must find a way to convince her, their future together is stronger than the dark memories that haunt her dreams.

Wild Women Authors welcomes author Tena Stetler as she celebrates the release of A Magic Redemption, Book five in her A Demon's Witch Series. With Tena is Synn the heroine of this unique story. As usual, we'll begin with Synn.
Where are you from? Colorado Mountains and kinda all over I guess you’d say.
Did you have a happy childhood? Until age twelve when I was kidnapped and my family murdered.
Where do you live now and what do you do for a living? Now I live in Ireland. After escaping from the demon Baltizar, I offered information to the Demon Overlord of the Western Hemisphere, he was trying to help man and magic kind, in exchange for protection and freedom, basically a fresh start. But even with magic it not as easy as you’d think. I’m working as a waitress in Shaughnessy’s Pub. It belongs to Gavin Shaughnessy’s family. He and I are…Well let’s call it working things out. And I have my own cottage I share with the Storm, a pup I rescued.
Is there something you'd rather be doing? No. It’s a pretty decent job, the customers are great, Shaughnessys are wonderful, even after the incident. Except Brandy, and that’s a long story.
What's going on in your life right now? I’m just living day to day, hoping my past doesn’t rear it’s ugly head. But it seems there may be a showdown and I don’t want any of my new friends or the Shaughnessys to get caught in the crossfire. I don’t mean to make my life sound all doom and gloom. I did have a wonderful time shopping, having our nails done and lunching with my new friends Bridget, Katie, Colleen and Gale. At Bridget’s insistence I purchase a couple matching sets of lingerie. That was a first. In fact I’ve had a lot of firsts recently. Then we had a girls night in, watching movies, ragged on guys, drank wine, ate junk food. What fun. So you can see why I worry about my new friends.
Is there someone special in your life? Sort of. Once things get settled, and I’m sure it’s safe, Gavin and I will probably give it another chance.
How did you meet? While I was under the influence of Baltizar, I was ordered to terminate Brandy Shaughnessy, Gavin’s sister, and Stefen Talltree, Brandy’s boyfriend, a vampire. They were involved at the time and now engaged. The assignment failed and I was severely punished. I defected to the good side, so to speak, and met Gavin at his family’s pub while under the protection of Bruce, the Demon Overlord I told you about. I was helping out by washing dishes and we just clicked. Boy his sister, Brandy threw a conniption.
What's his family like? They are wonderful. His parents, Tim and Mary, own the pub, Hannah is his other sister, she’s married to Tristian Shandie, Bruce’s enforcer and right hand man-warlock. Brandy, well she’s understandably distressed with how things have turned out. But I had nowhere else to go and Ireland, the land of myths and legends, seemed the best place to try to start a new life.
What's keeping you two apart? My well-founded fears that Baltizar may escape the seventh level of Hell. He was sent after Bruce and his entourage won the battle for mankind in A Vampire’s Unlikely Alliance and exact revenge on my new found friends and Gavin’s family. He has dangerous people willing to do his bidding in the mortal world.
What one thing could you do that would make you feel like the relationship will work out? It’s not really something I can go, but as I said before, I need to make sure no one will be harmed because of me or my past. Until then, I can’t let anyone get close.
Any last comments, Synn? I really have tried to turn my life around and I believe I am succeeding one day at a time.
A bit about our featured author:
Tena Stetler is a best-selling author of award winning paranormal romance. She has an over-active imagination, which led to writing her first vampire romance as a tween to the chagrin of her mother and delight of her friends. After many years as a paralegal, then an IT Manager, she decided to live out her dream of pursuing a publishing career.
With the Rocky Mountains outside her window, she sits at her computer surrounded by a wide array of witches, shapeshifters, demons, faeries, and gryphons, with a Navy SEAL or two mixed in telling their tales. Her books tell stories of magical kick-ass women and mystical alpha males that dare to love them. Travel, adventure and a bit of mystery flourish in her books along with a few companion animals to round out the tales.
Colorado is home; shared with her husband of many moons, a brilliant Chow Chow, a spoiled parrot and a forty-five-year-old box turtle. When she’s not writing, her time is spent kayaking, camping, hiking, biking  or just relaxing in the great Colorado outdoors. During the winter you can find her curled up in front of a crackling fire with a good book, a mug of hot chocolate and a big bowl of popcorn.

A Magic Redemption was released on December 5, 2018 and is available from Amazon,   Amazon UK, Amazon AU, Amazon CA,   itunes, The Wild Rose Press, Barnes and Nobel  Wal-mart.com
Book trailer for A Demon’s Witch Series: https://youtu.be/lELj0amtkk8
To learn more about Tena Stetler and the stories she creates, go to:
My Say What Blog - http://www.tenastetler.com/category/my-say-what-blog/
Tribber - http://triberr.com/TenaStetler





10 comments:

  1. Interesting post and character interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! Synn was an intriguing character.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the interview and character interview. They steered me toward wanting to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wonderful, I love hearing that. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great book--love the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed the interview.

      Delete
  4. I admire your ability to bring paranormal romance alive! Continued success to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I really enjoyed the interview. Sounds like a really great story, very imaginative with lots of conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! I read too fast and, for a moment, thought the author's family had been kidnapped and murdered. Glad that was only on the page.

    ReplyDelete