Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Welcome Danielle Bannister and Must Love Coffee




Must Love Coffee.
     That was the first requirement coffee shop owner, Finn Allen, insisted upon in his ad for a new barista. 
     He wasn’t expecting his valedictorian, coffee-hating nemesis, Samantha Whitman, to answer the ad, or for her to look smoking after all these years. 
     It was too bad she was married because that’s a line Finn, a recovering playboy, wouldn’t cross.  Things get muddy, however, when Sam turns to him for comfort during a crisis. 
     Can Finn keep his emotions in check or will he screw things up yet again?

Wild Women Authors is pleased to feature Must Love Coffee, a later in life romance by Danielle Bannister. She’s brought coffee shop owner Finn Allen with her and he’s up first.
Where are you from? Bucksville, New Hampshire 
Tell us a bit about Must Love Coffee. Besides being the name of the coffee shop I inherited from my parents when they passed, I guess the story is about small towns and romance finding you where you least expect it. Like my coffee shop, for example.
What did you think the first time you saw Samantha Whitman? Honestly? That she had aged well, ha! We knew each other in high school. I had no idea she was back until she came in to interview for an opening for a barista that I had. We weren’t like, buddies back then, but we knew who each other was. She definitely grew into her deliciously curvy body, let’s just say that.
What was your second thought? How the hell can I accept Sam’s application to work in my shop? She was way too hot. I’d never be able to focus. Still, there was something in her eyes that told me she was desperate for the job. So, yeah, I hired her, and the roller coaster ride began.
Was it love at first sight? Maybe lust at first sight. What can I say, I’m a guy. She was hot. It’s not like I could overlook that.  
What do you like most about Sam? I’m sure you think I’m gonna say like her boobs or ass or something, but no...it’s her strength. The struggles she’s had to deal with lately...Man, I don’t know if I could do it. And her heart, too, ya know? When she loves, she loves you with her whole heart. That’s something I’ve never had before, and I’ve been around the block more than a few times. 
How would you describe her? Obviously she’s hot, olive skin, long dark hair, thick full lips you just wanna kiss, and her eyes. I’m telling you, they will do you in. She looks in the square in the soul with those eyes. It’s intense. 
How would Sam describe you? Oh man...she knew me as a playboy back in school, but the years after weren’t as kind do me in the curve department. Getting older sucks. I need glasses, need to get back to the gym...some Rogain. Ugh. I don’t know what she sees in me, honestly. 
What made you choose operating Must Love Coffee as a career? I wasn’t really given a choice. It was left to me in my parent’s will. I was in no position to take over their business. I was not a very reliable person...I guess taking this on, sort of forced me to grow up. Probably why they left it to me instead of my highly responsible sister, Jackie. 
What is your biggest fear? That Sam will realize she doesn’t really care about me after all. Pathetic, I know. 
How do you relax? I play guitar. I hadn’t played since high school really, but Sam has encouraged me to pick it up again.
Who is your favorite fictional character? I’m not really much of a reader. Do comics count? I really dug The Hulk as a kid. He turned anger into a superpower. I always thought that was cool. 
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Probably from my sister. She helped me see things clearly with Sam. 
Thanks for spending time with us, Finn. Now it’s Danielle’s turn.
What movies or books have had an impact on your career as a writer? Oh gosh, ALL the romantic genres, rom-coms, and swoon-worthy moments. The big gestures, like Say Anything, boom-box overhead, heart out in the open...that kind of stuff has always stayed with me. When the path to love isn’t easy but worth fighting for. I love to see that struggle for love to find a way. 
What event in your private life were you able to bring to this story and how do you feel it impacted the novel? My love of The Hulk. ha. Oh, and my love of coffee. But also, the character of Jackie. I named her after an aunt who passed away while I was writing it. Her name was Jenny, but I wanted to remember my aunt, so I changed the character’s name and dedicated the book to her. All of my books are essentially about hopeless romantics because I, myself, am one. 
Tell us a bit about your publisher: how did you hear about them and what influenced your decision to submit to them? I’m primarily a self-published author and have been since I started writing back in 2009. I am a bit of a control freak so like to have say in the details like cover, pricing, etc. Though, I am looking at a few publishing houses now just to see what they may have to bring to the table.  The older I get, the more I’m willing to let go of some things. ha!
What book[s] currently rest on your TBR pile? So many books there. I need to finish the Outlander series, cause I just have to. I have a friend’s new release, Revealing Hope, bu Julie Cassar, The Royal Protector Academy by Randi Cooley Wilson, Accidentally Married, by R. R. Banks, The Wedding from Hell Pt 3 by J.R. Ward… I could go on and on. As does my list Ha. 
Lastly, what's up next and when can we expect to see it on the shelves? 
GREAT question.  Must Love Coffee is one of three in a stand-alone series that all happen in the same town, Bucksville, New Hampshire. I thought it would be fun, coming from a small town myself, to explore the lives of three people living in that same town. So while they are connected by locations, a few crossover characters and such, each book is independent of the other, but if you read all three, there are Easter eggs in there to discover. The first two that I wrote in that series, Doppelganger and Must Love Coffee are both on sale for .99 cents in anticipation of the Taking Stock, which was released on Sept. 27!  

MUST LOVE COFFEE
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/MLCSW 
Paperback: http://bit.ly/MLCPB 

DOPPELGANGER  
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/2iLJx1B 

TAKING STOCK (Releasing 9-27-19)

AUTHOR PAGES

Insta: daniellebannisterbooks


No comments:

Post a Comment